Lovelace cast - can someone please explain what's happening here

I’m trying to cast lovelace ui to my nest display on voice command. This is what I did.

• I create a script in HA which call the frontend lovelace cast service
  • I create a routine in Google Home that activates the script

Pretty straight forward, right? but the problem is it only works occasionally, and i’m not sure why. Sometimes it freezes at the connected screen, and sometime it loads with errors on my custom UI cards.

All of my custom cards is 100% pure javascript what doesn’t use any external helper library such as LitElement etc… or any packaging or bundling tools.

Can someone please explain to me what is happening??? I’m so confused!!!

I’ve had best results when casting a specific section of lovelace rather than just the default front page. Example sub.duckdns.org/lovelace/theater cast to the theater interface. No idea the underlying reason but just what I saw.

I gave up on the HomeAssistant Cast and started using CATT

1 Like

Ok guys, i think i figured it out the peoblem here. I was running Home Assistant on one of the linux virtual machinre on my Macbook pro for development purposes, and connect to it via a bridged network, so they are basically on a different subnets.

When I try a gain on my main Home Assistant build running on raspi4 which are hard wired directly to the main Router, and the problem gone!