šŸ“ŗ Lovelace: Roku Remote Card

EDIT: Nevermind, loading in a different browser seems to work properly.

New to HA, HACS, etc. and am having trouble getting the card to load. I am getting the Custom element doesn't exist: roku-card. error. I installed the card through HACS and checked to be sure that an entry was added to Config > Lovelace > Resources. Not sure what I am doing wrong here.

After a good amount of trial and error, I was able to get my custom buttons working. However for YouTube and YouTube TV instead of being brought to the home screen, the app launches and I get an error screen. When I click the back arrow I am returned to the home screen correctly. My Netflix button works perfectly. Iā€™m pasting my code below. Any help would be appreciated.

name: Living Room Remote
type: custom:roku-card
entity: remote.roku_ultra_living_room
tv: true
apps:
  - icon: mdi:youtube-tv
    app: YouTube TV
    tap_action:
      action: call-service
      service: media_player.select_source
      service_data:
        source: YouTube TV
        entity_id: media_player.roku_ultra_living_room
  - icon: mdi:netflix
    app: Netflix
    tap_action:
      service_data:
        source: Netflix
  - icon: mdi:youtube
    app: YouTube
    tap_action:
      service_data:
        source: YouTube

2 Likes

Got this working alright. How can I completely remove the power button in the top right? Iā€™m using a different power button elsewhere on the grid card.

Also I donā€™t have a source list like in the image. Did that ever come back?

This had been working really well for a long time, but I just noticed that it somehow broke recently. The only thing I had been doing is update HASS a few times, unfortunately I donā€™t know when exactly it broke. Somehow I am missing all the button icons, except the Netflix/Hulu buttons. I tried updating the roku-card.js to the latest but that didnā€™t help, either. Does anyone have any idea what might be going on, or how to fix it?

This is my card (nothing fancy):

entity: media_player.living_room
apps:
  - image: /local/netflix.png
    app: Netflix
  - image: /local/hulu.png
    app: Hulu
    hold_action:
      service_data:
        source: ESPN
        entity_id: media_player.living_room

Facing the exact issue if I upgrade to 1.2.3 or 1.2.4.
I just reverted back to 1.2.2 and it works fine.

are you using an older version of ha?

Iā€™m on 2021.11.5

Just updated to 2021.12.5 but the problem persists.

Iā€™m on 12.5 and mine still works. Maybe try copying the card yaml to notepad temporarily, then delete/re-add the integration?

Iā€™m curious, are you missing the buttons from the Home Assistant Companion App, from a browser, or both?

I was about to install this for my Roku TV, but stumbled across your post. Iā€™m having a similar issue with a custom weather radar card thatā€™s only having issues in the app. Wondering if this could be related to the recent app updates.

I have never used the app, I have this problem both in Firefox as well as on Chrome on my Android phone.

1 Like

Looks like the issue magically fixed itself with 2021.12.8

1 Like

I have the same issue with 1.2.3 or 1.2.4. Iā€™m running 2021.10.7 because I also have missing buttons with the mini-media card, but running an older version of HA fixes that. Could they be related? What did HA change that is causing buttons not to show in the front end and why is it not obvious on how to correct it? I have this issue on iPhone Companion app, chrome desktop PC, and Safari on Mac.

Forgive me if I am asking a question that is already answered. Did not see anything, and I know this thread is a bit dated. Everything works, added my own roku apps and such, tv wont turn on. Turn off, volume, navigation ,everything else works. Just no power on.

Check the System settings of your TV. Depending on the TV (mine is a TCL Roku TV), there is a ā€œfast TV startā€ and CEC option.

That was all that it took. I had thought I had already enabled that before.

Thanks a lot.

Has anyone had any luck with the ā€œliteralā€ command?

Would you be able to give an idea as to why my volume up button doesnā€™t work with this card? Volume down and mute both work fine in fact every button works fine on all six of my Roku televisions. But volume up doesnā€™t work for any of them and all I did was copy and paste I didnā€™t modify the code at all

Im really new to this and having a really hard time adding this card.

I have HACS installed (and have added other items with it). I added the roku remote card and see it in the frontend section of HACS but its not an option when I try to add a card to the dashboard. Iā€™ve restarted several times.

Is there something I need to do to make it available as a card in lovelace?

also Im just not sure where this goesā€¦where precisely does this need to be entered? Many people reference it but no-one has said where exactly it needs to goā€¦

resources:
  - url: /local/roku-card.js?v=0
    type: module

sorry for the dumb question, the learning curve on this is pretty severe.

alright so I added a manual card to the dashboard since this one doesnt appear as an option, then added this code to the card configuration.

entity: media_player.roku_4e654f137057

now I see the remote control. Is this how everyones been doing this?

I still done understand where this is supposed to goā€¦

- url: /local/roku-card.js?v=0
    type: module

I dont have it working yet but at least I can see the thing on my dashboard.