Lovelace custom card on Home Assistant Core at all possible?

Question: is it at all possible to install custom Lovelace cards in Home Assistant Core?

• Running HA Core in a python virtual environment on Xubuntu 20.04. Trying to install the custom power-wheel-card (Github). Dropped ‘power-wheel-card.js’ in config/www. In my case: /home/homeassistant/.homeassistant/www/

• Using yaml-mode for Lovelace. Added ‘resource’ statement to ui-lovelace.yaml:
    resources:

• url: /local/power-wheel-card.js?v=1
      type: module
  • When loading front-end, I get response ‘custom card does not exist’.

• Permissions on files and directories are OK. Searched the forums, and it’s unclear to me whether custom cards only work in Hass.io/Home Assistant, or also in HA Core.

Any ideas welcome!
Thanks,
Teunis

The good news: Yes, custom Lovelace cards work just fine with HA Core (which I’m also using).

I usually install these using HACS (if possible), otherwise I manually add the resources under ConfigurationLovelace DashboardsResources.

I dimly seem to remember (maybe I’m wrong) that ui-lovelace.yaml has been deprecated? You might want to check on this.

I’m using HA Core 0.112.4 and lots of custom cards.

Thanks – I went the manual route you suggested (config -> dashboard -> resources) and that worked. Wasn’t entirely happy, as I only have a GUI-managed Lovelace test page, and manage the ‘production’ part of my front-end fully via YAML (I don’t think that’s deprecated, at least, I hope not!). Yet oddly enough, after having added the custom card in the GUI, it suddenly started to work on the YAML-page as well. Not sure if this is a bug or a feature, but the end result is satisfactory!

Glad I could help! Personally, I’m also not too happy about having part of my configuration in YAML, and other parts done via the UI.