I need a bit of Newbie help with this please:
- Using HA v2021.4.0
- Installed feedparser custom component v0.1.5 via HACS
- Installed list-card as a custom repo via HACS
- Added the sample code to my configuration.yaml and restarted HA okay
- Checked in Developer > States > sensor.engineering_feed and it’s full of RSS articles each with fields title, link and image
- I go to one of my Dashboards and add a Custom Card. In the code editor, I paste in the sample code, and I ‘simplified’ it for testing to be:
type: 'custom:list-card' entity: sensor.engineering_feed title: Engineering columns: - title: Title field: title
I saved the Custom Card and all I get on my Dashboard is a Custom Card that has title ‘Engineering’ and column title ‘Title’ and absolutely no articles listed. Why are they not being pulled from the sensor? What am I missing?
I haven’t messed around with uilovelace.yaml or sensor.py or any other bits of code - I assume I don’t have to do that if I’ve used HACS to install the two components and used the Custom Card code editor?
Apologies in advance for asking a dumb Newbie question.