Lovelace: Mini Media Player

Ofcourse, You just have to add the Spotify playlist to your “My Sonos”, So you do that inside the Sonos app itself. When you have them there as playlists you just put the buttons in your player. I’ve 2 players (1 for ground floor, 1 for 1st floor):

artwork: cover
entity: media_player.sonos_upstairs
group: true
hide:
  power: true
  source: true
info: short
name: Upstairs
shortcuts:
  buttons:
    - id: Qmusic
      name: Qmusic
      type: source
    - id: '538'
      name: Radio 538
    - id: Sky Radio 101 FM
      name: Skyradio
    - id: SLAM!
      name: Slam
    - id: Mijn Shazam-nummers
      name: Shazam
    - id: 360 Dance
      name: Dance
  columns: 4
source: icon
speaker_group:
  entities:
    - entity_id: media_player.sonos_upstairs
      name: Boven
    - entity_id: media_player.sonos_downstairs
      name: Woonkamer
  platform: sonos
  show_group_count: true
type: 'custom:mini-media-player'

Those Shazam-nummers and 360 Dance are the spotify playlists I’ve available in the Sonos app. The name must be exactly the same as over there.

3 Likes

Hi there,
in order to help others i explain how i configured a remote for my sony bravia android tv.
After having installed the Sony integration in hassio integration (normal procedure) and HACS with the mini media player integration, i tried as the procedure explains to add to ui-lovalace.yaml my script for the remote but unfortunately didn’t work.

Then i tried to modify my bravia media player modifying the code from the user interface.
i wrote:

entity: media_player.sony_bravia_tv
type: 'custom:mini-media-player'
info: long
hide:
  mute: false
  icon: false
  power_state: false
  replace_mute: false
name: Televisione
        shortcuts:
        buttons:
        - id: Netflix
          icon: mdi:netflix
          name: Netflix
        - id: 'Sky TG24'
          name: Sky TG24
        - id: 'Rai 1'
          name: Rai 1
        - id: 'Rai 2'
          name: Rai 2
        - id: 'Prime Video'
          name: Prime Video

Rebooting Home assistant i ended up having a great media player!!

1 Like

Hi,
I’m all new to hass.io. Your mini-media-player rocks! Thanks for the hard work.
Is there any chance to putt the background of the mini-media-player like the general mediaplayer?
It has the artwork cover on the right side en it uses the same color of the artwork left border on the left side.

Many thanks.

6 Likes

I’d love to see that option too.
It’s also the style adopted by Chrome for media control. it would give a more modern look in my opinion.
Sans titre
Hope this feature request can be taken into account !

Is there a way to fix the height of the card?
When I’m clicking buttons in the view sometimes the media title briefly vanishes and the card gets smaller so all the buttons move.

Would be good if the height could be fixed so the layout didn’t jump around.

If I’ve missed an easy way to day this. Please let me know.

Thanks.

Awesome card. really cool.
Would it be possible to add Beolink as a platform? BeoLink (Bang & Olufsen)
I would be happy to test for you

Assuming BeoLink creates a media_player entity, MMP should just be able to use that. Have you tried adding the media player to the card?

Yes it is a normal media_player and works fine for standalone player. The issue is with multiroom as MMP only supports some platforms.

EDIT: Solved. Seems like you cant just copy-past the config for a manual card :smiley: I had to delete all the spaces etc.

Installed this via HACS on Hass.io and I always get an error when trying to make a card

- type: 'custom:mini-media-player'
  entity: media_player.spotify_MYSPOTIFYNAME
  icon: 'mdi:spotify'
  hide:
    volume: true
    power_state: false

The resource installed itself in “/hacsfiles/mini-media-player/mini-media-player-bundle.js” and seems to work because HACS shows the little green box next to your plugin :frowning:

1 Like

Has anyone tried using mini-media-player with current development releases of Home Assistant (version 0.111.0.dev)? All of the icons are broken for me. Other cards are working fine, even ones which use the same icon.

It’s a known issue, the Home Assistant 0.110 release totally changes the way icons are handled, most custom cards are going to have to update. Here’s the GitHub issue that you can subscribe to.

1 Like

Awesome, thank you.

There has to be group management support in the backend component before I can add support for the platform in the card, that’s why only a limited number of platforms are currently supported (multriroom).

Will fix this weekend.

1 Like

@kalkih are you aware of the changes to squeezebox that will be in 0.110? There will be ability to add to groups etc. I hope we can get that into your card.

I can point you to the PRs once I am not posting from my retarded tablet.

Thanks for reply. The products can do multiroom, by the dedicated app or remote. But how to find out if it is compatible? The link to the other tread i provided, talks about multiroom.

Hello Dear
I have updated Home Assistant 0.110.0b2 .then media player controllers not showing .
see the below image

media

before there is play ,next, previous , volume and buttons etc …

now only icon and speaker name …

how can i fix this issue

Very nice card !
With tons of options…
Is there a showcase for the layouts available in a different topic to get inspired by?

I’ve just seen this:

What are the settings to get it like that? Any idea?

I would like it so that it shows the cover of the movie playing (thats automatic i know) but when it’s idle, or the player is unavailable, i would like to show a static pic, is that possible?
Especially the last “unavailable”

I’m not aware, yes, please link me.

What component are you using?

Fixed in the latest release of this card

That screenshot is not of this card. That’s the old core media card if I’m not wrong

Use the artwork option to display the cover artwork, and the background option for the idle background.

https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/34731 and https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/31748

Not sure about your question, but I’m trying something like this, but missing the platform:

type: custom:mini-media-player
  entity: media_player.BEO_Kitchen
  hide:
    power: true
    icon: true
  speaker_group:
    platform: xxx
    show_group_count: true
    entities:
      - entity_id: media_player.BEO_Kitchen
        name: Kitchen sound