📺 Lovelace: Camera Card

Very simple card that shows the more-info-camera in a Lovelace card allowing you to stream your cameras without clicking for more-info and also supports the new HLS feeds.

12 Likes

Amazing, gonna try it later on tonight!

These work on my W10 desktop, but do not appear on the iOS App. Running the latest of everything.

does clicking on a camera to bring up a stream work for you in the iOS app? That’s all this card is doing.

Yes in does. Sometimes I need to click twice to get the more-info card up. These cards aren’t even presenting an empty card on iOS.

Correction: I’m on 90.2 HA

:man_shrugging: try some browsers on your device

I’ll upload Chrome to the iphone.

Same results with Chrome on iOS.

When I move from the main tab to my security tab one of the streams will automatically open. I can then swipe to the next stream. The security tab remains obscured by these streams.

That’s iOS behavior as I understand it. If there is a single video element on a page, it will full screen it. Try putting two cards on a page

I’ve got two camera-cards and one generic on my security page. In Firefox, on the W10 machine, all three cameras appear. Active streams showing in the two camera-cards and a still image on the generic. Clicking on the generic still brings up the more-info card with the active stream playing. Clicking on the camera-card does nothing. Double-clicking on the generic gives me a full-screen playback. Double-clicking on the camera-card opens the full screen view, but doesn’t play.

On iOS with Safari only the generic appears on the page when you first open the tab. After a brief while (1 -2 sec) the camera-card stream appears full screen and I’m able to swipe to the second stream. Chrome behaves similarly.

Chrome uses the same webkit as safari, so theoretically every browser on ios should perform similar. This also means that special chrome only features won’t work on ios as it is basically just safari with a skin :stuck_out_tongue: (not exactly but simply put).

Nice i was looking for something like this! would be great if we could put sensors in it like a glance card.

That won’t happen in this card. This was just a quick hack and is not the long-term solution. I’ll likely be adding a stream option to all picture cards in lovelace in the future

3 Likes

Hi Ian,

works really good ,thanks. This one was missing from the cards :smiley:
Would be really nice to add entities linke in the picture-glance card, for example to pan / select presets from a button in the card.
Would it be possible to to add that?

Cheers!

I think something like that would be best done with a picture-elements card to start

Released version 1.2:

• show more-info on click
1 Like

Hi Ian,

I mean a few ‘buttons’ in the lower part of the camera-card, to select a few PTZ presets

This is a temporary card. Won’t be around long and won’t be adding a lot of features. Instead will be adding streams to picture cards

1 Like

Works fab with my Foscam cameras. Still trying to get my SV3C PoE RTSP IP cameras working in HA, but when they do… this will be great.

Will having say 7 windows updating be a massive drain? I am running on a Mac Mini with VM

:man_shrugging:

1 Like