Lovelace by Jimzz011 (HA 0.91.x compatible) *DEPRECATED

Definitely going to draw some inspiration from you on the cleaning and dog sections especially when I get to that point with my setup. (Also, nice choice of dog breed, we have two Miniature Australian Shepherds.)

For the popup-card, not sure where you are referencing the overflow: hidden or what you’re going for with that, but I used card-modder to get the look I wanted for mine. (Side note, I noticed a couple minor style issues with the popup-card on mobile and opened an issue on the card-tools repo the other day).

You updates are looking quite nice. I like your notification cards, could you share your config for those? I was considering using the persistent notifications for this and making a custom card to display them on a card. I’m quite curious how you’ve set this up.

I did use the persistent notifications, but they are ugly in my opinion, and I can’t really make them very dynamic. So I decided to do it this way.

I will share the code tonight when I get home, for now you could try it already. I used 3 cards for this:

• (useful) markdown card
  • card modder
  • conditional card

Set up the conditional cards to just show the markdown card when specific conditions are met. And use card modder to style that card. You could also show pictures or buttons if prefered.

Cool yea that’s sort of how I expected it to work, which is a nice but sort of hacky way of doing it. The main problem I would have with it is that you have to set up a card for each notification. Better than nothing though :wink: .

I’m still considering creating a custom card that could show persistent notifications in a similar way you have it set up currently. I really like the idea of having notifications displayed like this in a view instead of just having the notification bell.

Yeah same here, I actually wanted to create a separate page for it, but thought this was more useful. As with the alarm bell icon, we never ever press on it. So this leverages that.

True it is a bit hacky and you will need to setup each card individually, but it works very well (but only on phones though) on a tablet/pc it looks a bit weird with a lot of empty space between cards. It updates immediately. Well yeah, my ui-lovelace.yaml has over 11.000 lines of code so it could indeed be better haha.

Have a look at my ui-lovelace.yaml on github if you’re interested. It uses a bunch of includes to avoid having one massive yaml file and allows for re-using configs in different views.

1 Like

Yeah I saw something like this a while ago, something made by Thomas Loven I believe. However at first I never needed it as I only had like 2000 lines, but now it is getting out of hand haha, sometimes I get headaches for finding a simple line haha.

Will do this soon.

So for the ones that are waiting, here is a videopreview, I expect the code to be up within the week. Only a few pages left to work on.

1 Like

Mijn complimenten hoor! Dat ziet er strak uit. Well done.

1 Like

This will be the last update before I will release it, I have just some little details to finish. Enjoy:

The upcoming release will include:

• lovelace swipe navigation
  • scenes WITH STATE (see screens)
  • use of anchors (gone from 14.000 lines of code to 7000)
  • spinning icons for fans
  • updated all cards for use with the latest button card update (grid)

Anyways the link will drop thursday!

2 Likes

Curious to hear how you did the scenes with state!

1 Like

I will post the code tomorrow, it consists out of input_booleans, groups and automations. Though I am looking for a better way. It works though!

I will be releasing what I have been sharing over the last week tonight, however I wanted to show what I am working on next, which is theming.

1 Like

This thread will be closing, I have opened a new one regarding the new setup. Get your code here!
Sorry for the delay.

Hi @jimz011.
Your work is truely amazing and I cannot wait until mine looks even half as good as yours. Patients and time seem to be the key to a great looping interface.
I will really appreciate if you can point me in the direction of your Code for Mobile and Tablet versions. I can see I will learn a great deal from reading and examining your Code. It is truely a pleasure to view the screenshots. I learnt best from looking at examples and trying to replicate in my own dashboard so I can understand the flow and controls. I am not a programmer however I do learn fast
To get your code and learn from it will be a great help to my future development
I would appreciate a link so I can view

Nice work and keep up the great effort your are contributing to the community
cheers. Bruce

1 Like

The link is in the first post. It will link to my github repo. There is no specific tablet/phone view as this setup scales dynamically depending on screen size so it will always fit any device.

Edit, whoops this was a very old thread. Please go to this thread:
https://community.home-assistant.io/t/homekit-inspired-lovelace-by-jimz011-july-2019-ha-0-95-x-compatible/

Thank you so much @jimz011. I look forward to going through your setup and learning more as I go along. Much appreciated and thank you again

Sorry Just one other question that I forgot during my reply @jimz011. You mention that your setup scales dynamically depending on screen size… Is this type of dynamic adjusting automatic in most or all setups or is something you have to setup and insert lines of code to do this? If it is code, could you please share as I am having this problem with IOS and Android devices with different screen sizes and mobiles. Thanks again for now

No my current setup which can be found here:

All buttons etc will scale automatically, no additional code required.

Excellent stuff thank you. Look forward to reviewing