đŸ“ș Lovelace: Roku Remote Card

Thanks for confirming
 thought so, but with so much reading diff threads, I was starting to get confused.
Cheers
jwb

Stackable cards are just for manipulating how you want to display your data on the frontend. There are many different card types, but often you want a bit of a Frankenstein card, with attributes from different card types. This is where stackable cards come in. You aren’t exactly creating a combination of two cards, but you can at least mimic it a bit by adding two or more cards together in a way that looks like a single card. Hopefully that makes sense. :grinning:

Enjoy your journey into HA!

Yes, very much indeed. Thanks!
I’m having a fun time learning it all. Wife, not so much impressed yet, but will be
 :slight_smile:

So I just got this installed and am having a few issues. One I cant seem to find where to put the icons for netflix and hulu but that is not my big issue. The biggest issue I am having is that the volume up does not work. All other buttons on the card work as expected just not volume up. Anyone else have this issue and do you know how to resolve?

Edit: Fixed the volume up. Copied code had tap_action for volume up and volume down had double_tap_action. Change it to double_tap_action on volume up and it works without issue.

Still need to find out where to put the images for netflix and hulu

Edit 2: Fixed the images for netflix and hulu. Everything works as expected.

Is this still in HACS?

Yep, click the + to add and search for Roku Card

Got it; Thank you

I love this card and is using it on most of my clients. However, on my Fire HD8 usinf Fully Kiosk browser, it doesn’t load. Apparently the problem is HD8 old WebView or such and by specifying resource as type “js” instead of “module” is the solution:

resources:
  - url: /local/roku-card.js
    type: js

But apparently there is no way to do this (specify type: js) using the Lovelace configuration panel (in old time, you could edit ui-lovelace.html, but that doesn’t seem to be an option. Has anyone else run into this? Any workarounds? Thanks

I saw this question asked a while back, but then the conversation shifted and I never saw a clear answer. Is it possible to add an HDMI input in the app section?

Just wanted to post my updated card config in case it would help someone else out there. I was having a real problem getting the “Volume up” and “Volume Down” to work without a horrible 6-second delay.

Currently, I have button cmd triggering from my Logitech Harmony Hub integration. This gives me the flexibility to trigger an event like “Watch TV” on any device such as Physical Harmoney remote, Ha card via my phone or computer, or through google assistant. Then seamlessly pick up any of those devices at any time to further interact.

Down the road, I would like to figure out how to add to this. As some times I need to do things like trigger my Sony Tvs option menu and be able to interact with its settings. But currently, this is a SOLID setup. I will also post later my standard config using just the Roku as I had found flaws in the code that is posted for the repository.

HA Web

HA ios

- type: 'custom:roku-card'
    entity: media_player.roku_ultra
    tv: true
    style: |
      ha-card {
        text-align: center;
        background-color: transparent !important;
        }
    apps:
      - image: /local/Plex.webp
        app: Plex - Stream for Free
        tap_action:
          action: call-service
          haptic: success
          service: remote.turn_on
          service_data:
            entity_id: remote.g03harmonyhub01
            activity: watch plex
      - image: /local/netflix.webp
        app: Netflix
        tap_action:
          service_data:
            activity: watch netflix
      - image: /local/apple_tv.webp
        app: Apple TV
      - image: /local/disney_plus.webp
        app: Disney Plus
        tap_action:
          service_data:
            activity: Watch Disney Plus
    power:
      tap_action:
        service: remote.turn_off
        service_data:
          activity: poweroff
    volume_down:
      tap_action:
        service: remote.send_command
        service_data:
          command: volumedown
          device: 41062186
    volume_up:
      tap_action:
        service_data:
          command: volumeup
    volume_mute:
      tap_action:
        service_data:
          command: mute
  - type: horizontal-stack
    cards:
      - type: 'custom:button-card'
        tap_action:
          action: navigate
          navigation_path: /lovelace/g3-home
        hold_action:
          action: none
        show_name: true
        name: Return to G3-Home
        show_icon: false
        style: |
          ha-card {
            background-color: transparent !important;
            box-shadow: none !important;
            font-size: 12px !important;
             }
            }
type: vertical-stack

hi, can I use this with other media_player devices? Does anyone know similar integration for Nvidia shield?

So I only had a VERY QUICK Look but Looks like you can integrate Nvidia Shield with HA. See below. Once you have done this you can change yup the calls to meet the shield I believe.

My images aren’t loading,

type: 'custom:roku-card'
entity: media_player.65_tcl_roku_tv
tv: true
apps:
  - image: /local/Netflix.webp
    app: Netflix
  - image: /local/Hulu.webp
    app: Hulu
    hold_action:
      service: media_player.select_source
      service_data:
        source: ESPN
        entity_id: media_player.65_tcl_roku_tv
volume_up:
  double_tap_action:
    service_data:
      entity_id: remote.65_tcl_roku_tv
      command: play
volume_down:
  double_tap_action:
    service_data:
      entity_id: remote.65_tcl_roku_tv
      command: play

Relatively new to HA, I don’t see the images in those folders, how can I add them? Or could anyone help tell me what i’m doing wrong?

Finally navigated though this post and see we have to source them ourselves, any recommendations on sites to get images for HA?

Thank you!
Joe

1 Like

The images don’t seem to load.

Your best bet is to find your own images and link them, or use icons. For example change

• image: /local/Netflix.webp to something like this

“- icon: mdi:netflix”

Hi All,

Beginner question: I can’t seem to find the roku-card.js or roku-card-editor.js files to download from GitHub; Am I missing something critical?

Thank you

It can be found in the releases. Recommend looking into HACS though for custom cards

Thanks so much for the quick reply!

It looks like you have four buttons at the top of your card that selects between four TV’s. How do you manage that in your config?

how do i get this card to work in ha os 6.1? it wont install. and the stock roku card or media card has no left, right, up or down buttons.

Awesome integration! I just set up two remotes, and used conditional access cards for each TV. When I turn my bedroom TV on, the bedroom remote displays and when I turn on the Living Room TV, the living room remote pops up.

Here’s how I set it up: https://smarthomepursuits.com/control-roku-tv-from-home-assistant/

One question - can the card be resized a little smaller?

1 Like