Lovelace camera_view: live on iOS device

Has anyone tried using camera_view: live on an iOS device?
It works fine on my laptop but on my iOS device it just ends up loading 4 separate full screen streams (4 picture glance cards on that view) that I have to X out of to get back to the camera view of HA app. It does this as soon as I click on the view with the cameras.
I did read that they were going to work on a way to turn off for mobile devices but I guess I’m really wondering if it should work on an iOS device if you didn’t care about the data use.

I also noticed that it works if you just pull it up via safari on iOS, so it’s something with how the iOS app is wrapping the browser view as it should work.

Yes it does work for me in safari also… maybe @robbiet480 could tell us what is different in the apps handling of the streams vs safari by itself. Any hope for it to work directly in the app ?

Works for me in latest beta version, although similar to Safari, it sometimes needs a page refresh. Have you updated?

No not using the beta app at the moment… maybe worth a shot

EDIT: works great in the beta app…

Yeah it was something to do with Apple trying to protect users by not allowing autoplay, which I overrode.

I’m suddenly getting a still image with a play button in the middle anyone seen this?

Nvm… seems like it isn’t returning after this first time unless I do a refresh

I just wanted to mention for anyone else… it turns out the most likely cause of this was actually because I frequently use my phone in low-power-mode when at work… the phone being in low-power mode will never auto-play the stream… so I think that was the actual root cause of me seeing the play arrow again instead of the live stream.

1 Like