Lovelace: Animated Background based on entity state

No, however the thread you are in is actually about a component/addon that can do animated wallpapers. I have only tried this once but it didnt fit my needs. Though I think it should be possible with this addon.

yes I installed it and it works well in custom header but I would like to be able to integrate it differently to make it easier to change the wallpaper.

I have this code to embed my images but I think that to embed a URL the code must not be good this way?

Nico-test-6:
  lovelace-background: center / cover no-repeat url("/local/background/nico6.jpg") fixed

You can do this with the Animated Background plugin. Follow the install instructions and change the entity to your input select. Define a video (or videos) for each state and it should change the background when you change the selection.

The newest Animated Background release allows images as well as videos. You will now be able to use an input select to change your background image.

That is really cool, I do wonder how it will look on a phone though. Awesome work anyways, I am going to try this again!

Hello, thank you for your answer on the other hand how to create a selection and insert the links of the images, I have a little trouble with the code, could you please help me?

Thank you in advance

Quick Q: I’m trying to use locally saved videos.
I’ve set it this way, but the videos never load:

entity: "input_boolean.theme_dark"
  state_url:
    'off':
      - "/config/www/River.mp4"

I know the path is correct. Is this my mistake or a limitation of the component?

That is not the correct path. The correct path would be "/local/River.mp4"

In your Animated Background configuration it would look something like

animated_background:
  #whatever your input select is called here
  entity: "input_select.background"
  state_url:
    #'selection_1' and 'selection_2' would be selection options of your input select
    #replace these with your actual states
    'selection_1':  "/local/video.mp4" # < this is where the URL goes
    'selection_2': "/local/image.png"

Thank you very much. problem solved.

OK thanks a lot but I don’t understand the part of the code I have to put in my configuration file, do you have an idea?

You mean where the configuration goes? I’m not sure what you’re asking.

yes I did as you told me but I think I have to create a script to execute it? if so how to do please?

Did you follow the install instructions?

yes it works perfectly but I can’t manage to configure an input selection and put it on my main screen to change background quickly

Did you add that input select to your configuration with those options? https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/input_select/

You also need to add the input select to a view in an entities card

this is my .yaml configuration
here’s where I’m at

Is the background not changing when you change the input select? I’m still not sure what issue you are having.

You also named the entity input_select.select_background, but in your animated_background config you have input_select.background