Lovelace: Banner card

Not sure when it happened but map_state has stopped working for me. I have the following code but doesn’t seem to display correctly, continues to show on and off instead of open and closed.

- entity: binary_sensor.amelia_door
   map_state:
     'off': closed
     'on': open
   name: Door

On my side this works :

- entity: some.entity
  map_state:
    'off':
      value: Closed
    'on':
      value: Opened
1 Like

@SNoof85 That fixed it, Thanks for the help.

1 Like

Oh, thanks. Sounds interesting. I will play around with it a little. Maybe I will find a use case for this.

Feature request for whenever you have time a map_state: text_color: #xyz123 would be super cool so like if a light is on the text or mdi:icon can be yellow or something like that

2 Likes

@ideal2545 Agree. A feature request is already open for this

This card is really awesome. Thank you for all the work. Only thing I can’t figure out how to do (if possible) is to change the height of the overall card. I’d like to use a standard height (regardless if a card has two or three lines) and make the cards taller. Is this possible at all?

thank you!

1 Like

Found a small bug, i had a media_player fall off the network (wife unplugged it by accident) and my entire main screen just went blank, narrowed it down to this:

• entity: media_player.master_bedroom_speaker
    when: playing

I had to remove that from the card and everything came back to normal. Looks like maybe there needs to be a condition like if the entity doesnt exist, display media player error or something like that.

Hi, im new for this home assistance, currently using raspberry pi3 and already setup home assistance, im trying to apply this banner card mode to my home assistant, but im a bit confused, the first step where it says put banner-card.js at configure/www/ i dont see this folder in my home assistance, can any one help me on this? Where should i put it?

Create that “www” folder in the folder where your file configuration.yaml is.

Can you share your Lovelace config

Since upgrading card-mod to v4 the non-rounded corners issue has returned and overflow: hidden doesn’t appear to work.
Someone posted using border-radius many posts ago but I don’t know if it was related to this, i tried it anyway and it doesn’t resolve it. Any other suggestions? I posted on the card-mod thread a few days ago but had no response. I’ve reverted back to v3 for now.

Im getting an error when trying to set this up in my home assistant setup

Ive added the url call into my lovelace settings through the raw edit in the interface

resources:

I have downloaded the js file and put it into the www folder

but when trying to use the card i get the following error
Custom element doesn’t exist: banner-card.
{
“background”: “#EDE7B0”,
“entities”: “light.ceiling”,
“heading”: “:couch_and_lamp: Living room”,
“link”: “/lovelace/livingroom”,
“type”: “custom:banner-card”
}

This is what i have entered into the manual card option in the lovelace ui

background: ‘#EDE7B0
entities: light.ceiling
heading: “\U0001F6CB Living room”
link: /lovelace/livingroom
type: ‘custom:banner-card’

Any help would be appreciated, thank you

Try to install it through Home Assistant Community Store (HACS).

hello, how did you put 4 objects in the same row? to me every 3 creates a new line

row_size: 4
 type: 'custom:banner-card'
2 Likes

Has anyone managed to display the entity state object properties? It would be very nice to be able see the last_changed from for example:
{{ relative_time(states.sensor.kitchen.last_changed) }}

Tried using card-templater but it would not work.

Very nice card! Is there any way to display a local svg file instead of an icon, preferably through map_state? Also, can I somehow change the size of the icon being displayed?
banner-card-icon
I think the icon is too small compared to the text.

Thank you!

Since upgrading to 0.100 my switches have disappeared. Is this me missing something?

There should be switches under the light names.

3 Likes

hey, is there any way to do the “map state” option, when using the “attribute” too?
i did think about writing the attribute out to another template value, which works, however i then lose the feature i like, which is when i click the button, it brings up the climate control features?

this doesnt seem to work:

- entity: climate.livng_room
    attribute: hvac_action
    map_state:
      heating:
        name: heating
        value: 'mdi:radiator'
      idle:
        name: idle
        value: 'mdi:radiator-off'