šŸŽ§ Lovelace Podcast Card/Plugin for gPodder

The component seems broken in 0.91.3. I got a custom_updater for a new version and when I restarted HA it wonā€™t load gpodder and I canā€™t restart again as it comes up with a config error. Comment out gpodder and all is well validation wise.

Does this work with the older ā€˜statesā€™ UI also or do you need to use the card for this to be functional?

Itā€™s a lovelace card so it wonā€™t work with states.

@Codec303 the component is what it is. You COULD access the data in a template sensor or use it an automation/script, but seems overly complicated. It was made with the custom LL card in mind.

Ok, thanks. Iā€™ll have to try it with Lovelace first before doing anything else. I mainly use Tileboard as my UI now but this looks like a really handy component. :slight_smile:

Hey Ianā€¦ any way to see older podcasts? Seems to only show last 5.

I have it hardcoded to 5 for now. It was a rush job getting this one out. Will eventually circle back and add more options and features. Just need to find the time :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Iā€™ve installed all like the docs tell, all works fine but I donā€™t see my podcast entries.
Thereā€™s also no error about gpodder that shows up in the logs.
Any idea how I could debug?
This is the config for it in ui-lovelace.yaml :

resources:
  - url: /local/podcast-card.js?v=0
    type: module
  - url: /local/mini-media-player-bundle.js?v=1.1.3
    type: module
views:
  # View tab title.
  - title: Home
    icon: mdi:home-assistant
    cards:
      # The markdown card will render markdown text.
      - type: markdown
        title: Lovelace
        content: >
          Welcome!
      - type: custom:podcast-card
        entity: sensor.gpodder
        name: Podcasts
        default_target: media_player.kodi
        show_player: True
        custom_player: True

and this in configurations.yaml :

gpodder:
  username: !secret gpodder_username
  password: !secret gpodder_password
  sensor:
    - enabled: true
      name: gPodder
      device: homeassistant

under the states icon thereā€™s
[sensor.gpodder] (state) 0
podcasts:
friendly_name: gPodder
icon: mdi:headphones

the used password has special chars in it and is in secrets.yaml with double quotes.

on gpodder.net I can see my podcasts under ā€œPodcast Subscriptionsā€ā€¦

hi;
at gpodder site while you sub a podcast there are devices. i created a hassio device and i sub with that device. it should be the same at your config.

sensor:
    - enabled: true
      name: gPodder
      device: hassio 

I can not trigger my clementine player to play as i click the podcastā€™s link.
:frowning:

When you go to Subscriptions -> Devices -> Your defined device used in HA do you see your subscriptions

e.g.

Itā€™s just a standard media player service call. Any errors in the browser console or your HA logs?

`

http://hassio.local:8123/lovelace/0:0:0 Uncaught all i see at the log

`

Just curious as to why I am getting this error via gPodder? ā€œERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.gpodder] Could not update data - HTTP Error 403: Forbiddenā€

I have two subscriptions added currently and it works fine (HA and one other), but when I try to more subscriptions it will create the above error and subsequently I lose the podcast-card from the front end.

Is this a known error?

The subscriptions I add can be played elsewhere.

Thanks for great addon. It would be awesome to get more than 5 podcasts available, as in gPoderr there are +100 new podcasts in lists. :slight_smile:

Is there an option to add more than one media_player to choose from?

1 Like

Click on the speaker group icon to see a list of more media players to set as a target. Iā€™ll have to look back at the code for the 5 limit. Donā€™t remember if it was the card or component

1 Like

Update this line

With the number of episodes you wish to show

1 Like

Anyone having issues with podcasts with special characters, give this version a try: https://gist.github.com/iantrich/d243d08d48c37d6ed05207ef16cb0bac

Anyone getting this error trying to play their podcasts through a Sonos
"2019-08-23 11:11:26 ERROR (SyncWorker_8) [homeassistant.components.sonos.media_player] Sonos does not support a media type of ā€œaudio/mpegā€

I am running 0.98beta