Lovelace: Mini Media Player

Thanks. I got the uri which is below format
spotify:playlist:xxxxxx
I also tried add spotify:user: to the front, either one is working for me.

Does this require spotify premium? which I don’t have.

Recently I got an email from spotify saying free account can also link to Alexa.

I believe it requires premium yes, see the note here: https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/spotify/

This is an amazing piece of code! Family has been using it on the regular with our Sonos system.

I tried to get fancy and used auto-entity card to show playing zones.

card:
  show_header_toggle: false
  title: Music Playing
  type: entities
filter:
  exclude:
    - state: paused
    - state: idle
    - state: unavailable
  include:
    - domain: media_player
show_empty: false
type: 'custom:auto-entities'

but I added one player, my office, in the exclude section

- entity_id: media_player.myoffice

Though it worked perfectly in not showing my playing zone, every 2-5 minutes the zone would pause all on it’s own. The log simply showed that the zone was paused, but no user associated with the pause, nor was there any automations or events or scenes that even referenced this player.

I went and deleted the exclude and I haven’t had a pause in 45 minutes.

This is probably not a mini media player issue, more likely an auto-entity card problem, but figured I’d post this in case someone else has the same issue.

G

1 Like

thanks. so for this to work, need premium, and also that spotify integration, right?

Oh, I thought you were using the Spotify integration, what media player are you trying to do this on?
The Spotify integration is the only media player integration that I’m aware of which supports Spotify URIs through the play_media service.

I am trying to play spotify songs on my echo dot which is integrated using Echo Devices (Alexa) as Media Player - Testers Needed.

Hello I am a new user of Home Assistant and was just wondering if this was possible…
It probably is and is easy to set up but i’m struggling to find a solution that works for me.

I have set up the spotify integration, as well as the yamaha integration.
So I have two media players … media_player.yamaha_receiver and media_player.spotify_

How do I get spotify to play on the yamaha receiver?? (The Yamaha Receiver has spotify connect built-in)

I’ve managed to get spotify to play on the current device showing home assistant UI, but not on the Yamaha. I’m sure this is really easy i just cant get round the YAML needed to achieve this… :frowning:

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Welcome to the community forum :slight_smile:
Have a look at this post. It may help you.

Hey Guys,

can anyone help me to get my TuneIn Button to work ? If I press it nothing happens.

artwork: cover
entity: media_player.bad_2
hide:
  icon: true
  power: true
name: Bad
power_color: true
show_progress: true
shortcuts:
  columns: 4
  buttons:
    - icon: 'mdi:radio'
      type: TUNEIN
      id: RADIO BOB!
speaker_group:
  entities:
    - entity_id: media_player.bad_2
      name: Sonos Bad
    - entity_id: media_player.bad
      name: Sonos Küche
  platform: sonos
  show_group_count: true
type: 'custom:mini-media-player'

Hi,
I have integrated Amazon’s Fire Stick into Home Assistant, but when I see movies on Amazon Prime Video the mini media player goes black and does not show the images.

Also, when I use Kodi, images are shown static every 5-10 seconds and not as a video stream, is this normal?

Do you mean the cover images ?
If so theres an update coming but I dont know when. It will hopefully fix the cover image issues.

Unfortunately, I can’t find the Mini Media Player in the HACS repository. Any idea what I do wrong. Should be straight forward.
Go to HACS, go to Integration, click +, then in search “mini” that’s it?

It is not an integration, it is a lovelace card.

So I should find it in frontend? But I did’nt?

found it - soory being an newbie :relaxed:

now I can see it under resources at the lovelace dashboard tab. But how can I get it on tab of my dashboard?

By clicking “add card” (the big plus) when editing the UI.

yes but the mini player is not available on the menu there

It is a custom card, you need to click where it says

Need to add a custom card or just want to manually write the yaml?

type the details in.

I’m an absolute beginner in this yaml stuff, no idea. used all the “wisiwig” thins in HASS up to now.
Second problem my installation is in german so I have always to search the equivanlent…
Am I at least in the right direction