šŸ’µ Lovelace: Personal Capital Plugin/Card

Ok thanks for the information. I would like to get this working since it would me a great addition to my finance section.

Still having an issue getting this to work. I put in the sensor but it does not seem to be pulling in the data. If you add this through HACS and then add the sensors it should pull the data right? Or is this an integration that has to be done on the integration page?

Loved this card. Did it break for anyone in the most recent HA upgrade? I no longer see it on my dashboard and adding in

- type: 'custom:pc-card'
  title: Worth

Just shows a giant red box when I try to add the card via the ā€œEdit Dashboardā€ UI flow. I have verified the card still exists in my resources section and the personalcapital custom component is in the correct folder. Iā€™m on Home Assistant 2021.2.3 running on a Raspberry Pi

Edit: Here is the log entry

Logger: homeassistant.components.sensor
Source: custom_components/personalcapital/sensor.py:166
Integration: Sensor (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 7:12:34 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 7:12:34 AM

Error while setting up personalcapital platform for sensor

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 198, in _async_setup_platform await asyncio.shield(task) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.8/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 57, in run result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs) File "/config/custom_components/personalcapital/sensor.py", line 129, in setup_platform continue_setup_platform(hass, config, pc, add_devices, discovery_info) File "/config/custom_components/personalcapital/sensor.py", line 145, in continue_setup_platform sensors.append(PersonalCapitalNetWorthSensor(rest_pc, config[CONF_UNIT_OF_MEASUREMENT])) File "/config/custom_components/personalcapital/sensor.py", line 161, in __init__ self.update() File "/config/custom_components/personalcapital/sensor.py", line 166, in update data = self._rest.data.json()['spData'] KeyError: 'spData'

So, for anyone interestedā€¦ this plugin does still function as of this messages timestamp and on HAver-2020.12.1, HAcore- 5.10

Not sure how much help I can be troubleshooting, but I can check specific questions against a known working installā€¦

Ah Iā€™m on 2021.02.9 when it broke. The card simply disappeared. I might try debugging the stack trace and sending a PR to the original owner (who looks like doesnā€™t have time to update it anymore)

Edit: Never mind!! It turns out my Personal Capital account had been locked out. I had to contact support and go through their flow to unlock and now my Personal Capital Card displays perfectly fine in Home Assistant 2021.2.3. I use the UI to add/edit cards and simply have a manual card that is:

type: ā€˜custom:pc-cardā€™
title: PersonalCapital

Can I ask what you did to get locked out? (so I can try to avoid) Up to this point my only issue has been various accounts needing re-authā€™d from time to time.

This custom component and card were working great in my home assistant setup up until about 2 weeks ago when it completely stopped updating. This morning I reinstalled the sensor part (the custom component) manually and still cannot get it working again.

I really enjoy having my financial picture available in home assistant and have even enabled some alerts based on the sensor when key events occur! (I feel like I at least owe a coffee or beer for this work!)

When I look at the Error Log in Home Assistant, I see an some errors as follows:

Logger: homeassistant.components.sensor
Source: custom_components/personalcapital/sensor.py:128
Integration: Sensor (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 7:58:36 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 7:58:36 AM

Error while setting up personalcapital platform for sensor
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 249, in _async_setup_platform
    await asyncio.shield(task)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 52, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "/config/custom_components/personalcapital/sensor.py", line 128, in setup_platform
    pc.login(config.get(CONF_EMAIL), config.get(CONF_PASSWORD))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/personalcapital/personalcapital.py", line 44, in login
    raise Exception()
Exception

Anyone else having similar issues and any idea what may be causing it?

I have the same issue, but no fixā€¦please advise if youā€™ve managed to solve the problemā€¦

thanks

The upstream library needs to be fixed: Integration Stopped Working Nov 16th? Ā· Issue #19 Ā· custom-components/sensor.personalcapital Ā· GitHub

Hey there, I stumbled upon your post about the Personal Capital plugin/card, and шt sounds pretty great. Actually, Iā€™m not in the US, so I wonā€™t be able to use it. But for those who are, it seems like a great way to monitor their finances. Iā€™m new to this forum, and I was browsing around for some helpful tips and tricks. Speaking of which, have you found the best budgeting app for Android yet? Iā€™ve found a new one, but Iā€™d like to know what apps you use, guys. Anyway, thanks for sharing your progress on the plugin and card.