Lovelace: Button card

I’ve just published 2.0.4 which now hopefully also fixes this issue.

I have just tested and it works! Thanks!

1 Like

All of this nonsense doesn’t help me to hate less IOS :smiley:

2 Likes

I havent updated this yet, because I am installing beta 5 right now. It might have fixed the problem all together but who knows. I will let you know after I have completed installing it. The reason I wait is because I want to see if anything has changed on Apple’s side.

I’ve opened a thread on Apple’s dev forum… I don’t know if that’s the right place to report for such things…
https://forums.developer.apple.com/message/374096

Please let me know if beta 5 fixes it with a version of button-card which is <=2.0.2

Haha I have to say that was a strange change. I do have another issue but not sure if it’s the button card. When I press a button quickly sometimes it will trigger another button that appears in the same spot. It’s like there is a second press happening. Here is a gif that shows it activating the weather pop up after pressing the back button.

That is disgusting…

Edit: With this hack, does it make it so mouse support on iOS 13 doesn’t work? I would think so. :man_shrugging:

Sounds like you are running ios 13 :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: but no I have this too, but I think it is related to ios 13. If it isn’t I’d be happy to know.

Mouse works still with this change. It even does the “phantom double click” I am showing in the GIF above.

That’s something I can’t seem to reproduce:

Could it be because mine is a popup and not a state button? The weather bar at the top is not actually a button-card but the back button I press is. I will have to see if I can find an iOS12 device to test.

Another difference is I am using conditional cards and everything is actually on only one view.

On my side, it doesn’t happen if the spot where I click return is over the default core HA button on the target tab either.

I only started seeing this today after updating the button-card but I am not entirely sure what version I was on before. I will try and find out and test some more.

1 Like

Huge thanks for fixing the iOS 13 beta issue @RomRider. Lots of things were broken in my setup because of that, very happy that you were able to do a workaround for now. It’s working perfect for me now in iOS 13 b4 and the iOS beta 62 app.

There’s some other things broken in iOS 13 Safari and Home Assistant (unrelated to button card), for example can’t access the Lovelace “3 dots” menu where Refresh, Configure UI, and Unused entities is. I wonder if that’s also caused by the same issue you found?

Btw you can send bug reports using https://feedbackassistant.apple.com/ and those go directly to the relevant team inside Apple. It lets you upload files like screenshots and videos too, so that is probably the best way to report such things. I’ve been doing this with every iOS 13 beta so far, the more people who report these issues the greater chance it has of being fixed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Did beta 5 fix it for you? I installed beta 5 and I tried installing an older version this button-card but I cannot get it to double toggle anymore.

Doesn’t work with 2.0.2. Havent tried with 1.11 yet. Unfortunately I have no means of doing this right now.

So conclusion so far is that beta 5 did not fix the problem.

The culprit here is probably your cache :wink:

I mean I think your right but I have done everything to try and reset it. I cleared all data from safar, I tried versioning it in the resources.yaml and I have reset the mobile app. Any suggestions?

So after updating to the new version it doesn’t do this anymore. But the same problem as @shauder when going back (with conditional cards) it will immediately tap again and open the underlying button/card (in my case either picture elements with tap action or weather card like @shauder)

Do you know if the same thing happens on your wife’s iOS12 device? Another thing I notice is it doesn’t happen on the desktop with a mouse at all. It does happen on the phone when I used a mouse or touch.