Lovelace Onion Omega2+ status Card

Use one of these Lovelace cards for displaying the status of each of your networked Onion Omega2+ (or similar device) on Home Assistant. Install the sensor script on each Omega2+ to be monitored and display each Omega2+ using one of these cards. Using these cards make up your own dashboard for monitoring all of your Onion Omega2s in one place.

GitHub: The card: Lovelace RPi Monitor Card shows the status of a single Onion Omega2+.

While the Raspberry Pi (RPi) card was built originally to monitor RPi’s it is actually a fairly general card. Many types IoT devices could be monitored by the card as this new Onion Omega2+ feed shows.

GitHub: The Script Omega2 Reporter MQTT2HA Daemon gathers specifics about your Omega2+ and sends these to your HA installation.

I’ll make two comments, and please don’t consider the first one a criticism, this is not the forst time I have struck this.

1. I subscribe to “Share Your Projects”. That is why I read your post. However I didn’t know what an Omega2+ is. While it is easily googleable, it would help to have a line about what it is and a link, rather than have to google. (Nice looking board, and now I am educated). Nice work on the cards, script etc too.

2. I am confused about the references to rpi in the above pics and in your githubs. What is the relevance/association with (I presume) the raspberry pi?

1 Like

@nickrout thank you for bringing this up! I added a link to the Onion.io page above and a tiny description of why the RPi card is used for this… The RPi feed, the Omega2+ feed and this lovelace card are all my projects.

Does this help?

Certainly helps. Now to educate the rest of the world to add links to products they discuss…

1 Like

Hello!
THIS IS FIXED! below post more information.

I’m trying to install the MQTT2HA Deamon on my Omega2+ (latest firmware) and I got an error which states it failed building wheel for backports.zoneinfo

Any thoughts on how to be able to continue? I’d really like to see this running.

Also, happy new-year!

Terminal output:

Building wheels for collected packages: backports.zoneinfo
  Building wheel for backports.zoneinfo (pyproject.toml) ... error
  ERROR: Failed building wheel for backports.zoneinfo
Failed to build backports.zoneinfo
ERROR: Could not build wheels for backports.zoneinfo, which is required to install pyproject.toml-based projects

So I found in the official Onion docs that I needed to:

pip install --upgrade setuptools

Which was the only thing needed.
Today was good, got a PIR motion sensor working on an Omega, it reads ambient temperature on there as well now and more sensors to come.

Too bad I have to get up early tomorrow, installation of the deamon is done, bit not the configuration ,
I will update on how things are going, but I’m sure I’ll love this one!

(By the way, any chance for the ability to change some values on the Omega through HA?)

Kind regards