Lovelace: Simple thermostat card

very nice - would you be able to share the code?

@DrewXT - Updated for the latest upstream version (0.42.0) on my fork here until I have a chance to do a PR back.

Card config:

type: 'custom:simple-thermostat'
entity: climate.upstairs
decimals: '0'
show_header: true
control:
  _names: false
  _headings: false

Makes it look like:

thermostat-card

2 Likes

Ahh… Stack-in-card and mini-graph-card custom cards.

Is there a way to use this without a climate device? I have a switch that I will be using to control heat (simple, on/off) based upon temperature from other sensors, but no climate device (domain). Is this possible?

Yes :slight_smile:

You can create a generic thermostat, by combining the switch with a temp sensor (different devices).
Below you can see my example that creates a climate entity:

climate:
  - platform: generic_thermostat
    name: Bedroom_Heater
    heater: switch.plug_heater # MY SMART PLUG
    target_sensor: sensor.sensor_quarto   # MY TEMPERATURE SENSOR
    min_temp: 17
    max_temp: 30
    ac_mode: false
    #target_temp: 30
    cold_tolerance: 0.5
    hot_tolerance: 0.5
    min_cycle_duration:
      seconds: 120
    keep_alive:
      minutes: 3
    initial_hvac_mode: "heat"
    away_temp: 26
    precision: 0.1

YAY! Thanks! I’ll give this a try!

Is it possible to remove the default temperature sensor from the card?

Finally got my card looking the way I want, however, I’d really love to make the mode buttons smaller. Optimistically tried using “style” in the control section but it didn’t work. I’d basically just like the buttons to be half the width they are now now.

I also cannot get the active mode button color to change. The inactive button color works just fine so I don’t know what I’m doing wrong.

- type: 'custom:simple-thermostat'
    style: |
      ha-card {
      --st-font-size-xl: 40px;
      --st-font-size-m: 20px;
      --st-font-size-sensors: 16px;
      --st-spacing: 1px;
      --st-mode-background: CadetBlue;
      --st-mode-active-background: SpringGreen;
      background: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.1);
      border-radius: 5px;
      }
    entity: climate.hallway
    sensors:
      - entity: sensor.int_temperature_for_climate_card
        name: Current Interior Temp
      - entity: sensor.ext_temperature_for_climate_card
        name: Ext. Temp
      - entity: sensor.hallway_humidity
        name: Humidity
    show_header: false
    unit: '  °F'
    name: ' '
    decimals: '0'
    step_layout: column
    hide:
      state: true
      temperature: true
    control:
      hvac:
        heat_cool:
          include: false
          width: 50%
        fan_only:
      _headings: false

Hi,
since March updates of home assistant the status of my window sensors displays as on/off instead of open/closed.
When I check the sensor itself the status is displayed correctly as opened/closed.
Do I have to add something to display the status correctly according to device class?
Thanks.

Hello

I have some problems with this card and i hope some of you can help me.

this is the configuration, as you can see the styles are there but not show on the card itself.

for the rest it works i can take out he buttons mode, the current temp, title everything but the styles i cant.

Indentation is not right. Add 2 spaces before each line under “ha-card {” till “}”.

Is there a way to get a button for hold mode? For instance my ecobee has a temp hold mode but I can’t cancel it via hassio…

When you change the temp it automatically goes into hold mode so you can activate it via hassio but you can’t cancel it.

In my thermostat i get the air sensor to show as main sensor, but i am using the floor sensor.
The floor sensor comes with its own entity.
How can i change the showing temperature?floor sensor issue

Something like this:

hide:
  temperature: true
sensors:
  - entity: sensor.your_floor_sensor
    name: Temperature
1 Like

Hey everyone using SImple Thermostat and doing a lot of customisation, i have a request for feedback.

I’m close to wrapping up a breaking 2.0 release. It will very likely mean redoing your configuration, but in my view it streamlines some of the config format while also offering some new capabilities and bug fixes.

I would love feedback on the config format changes, and if you see further use cases I should keep in mind for setpoints control, layout control, service control etc. I try to introduce all breaking changes to config at once, so it should be logical enough to survive adding more features on top without having to add breaking changes later.
One goal is to limit the number of top level config options and rather do deeper nesting in order to group related config options. Anyways, here’s the link, feel free to comment on GH or here.

3 Likes

Hi.

HASS is not Cisco to be “set and forgt” :slight_smile:
It always requires some baby sitting to catch and handle all the comming breaking changes and depracations.

So I do not see a big deal if a custom component does the same thing from time to time. If it is well announced no issue.

The suggested changes sound logical and have potential to make the config better structured.

Hold on and continue in your great work :+1:

2 Likes

Hello, how can I delete this title in version 2.0.0? I am not able to get it.
Thanks in advance
github

layout:
  mode:
    headings: false

should do it

4 Likes

Thank you very much, I was far from getting it myself, just to make sure … it is not reflected in the documentation, is it?
or at least I have not found it.
again thank you very much for your work and support

Thought I would share how I am using the Simple Thermostat card for controlling electric radiators.

This is being used in conjuction with the Qubino Wire Pilot module in HACS:

There is no setpoint required on the card as this is set on a remote for each radiator.

1 Like