Lovelace: Mini Media Player

This card is working great, and I use it with my Sonos for grouping, etc. I have added favorites from Spotify, and that works great, however every time the wife selects the playlist it starts at the beginning of the playlist. Is there anyway to create a button and have it call the spotify play list with a shuffle command?

You could unhide the shuffle control - then itā€™d be 2 clicks to start the playlist and then shuffle it. I am not sure if it can be done in one button.

One button? A script would do it. Or, a sensor/automation on state to ā€œplayingā€.

Also, the shuffle setting is sticky; set and forget.

Sure, I havenā€™t played with the scripts that much.

Sticky shuffle is evil. Imagine listening to Sgt Pepper or the White Album out of order!

Well then, that is what conditions are for :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi there! Iā€™ve been trying to get the Mini Media Player into my system, and I followed the installation instructions via HACS. I added:

# Mini Media
resources:
  - url: /local/mini-media-player-bundle.js?v=1.9.1
    type: module

into my configuration.yaml, and when I do a vality check I get this:

Component error: resources - Integration 'resources' not found.

Any help to a beginner in HA? :slight_smile:

@Dan-Dan

Can you share your config? The ā€œresourcesā€ is now required in your configuration.yaml as it caused an error for me in my lovelace-ui.yaml file. Also make sure you donā€™t have more than one of these lines as that could cause the error too.

Check that the resources entry is under lovelace: so that it looks like this:

lovelace:
  resources:
    - url: /hacsfiles/mini-media-player/mini-media-player-bundle.js
      type: module

also if itā€™s a standard install using HACS the URL should be /hacsfiles/mini-media-player/mini-media-player-bundle.js

With the old HACS version this was written at the end of the installation guide automatically. Now it seems it can not be found anywhere. :frowning:

This solved it for me! Should definately be written in the readme!

What would the button code look like for that?

As @Dansker said use a acript button. Your script will play the playlist then set shuffle https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/media_player/#service-media_playershuffle_set

@kalkih, I just found this and itā€™s AWESOME! Nice job with this, easy to configure, fully featured, and aesthetically pleasing.

2 Likes

Hi, I use this for TVs now. Samsung and Fire TV sticks and itā€™s great. I discovered by accident that the cover artwork from Fire TV sticks is whatā€™s on the screen which is nice. Sadly, there is some issue that causes it to disappear more than it appears. Is there any way to keep the last image until a new one arrives?

I cannot find this option anywhere in Home Assistant. Tried clearing the browser data, but to no avail. The controls are gone on all devices, desktop and mobile. Home Assistant 0.110.7.

hello,
could someone please help Iā€™ve just installed this and Iā€™m having issues with the buttons not showing.

does anyone know what Iā€™m doing wrong

Is the player turned on? Some controls are hidden if not. For the rest I do not see any errors, but Iā€™m not very good at YAML ;-).

Yes the player itā€™s on
they only seem to appear under the default theme.

Using a different theme here but I can see the buttons, sorry Iā€™m not able to help you any further. Hope someone else has got an idea why itā€™s not working in your case.

Is it possible to use the following example below as a button on my Sonos media card? Itā€™s working with radio stations added to Sonos favorites but not Spotify playlists (even when added to favorites).
buttons:
# Start predefined playlist
- icon: mdi:cat
type: playlist
id: spotify:user:spotify:playlist:37i9dQZF1DZ06evO2O09Hg