Lovelace - OpenSprinkler with HA and Node-RED

Hy,

the most sections of OpenSprinkler (Link) not working anymore with HA and my coding is realy bad to build some pretty code like this… :smiley:

I have build based on the OpenSprinkler API and Node-RED interface a HA Lovelace frontend

Lovelace UI View:

Node-RED Flow:

You need the following resources for Lovelace UI:

I have use a package for the HA Components, this will need to be added under the packages:
packages: !include_dir_named packages

./packages/opensprinkler.yaml:
opensprinkler.yaml (14.1 KB)

include this into lovelace-ui.yaml
lovelace-ui.yaml (12.4 KB)

Node-Red Flow:
node-red-flow.yaml (48.6 KB) (please rename to node-red-flow.txt)

Sorry all comments and naming are in german, in my case for the WAF

I hope someone can use it …

5 Likes

Looks promising. My irrigation project is starting right now and I have a question: what’s the difference between using OpenSprinkler and a relay board with mqtt support? In this scenario the OpenSprinkler box doesn’t have too much to do, HA and NodeRed are doing the job. It’s degraded into a relay board w/o any onboard “intelligence”. Does it make sense to order it from the US, or it’s good to go with a standard 24V mqtt relay board?

Thats no exactly what it does - I do not create the default programs with it … I think I could do it.
But under the line - you can do this all with a mqtt relay board.

OpenSprinkler was one of my first projects in home automation… at this time I didn’t realize what beautiful options there are with node red or mqtt.

But now I have it and I will use it :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Manzn

Thanks! This has saved me a huge effort and frustration.
I also have an Opensprinkler from before I knew about HA/MQTT/Nodered and was going to throw it out and build an MQTT relay board.

Now it gets to live on happily.

MFG auf Kapstadt

Hi! i liked the Lovelace stuff. is it possible to get the images referenced in Lovelace-ui.yaml conf ?

Although this is almost two years old, I hope to find some help. I do not use Home Assistant but only Node Red (and the Node Red dashboard), and I like your approach for controlling OpenSprinkler. I checked the flow, but due to the fact that I do not use Home Assistant, I am missing some information what goes on in the specific nodes related to Home Assistant. Can you elaborate a bit on what the flow does? Especially the Home Assistant related nodes are of interest to me. For example I am not sure what the nodes “Set Time Hauptfläche” and “current_state: sensor.os_station_2” do as you wire the “Enable or Disable” node two times to the join node: directly and via the two Home Assistant nodes. Thanks for helping!