Lovelace: Mini Media Player

And make sure you have restarted after adding the config/www directory.

yes im sure its there
i dunno what im doing wrong
the image is just there

Also, it will change once its actually playing something right?

Yes it will change to the media artwork, if enabled (artwork option) and there’s artwork present.

The background feature is pretty old but just to make sure, have you updated the card in the last year or so?

yes im on 1.8.1
so latest one
i dont get it, cause as you can see on the picture, theres another file “kim.jpg” which works fine to show in other card

Make sure the postfix (filetype) is correct.
.JPG, .JPEG, .jpeg is not the same as .jpg

i changed it to png to be sure and now its indeed showing
thx
edit: other question: its set as artwork: full-cover
but its narrowed down
Why doesnt it show its full cover? Or is that only for when its playing something?

Yes, it’s for the media artwork.

I have Alexa echo dot integrated using “Alexa Media Player” custom component in HACS, and using custom:mini-media-player for UI. When try to send a text, it replies “sorry text to speech can only be called with notify.alexa_media service”.

UI config is below, is anything missing?

entity: media_player.xxx
tts:
  entity: media_player.xxx
  platform: alexa
type: 'custom:mini-media-player'

Strange, that’s the service the card should call when platform is set to alexa.

Change was made > 1 year ago, so make sure you’ve updated the card since then.
See conversation here: https://github.com/kalkih/mini-media-player/issues/96

1 Like

I am on latest version 1.8.1.

In fact it was working fine a few days ago. But stops after I updated to latest HA, HACS, Alexa Media Player and Mini Media Player.

Okay, nothing has really changed in regards to this in mini-media-player during the past year, perhaps a bug in the component? does it work if you call the service manually?

volume_level: 0.2
is_volume_muted: false
media_content_id: 'http://radionz-ice.streamguys.com/national.mp3'
media_content_type: music
media_position: 109
media_position_updated_at: '2020-05-24T20:01:54.046084+00:00'
media_title: Public Radio
media_artist: RNZ National 101.7
shuffle: none
query_result: {}
sync_group:
  - media_player.radio
  - media_player.kitchen
  - media_player.outside
  - media_player.bedroom
friendly_name: Kitchen
entity_picture: >-
  /api/media_player_proxy/media_player.kitchen?token=c76b0afbef4b2923db161471fc10b59c1a29bd64e5bca5930ea56270385c001b&cache=49e492e9830bf852
supported_features: 58303

If there is a better place to have this conversation, let me know.

Thanks, sure

Should be pretty much done, just crossing my fingers it works as expected in real life as well :wink:
Can probably do a release tomorrow.

Was there a change to the play/pause function? Doesnt work anymore! Cant Pause or Play anything with this function :confused:
Media Stop or Media Play works!

No, nothing has changed in that area, does it work with the default media card? Could be the backend component that is broken.

First of all, love this card. Been using it for the past 4 months!
Sadly this morning I saw that all the buttons disappeared. I believe they disappeared because I updated to HA 0.110.2. I’ve tried updating the card to 1.9.0, sadly didn’t work.

How do I fix this?

Hello, glad you like it!

The missing icon issue has been fixed in version 1.9.0 (actually 1.8.1).
Your browser has most likely still the old version cached, try pressing the three dot menu and then reload resources in the Home Assistant header.
If that doesn’t help try clearing cache.
Lastly, make sure you’re resource reference is correct (matching the one specified by HACS, if installed through HACS).

2 Likes

Hello
I use plex tolisten music on my sonos speakers. Is it possible to see the current playlist with the media player card so I can see what comes next ?
Thanks

This worked! Thank you for your fast response.