📺 Lovelace: Roku Remote Card

If you go to your states tab do you have a remote for the media player? A remote is required.

No only for my Apple TV, not for my TV. Can I create a remote for my TV ?

Is this a Roku TV? If so, it should be created automatically as of 0.86

No its a normal Samsung TV.
Integrated with media_player component.

This card work with the Roku component, hence the name. It should work with anything that has a remote component, but I have not tested that. I believe someone made a more universal one based on my work, I’ll see if I can find it.

1 Like
1 Like

Mhh tried it with tv-card. It still doesnt work, unfortunately. But my Samsung TV doesnt have a remote component so i think this is the problem. Thanks for your help ^^

Im using this card, Im trying to remove some of the buttons that appear. Ive tried going into tv-card.js and deleting the things that seem like the buttons I want to remove, but nothing happens. Any suggestions I could try?

All of the buttons are optional, can’t you just leave the ones you don’t need out of the config?

This is a fantastic remote and works better (and faster) than the ios app roku provides! Is there a way to have the power button toggle so that it displays color when the tv is on? My js is not great :smiley:

Thanks again for a great card!

Not until the python package supports it.

@iantrich I love this card and use it on my two Roku devices all the time. The one thing its missing is the keyboard. Every time I need to search and type I end up switching back over to the IOS Roku app. Any chance you feel like building out a keyboard as part of it?

Possibly, the integration says it supports “literal”, which I’m assuming corresponds to the API’s “Lit_” calls: https://developer.roku.com/docs/developer-program/discovery/external-control-api.md#keypress-key-values

But I didn’t think you could provide supplemental information, like the key input, in the remote commands within HA? And looking at the source of the Roku remote integration I do see how that would work:
https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/blob/99c6c60beca47a5c506d99e25aa2bf9e841c2d87/homeassistant/components/roku/remote.py#L58
https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/blob/99c6c60beca47a5c506d99e25aa2bf9e841c2d87/homeassistant/components/remote/services.yaml#L27

I sent a message to the dev who made added the Roku remote integration and we’ll see if he has any ideas as I find myself doing the same thing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @iantrich did you have any luck with the keyboard?

Haven’t revisited it yet. Working on a rewrite of the whole card at the moment

So all my rooms are in separate tabs, whenever I open the tab for the room with the roku remote card, the input re-sends to the device. So when Im watching Netflix and then go to the tab, the roku remote will send the input and I get sent back to the netflix home page.

Has anyone had this issue?

Known issue since 0.97.

Release 0.1.0

• Check for source_list to avoid crash

So what do I do with this exactly? Not really sure. Thanks for pulling this up though.

I’m not sure what you mean?