Lovelace: Mini Media Player

I added the entity_id and it works like a charm again! :+1:
Thanks a lot for your support Karl!

1 Like

Ok I see! Thanks for clearing that out.

Another thing, im trying to use the shortcut command to change source. I want to change between different Spotify connect outputs somehow. Is that possible? I dont understand what id to use to change to a specific Spotify connect!?

Also, it would have been great if the ”power” button could be used for this as well! Like if i press the power button it would change to that input source

As long as the sources show up in the Spotify Component (I guess this is what you are using?), the following should work.

shortcuts:
  attribute: source # optional
  buttons:
    - icon: mdi:cat
      type: source
      id: Bedroom Speakers # Make sure this matches the exact name of the source
  buttons:
    - icon: mdi:dog
      type: source
      id: Bathroom Chromecast # Make sure this matches the exact name of the source

You can find the exact source names by navigating to your HA setup at http://[IP]:[PORT]/developer-tools/state, look for your Spotify entity and see the source_list attribute.

This card also has a source select built-in, which should automatically show up if there are sources available.

Thank you! Works perfect
 :slight_smile:

Would it be possible to use the power button as source selector? It would be perfect for use with multiroom speakers
 :slight_smile:

Sk%C3%A4rmklipp

1 Like

Looks good!
Unfortunately not possible, would have to use shortcuts, unless you modify the source code yourself.
Could be made customizable in the future, but not likely.

Ok, but would it be possible to replace the power button with shortcut then? Then the end result would be the same

Not possible, unless you modify the source code.

That worked great thank you, i can am trying to move to the progress time (numbers) above the progress bar

i have tried

.mmp-progress {
padding-bottom: 50px !important;
}

but that doesn’t seem to work,

here’s how its looking so far.
(so far so good)

2019-09-24%2021_37_18-Home%20Assistant

i welcome any upgrades to the progress bar, I spent hours trying make my own “Kodi slider” using input number slider and MQTT, and all i achieved was making Kodi get stuck in 1 second loop

This should do the trick

.mmp-progress__duration {
  padding-bottom: 50px;
}

And yeah, might have to add !important if that doesn’t stick.

What kind of upgrades are you looking for?

Ideally, this is the seek bar from yatse (a Kodi android remote) I am trying to get as close to this as possible

I use volume_stateless on a couple of cards. Is it possible to define a step value for the + and - buttons? Essentially, define how much one click increases or decreases the volume?

Alright, so what’s missing is the ability to drag on the bar to fine adjust the seek position.

I’ve implemented that now, will be included in the next release.

Not possible unfortunately, the card utilize the volume_up & volume_down media_player services and they don’t have an option for step size, I guess the main reason being there’s no standardized step size in HA & media players & components handle & compute volume differently.

That looks amazing :slight_smile: do you have a donations page?

Tried the below, but the times don’t move (mmp-progress__duration) the other CSS is working.

style: |
  ha-card {
  --paper-progress-height: 60px !important;
      }
  .mmp-player {
  padding-bottom: 100px !important;
      }
  .mmp-progress {
      padding: 100px !important;
      }
  .mmp-progress__duration {
  padding-bottom: 50px !important;
      }

When using the default theme, the icons set in the card are not anymore shown. What to do to make them visible with the default theme?

Thanks!
Sure, you can press the sponsor button at the top over at github.

Just double checked the style and yes, you’re right, that won’t work, the progress-bar is in something called the shadow DOM, which basically means card-mod can’t manipulate it.

I’ll instead implement a theme variable for the progress-bar height, similar to --paper-progress-height but which will handle and adjust all of the styles necessary (extra card height, time marker position etc).

Hey, I haven’t noticed this, checked in Chrome and Safari (MacOS), I’m still on HA 0.98.0 though.

What browser/operating system & HA version are you having the issue in?

I am running 0.99.3 version of HA and using Chrome on android and MacOs devices. In all the browsers the icons disappear

I noticed this happens only for the mdi:cast, mdi:google-home and mdi:google icons
 the others (mdi:speaker-wireless, mdi:spotify) are regularly shown

This is one of my cards:

- entity: media_player.googlehome5670
              type: custom:mini-media-player
              group: true
              icon: mdi:google-home
              artwork: full-cover
              max_volume: 60
              icon_state: true
              tts:
                platform: google_translate
                language: 'it'
                entity_id: media_player.googlehome5670
              hide:
                power_state: false
                power: false
                mute: false
                volume: false
                progress: true
                source: true
              idle_view:
                when_idle: true
                when_paused: true

More, i added this in my default theme:

mini-media-player-accent-color: var(--primary-text-color)
  mini-media-player-overlay-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, .75)
  mini-media-player-artwork-opacity: .25

Maybe is this the cause?

Awesome, amazing Dev! Will that be in the next release?

Thanks, yes it will, could probably do a new release tomorrow.

I upgraded to HA 0.99.3 and tried with your theme and card config and still can’t reproduce the issue.

Make sure you have the latest version of the card.
And a tip If you want to debug this further, try to eliminate any potential outside factors; place the card in the root of the view, use the default-default theme, omit any non-required card options etc.

It’s very strange
 to the default theme i added only the three lines i posted, i am running the 1.3.1 release of the media player.