Lovelace: Mini Media Player

If you’re using Lovelace in GUI mode, try adding the resource from the Home Assistant UI:

1. Make sure, advanced mode is enabled in your user profile (click on your user name to get there)
  2. Navigate to Configuration -> Lovelace Dashboards -> Resources Tab. Hit orange (+) icon
  3. Enter URL /local/mini-graph-card-bundle.js and select type “JavaScript Module”.
  4. Restart Home Assistant.

Or try HACS, which makes installing custom cards a breeze.

Thanks, yeah, it’s currently not possible, I’ll add a hide option for it in the next release.

1 Like

Hey Karl, did you want me to open an issue to track this?

Hi, Karl!
I need to override action for power button based on the state of the device on/off
Because XBox One turn on from remote control and turn off with media_player.turn_off service
Can I do it?

So I installed it using HACS, is it suppose to show up in the list of cards when going to your dashboard and configure ui and adding a new card?

No. There is no GUI for the card. Just use a manual card.

Is there a way to put source select and sound select on a different row? This is what I get with my correct source and zone select? Looks really weird.

Hi, there

I installed this thing via HACS, but whatever I do, I just get:

Custom element doesn't exist: mini-media-player.

type: 'custom:mini-media-player'
entity: media_player.denon_avr_x4500h

from configuration.yaml:

lovelace:
  mode: yaml
  resources:
    - url: /local/community/mini-media-player/mini-media-player-bundle.js
      type: module

And is this card compatible with logitech harmony hub?

Thanks in advance
N

Follow HACS instructions first: https://hacs.xyz/docs/categories/plugins

Has nothing to do with this card itself.

type: 'custom:mini-media-player-bundle'

Most likely

logitech harmony is not a media_player

thanks guys! I was able to figure it out. the only valid path was the full absolute path e.g. /config/www/community/lovelace-slider-entity-row/slider-entity-row.js

none of the other given examples was working.

Best
N

Instead of /config/www/community did you try /hacsfiles?

Ok. I will freely admit I should be able to figure this out, but I am missing something. I can’t figure out how to properly add this card. I know it’s probably a simple mistake in the way I’m trying to enter it. Is there a walkthrough that shows a step-by-step process? For instance, do I add this as an “Entities” card, or “Manual”? Whatever I do, it comes up saying:

Custom element doesn't exist: mini-media-player-bundle.

My apologies for being a little dense, but I’m just not finding it on my own.

It is custom:mini-media-player

Thank you. I knew it had to be something stupid like that!

I’m making some progress now, and was wondering if there is any way to set up a speaker_group of google cast devices? Specifically, I’d like to get the fuctionality of being able to add and remove speakers on the fly from playing audio.

The docs are on github. It says in relation to speaker grouping:

Supported platforms

• sonos
  • soundtouch
  • squeezebox2
  • bluesound2
  • snapcast2
  • yamaha_musiccast1
  • linkplay3

The card doesn’t yet allow for this and in house at least, my Google Homes don’t seem to have received the update from Google to allow it either (apparently it’s been coming for ages now…) I guess once that functionality is out in the wild it may be possible to add it to this card

1 Like

It’ll need to be added to the google home speaker integration first :slight_smile: