šŸŽ§ Lovelace Podcast Card/Plugin for gPodder

Ian are you going to fix the ā€˜error inside the event loopā€™ error?

itā€™s not a high priority for me at the moment

Does it need gpodder? Anyone using it without gpodder (no cloud), e.g. 100% local podcast subscription?

More errors with 0.110.2

2020-05-27 10:10:58 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.util.async_] Detected I/O inside the event loop. This is causing stability issues. Please report issue to the custom component author for gpodder doing I/O at custom_components/gpodder/__init__.py, line 107: urls = hass.data[DOMAIN]["client"].get_subscriptions(device)
2020-05-27 10:10:59 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.util.async_] Detected I/O inside the event loop. This is causing stability issues. Please report issue to the custom component author for gpodder doing I/O at custom_components/gpodder/__init__.py, line 107: urls = hass.data[DOMAIN]["client"].get_subscriptions(device)
2020-05-27 10:10:59 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.gpodder] Could not update data - 500
2020-05-27 10:10:59 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] gpodder: Error on device update!
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 322, in _async_add_entity
    await entity.async_device_update(warning=False)
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity.py", line 470, in async_device_update
    await self.async_update()
  File "/config/custom_components/gpodder/sensor.py", line 27, in async_update
    await update_data(self.hass, self._device)
  File "/config/custom_components/gpodder/__init__.py", line 110, in update_data
    hass.data[DOMAIN_DATA] = update_using_feedservice(urls)
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'urls' referenced before assignment
2020-05-27 10:11:01 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.entity_component] Forced update failed. Entity sensor.alarm_triggers not found.

GitHub is the place to report bugs. That being said, I donā€™t anticipate working on this anytime soon. Iā€™ve got a lot on my plate at the moment. Hopefully someone in the community can submit a PR.

I have reported it there.

Understood. Iā€™ll just delete it for now.

Still fairly new to HA and I really like this plugin. Is there a way to configure the plugin so I can choose which source I would like the podcast to play on within the card? I currently have a card for each speaker, but this isnā€™t ideal.

Click on the speaker icon

Nice! Thanksā€¦ the problem was/is the speaker icon isnā€™t displaying, but clicking on the area where the icon should be shows my speaker options.

ah, yeah core changed that icon type to dynamically load. Iā€™ll see if I can do a quick patch tonight.

Fixed in 1.1.0

Version 2.0.0: Breaking Change: Move to UI
With this update, YAML configurations are no longer supported and the integration has moved to being configured via the UI

Hi

What does this mean ? I cant see anything in HA and have upgraded to version 2 in HACS

What do I need to do please ?

Thanks Martyn

As I noted right above, it is a breaking change. Remove the YAML configuration and add it via the UI

Hi

Just guessed afterwards it maybe in Integrations.

Just installed and removed the old yaml and rebooted and still nothing in sensors or names gpodder in developer tools. No entities.

You have to make sure the name is in the same format as the one registered on gpodder.

All working now.

Thanks

Martyn

I also had an issue with getting the entity of sensor.gpodder to work and just wanted to report back what my problem was as it cost me some hours to figure it out. It might help someone else!

you need to use your username, NOT the email address for the credentials in gpodder. Seems obvious, but still!!

My intention is to create an automation that will play a different podcast each morning and hope that your plugin will be helpful with this!!! Thank you!

Where i add the usernameā€™s gpodder?

I just istall gpodder with hacs, then i add the following, with manual card:

type: ā€œcustom:podcast-cardā€
entity: sensor.gpodder
name: Ianā€™s Podcasts
default_target: media_player.office_home
show_player: True
custom_player: True

I have ā€œEntity not available: sensor.gpodderā€

I do not know what to do more, reinstall the gpodder on hacs?

Hi

How did you get the source to be 2 echos or dots ?

Cant fathom how.

Thanks

Martyn

Hi

I have everything set up. I have the gpodder account and can see all my subscribed podcasts but how do I play them on any of the echoā€™s or dots I have around the house.

I have alexa media and Mini Media player installed from HACS but something is not quite right ?

I also cant TTS anything either.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Martyn

I am running into the same issue. Did you find a resolution?