Lovelace: Alarm card

Can YOU perhaps check the version number you got of the bwalarm.py?

I could if I knew where it was. :flushed:

find / -iname "*alarm.py"
/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/alarm_control_panel/ialarm.py
/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/alarm_control_panel/ness_alarm.py
/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/alarm_control_panel/yale_smart_alarm.py
/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/ness_alarm.py
/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/binary_sensor/ness_alarm.py
/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/abodepy/devices/alarm.py
/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/pyialarm/pyialarm.py
/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/lupupy/devices/alarm.py
/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/nessclient/cli/server/alarm.py
/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/nessclient/alarm.py

It should be under the /custom_components/alarm_control_panel

but as I said, I’m using the now built-in card, not the custom component.

I better just go to bed! Sorry!

You’re assuming he’s using the custom component alarm by gazoscalvertos (YET another take on an alarm system), right? Doesn’t look like he is. I am and I’m also missing the keypad in the latest release, using the now-default lovelace card alarm-panel. Just thought I’d (hopefully) clear up the confusion.

Edit: Looks like this might be fixed in the next release: https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/20037

I’m running through the original post instructions, I’ve uploaded the config file to the config/www folder.
When that file is open in the Configurator, there is an alert for line 16: set hass(hass) {
The alert says: Setter is defined without getter. Is that a problem?

Everything seems to be working great. Thanks for the fantastic card.

Cheers, Richard

Just updated to 0.86.1, envisalink/DSC, using default card, still no numeric keypad! Any hints?

There was a breaking change for alarms in 0.86.1. Your code in the config needs to be wrapped in " ".

Example:

envisalink:
  code: "12345"

Tried both with “12345” and ‘12345’ (per configuration guide), still no go!

After you adjust the config and restart HA you’ll need to Hard Reload the lovelace page.

Already tried that as well:

Rebooted and still no luck.

Is still a problem, please raise an issue on the GitHub site

I did - please report if you have any additional information that can help the developers!

EDIT: Correctly created Ticket (I hope)

Has anyone implemented or seen implemented a way of hiding/showing the keypad? For example clicking on the state icon either expands the card to show the keypad and arm/disarm buttons or it pops out.

I’m looking to implement it but was curious if anyone had seen it done elsewhere?

I’ve made it possible to hide the state buttons and keypad. Use the below version and add the option auto_hide: true

I’m going to look at adding a transition but not at the cost of performance. I will submit a pull request once finished.

Don’t want to hi jack the tread, but a related wish, since you have the know how.

Any idea to develop an paltform called “keypad”? Like the alarm panel, but only with the keypad with the “clear” and a “OK” - button. The platform when pressing “OK”, sets the state to the number input. So the number can be used in automations etc.

This for entering number values for other task, like opening locks, setting new lock codes etc.

Any ide to makeit the option to use icons (user selected) instead of text on the buttons, "Disarm", "Arm Home", "Arm Away" and "Arm Night"?

Hi all,

HA 0.87 has updated the Material Icons and it breaks the state icons. If you replace the this._icons section at the top of the plugin with the below if will work again.

this._icons = {
  'armed_away': 'mdi:shield-lock',
  'armed_custom_bypass': 'mdi:security',
  'armed_home': 'mdi:shield-home',
  'armed_night': 'mdi:shield-home',
  'disarmed': 'mdi:shield-check',
  'pending': 'mdi:shield-outline',
  'triggered': 'hass:bell-ring',
}

Opened issue #20854 since I am still missing the numeric keypad in 0.87.0.
https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/20854