Lovelace: Mini Media Player

Yes this whole thread is about that custom card.

Sonos is a media_player integration. You need to set it up of course. https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/sonos/ and can be used in this card.

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/fully-loaded-media-player-card-picture-elements-project/

Hello everyone. I am using the mini media player with a google nest mini. The issue that i encounter is that the controls are not all visible: previous and next track do not appear on the card. Is this behaviour normal for a nest mini? Thank you in advance for your help.

It will kinda depend on what you are streaming to the device I think. As long as you donā€™t have the controls hidden in the card config they should be there and work.

@sparkydave, You are absolutely right. sorry for not testng before. i was using the database on my nas and i suppose that the player does not see all the tracks. by using a spotify playlist, the button do appear. thank You for the reply.

Off topic - how are you playing music from a NAS in HA?

Thank you for this great app. It works fine in my HA. Quite fine, I have one only issue.
I use a set of squeezebox (SB) that I want to synchronize. I can synchronize every SB by clicking on their own sync button.

Capture

But when I hit the ā€œgroup allā€ button, i get this error message:

Ɖchec d'appel du service (trad: fail to call service) "squeezebox/sync". value should be a string for dictionary value @ data['other_player']

The ā€œungroup allā€ button works fine.

What could be the problem ?

hi guys. i use mini-media-player but iā€™m unable to change icon of the device.

Does anyone has same problem?

I am using a mount commande for a smb share that runs at startup.

Can you share your configuration for this card? Because Iā€™m trying to set up a speaker group for squeezebox myself and I can not even get a single box of them to sync.

I have several Squeezebox Speakers and tried to use the speaker group functionality, which is not working for me. I have used the example configuration.

The error I receive is: Failed to call service squeezebox/sync. required key not provided @ data[ā€˜other_playerā€™]

I can group my speakers when issuing a service call through the Home Assistant GUI.

Here it is:

type: entities
entities:
  - type: 'custom:mini-media-player'
    entity: media_player.squeezebox_madame_ma_femme
    group: true
    source: icon
    info: short
    hide:
      volume: false
      power: false
    entity: media_player.moode
    hide:
      controls: false
    entity: media_player.squeezelite_ordimajik
    hide:
    entity: media_player.squeezelite_x_kender
    hide:

But that is not for the speaker group, right?

Sorry, youā€™re right:

type: 'custom:mini-media-player'
entity: media_player.squeezebox_madame_ma_femme
hide:
  power: true
  icon: true
  source: true
speaker_group:
  platform: squeezebox
  show_group_count: true
  entities:
    - entity_id: media_player.squeezebox_madame_ma_femme
      name: sbox madame ma femme
    - entity_id: media_player.moode
      name: sbox moode
    - entity_id: media_player.squeezelite_ordimajik
      name: sbox ordimajik
    - entity_id: media_player.squeezelite_x_kender
      name: sbox kender

Thank you! Thatā€™s really weird. Your configuration is the same as mine, but yours is working and mine isnā€™t. I can now also connect another box if I use the switch for a single box.

But I also have the same problem that the Ungroup button isnā€™t working for me either.

What version of home assistant are you using? Grouping for squeezebox hasnā€™t always been there.

Also, try clearing the browser cache (ctrl-f5)

EDIT here is mine, not sure it is any different really:

hide:
  icon: true
  info: false
info: short
speaker_group:
  entities:
    - entity_id: media_player.laundry
      name: Study
    - entity_id: media_player.radio
      name: Radio
    - entity_id: media_player.bedroom
      name: Bedroom
    - entity_id: media_player.outside
      name: Outside
  platform: squeezebox
  show_group_count: true
type: 'custom:mini-media-player'

Iā€™m using the latest Home Assistant version. Cache was cleared but that didnā€™t help.

I think your problem is surrounding the mini-media-player with an entities card. Follow my code, or @quart-tempsā€™

Hi @nickrout
Would you have any idea about my problem ? :pray: :pray:

When I hit the ā€œgroup allā€ button, i get this error message:

Ɖchec d'appel du service (trad: fail to call service) "squeezebox/sync". value should be a string for dictionary value @ data['other_player']

There is a bug with the squeezebox implementation. Workaround: tick the boxes one at a time.

1 Like

Ok ! Thank you for your answer ! :+1: