Lovelace-fullykiosk

You can extract the battery and charging info into a template sensor.

I’ll look at fixing the icon problem. It’s bothered me too. Feel free to add an issue on github to remind me.

1 Like

It works beautifully!

One more question. I am trying to add …
edit: Nevermind. I didnt do it right. I got it now. Thank you!

Well… that was simple…
Now the motion sensor has the right device class.

It looks like I doesnt work for me. I re-downloaded (also copy-pasted the raw) your new file and even changed the version by adding ?2 at the end of the ui-lovelace. Also cleared my cache. I also tried to change the device classh from HA customize menu. Nothing…

Strange…
What does your sensor look like in the states list? Specifically, what are the attributes?
Does anything change when motion is detected?

And - just to be sure - you did reload the page in Fully Kiosk, right? Not in your computers browser?

WOW! Thats it! I was supposed to reload the fully browser for this to work? That was it! I dont get it, but that was it!

The script runs in Fully Kiosk Browser on the device itself. That’s why it’s faster than using the REST interface, and that’s why it only works if Fully Kiosk is open…

1 Like

How can I change the friendly name? I change it in customize and it changes for a few seconds and then returns.

I think I have fixed that in a new update. Please download the new one, reload the page in Fully Kiosk and try again.

Yes that worked. Thank you

Hey Thomas,

I did what you said and I can change the friendly name now. But the screen no longer goes to sleep and I can not turn it off or adjust the brightness via the switch.

Wow this is so easily setup with all your instructions and hard work you have shown here…thanks very much!

I have a question though about how to get the binary sensor (when movement is detected) to send a specific topic to another MQTT device?

I use sonoff devices and usually I publish this via a rule when the device sees movement…
It sends “cmnd/sonoff16/Event Movement_rumpus”

That then is received by the target device =sonoff16

sonoff16 then triggers its responce which is what I need.

So I setup this for my device…

• platform: mqtt
    name: dashboard_motion
    state_topic: “cmnd/sonoff16/Event Movement_rumpus”

I dont think that is right though as no MQTT topic is received by my target device atm?
I believe the sonoff “listen” for that “state_topic” and respond with their STATE? How do I setup topics to be published?

Any help would be fantastic…cheers!

Hi.
The mqtt motion sensor you set up is not actually a working mqtt motion sensor.
I chose mqtt because that works as an easy to set up “dummy sensor” which doesn’t require any special backend support - but it won’t actually send or receive any mqtt messages.

I suppose an automation would be best, that listens for changes in the motion sensor, and published that to mqtt via some other means.

First thing…thanks for the quick reply!
Ok I see. An automation it is then. I will report back here if/when I get it sorted Thomas.

Regards Steve Wells

Automation (2 required) for my needs was reasonably easy but I did need to reuse some code I found online.

#**********************************************************
#  Dashboard ScreenLight ON Then turn off after delay

#light.dashboard_screen Light OFF after time delay
- id: DashboardScreenLightOffWhenTimerEnds
  alias: Dashboard Screen Light Off when Unoccupied
  trigger:
    platform: state
    entity_id: light.dashboard_screen
    to: 'on'
    for:
      minutes: 1
  condition:
    condition: state
    state: 'on'
  action:
    service: homeassistant.turn_off

# Dashboard Sensor ON Publish a MQTT Packet
#

#When binary_sensor.back_door_occupied Light ON Publish a MQTT Packet
- id: DashboardMotionSensorONPublishPacket
  alias: Dashboard Motion Sensor On Publish Packet
  trigger:
    platform: state
    entity_id: binary_sensor.dashboard_motion
    to: 'on'
  condition:
    condition: state
    entity_id: binary_sensor.dashboard_motion
    state: 'on'
  action:
    service: mqtt.publish
    data:
      topic: "cmnd/sonoff16/Event"
      payload: "Movement_rumpus"   

Thanks again for your invaluable initial work with this plugin!
I will no doubt be rolling this out to several local screens around my installation.

This looks like a really cool plugin. I’m new to Hass and thinking of using my old Nexus 7 (2012) as a dashboard device. If the thing is not under powered. Maybe a custom ROM will help.

Since the tablet will be sitting in a charging dock I want some automation as well to only turn on the charging dock (with a smart plug) when battery is below a certain level and turn off the plug/charging dock again when fully charged. Never mind, I didn’t even read the OT properly. Apparently battery level is provided, so I can use this in an automation, cool!!

Not really related to this, but thinking of also using the Nexus 7 as a (local, not cloud) voice assistant, or is that asking too much from this old poor tablet :slight_smile:

Just started using this.
Am I right in thinking that the user that the panel is logged into HA with must be an Admin?

It is certainly the only way I could make it work.

Also… I can’t control the screen from Lovelace. It reports on and off correctly I just can’t control it.

For me it also only works when logged in with an admin account.

I’ve moved to using browser-mod.
Give it a try, it’s very good.

1 Like

You should.
Since the latest update of browser_mod, it has all functions of lovelace-fullykiosk and more.
And browser_mod works even for non-admin users.

In fact, lovelace-fullykiosk is now to be considered deprecated and no support will be given.
I just haven’t gotten around to updating the readme yet.

1 Like