Lovelace: Simple thermostat card

Ok, I know I can hide temperature and add sensor entity instead. But I’m not sure if that will make the thermostat use that value as reference for the AC unit.

What do you mean by “the thermostat”? Which integration do you use to control your AC unit?

Did you see this post: Lovelace: Simple thermostat card - #605 by sergio_pt
You might need to do something similar using this integration instead.

1 Like

That was my conclusion yesterday, that it’s not actually Simple Thermostat thing but my climate entity. So yes, that post will definitely help. Thank you! Have a wonderful day! :sun_with_face:

Did there ever turn out to be any way to rearrange the order of the buttons? The order of mine is pretty random, with auto being right in the middle of low, middle, high, etc…

I searched this thread but i’m not sure all posts are loading at once so i might have missed it sorry.

I am interested in renaming the heat/cool button to “Auto” however I am not understanding the code required.

Use something like this, it’s what I use for my system:

- type: custom:simple-thermostat
            entity: climate.something
            control:
              preset:
                "home":
                  name: Thuis
                  icon: mdi:home-circle
                "asleep":
                  name: Nacht
                  icon: mdi:sleep
                "away":
                  name: Afwezig
                  icon: mdi:clock-alert-outline
                "vacation":
                  name: Vakantie
                  icon: mdi:airplane-takeoff
                "no_frost":
                  name: Anti-Vorst
                  icon: mdi:snowflake-alert

Thank you. It seems as soon as i type control: i lose my buttons all together not matter what i enter afterwards.

After a second look, and you loosing the buttons when typing control:, you might need to use this

control:
   hvac:
      "something":

Because I now think your picture shows the available HVAC-modes instead of the available Preset-modes (as shown in my picture).

And what you’re doing wrong: instead of “Heat/Cool” you need to write the term that is used in the climate integration that you are using. For instance “heat_cool” which is the official HA Core name for this hvac-mode, assuming your integration follows the HA naming. See also: core/const.py at 49a943cc940e45a6db51103f1844f83710a6cb61 · home-assistant/core · GitHub for other approved hvac-mode names.

1 Like

Amazing thank you so much. That documentation clears up the names for me.

This is working for me. Really appreciate that.

control:
      hvac:
        "heat_cool":
          name: Auto
1 Like

Hi Guys,

I have a small question, or maybe I missed the topic, but is it possible to hide or remove the current_temperature status? Because I have a ducted ac and the temp is coming from 1 default wired controller or the unit in flow, and I wan’t to present another sensor with the temp per room!

regards,

Jurgen

Hello,

Noob question here, but I have problems getting this to work. (its my first custom UI element so I might be screwing something basic up.)

I have installed the custom thermostat thru HACS

I have added this to my configuration.yaml

lovelace:
  mode : yaml
  resources:
  - url: /hacsfiles/simple-thermostat/simple-thermostat.js
    type: module

I put this in my ui-lovelace.yaml

cards:
      - type: 'custom:simple-thermostat'
        entity: climate.boiler
        step_size: 1
        sensors:
          - entity: sensor.boiler_temperatuur_thermostaat
            name: Boiler temp

I also tried this

- type: 'custom:simple-thermostat'
        entity: climate.boiler

I try to get something very simple working before I start with more difficult stuff,

but I get this red box in my dashboard saying

“Custom element doesn’t exist: simple-thermostat.”

so I gues I am missing something very basic,

any noob/beginner help is appreciated.

if you installed via HACS you should have a card named “CUstom” Simple Thermostat" See my screenshot 3rd row right side…just choose that and it should just work. Maybe re-install the integration for simple thermostat?

I think you’ll need to use something like:

hide:
   temperature: true

Hello,

before I could use custom elements I had to switch my lovelace to Yaml mode, so I cant use the UI interface anymore to add elements ?

my lovelace \ sources is showing the simple-thermostat.js so I think it is installed correctly.

Hans

My card code if it might help ya…no quotes on type btw

type: custom:simple-thermostat
entity: climate.home
layout:
  step: row
  mode:
    icons: false

Hello,

I removed the quotes and even put in your complete configuration, no chanse, keeps saying the custom element doesn’t exist: simple-thermostat.

in the HACS configuration the addon is showing as installed and everything :frowning:

re-install the integration and reboot. will never work if it is not installed correctly to begin with as the error your getting is HA not seeing the add on

I went to do that and now HACS is disabled (ratelimit)

when I check my logs
2021-06-17 15:32:41 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.hacs] HACS is ratelimited, HACS will resume setup when the limit is cleared (16:17:14)

2021-06-17 15:32:41 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.hacs] HACS is disabled - HacsDisabledReason.RATE_LIMIT

I dont know if that is something im doing wrong or that just by chanse to many calls are going to HACS ?

Ill delete the addon and reinstall in an hour when my HACS works again rofl :slight_smile: ill let you guys know,

EDIT : found some forum posts and info that this might be normal,
so gues ill let this run for a while, see if it magicaly works, and than remove and reinstall the custom addon and than ill be back :slight_smile:
https://hacs.xyz/docs/faq/initial_startup/

Just to let everyone know that I am indeed an idiote :slight_smile:
I simply started everything up again today and the simple thermostat card is now showing up,
so indeed it was just HACS that was still working everything out,

My fault for not reading the instructions in very much detail, but to my defence, they should make it a bit more obvious that it can take A FEW HOURS before HACS actualy start working (because it wants to load ALL possible integrations from github and there is a lock on calls / hour , even if you only want to use ONE integration)

HACS currently is actualy still working updating everything but the simple thermostat already works :slight_smile:
thanks again all,

Hans

Hi

I have the Simple Card working to control a Mitsubishi HVAC via CoolMaster. I have KNX based wall switches in all rooms to control individual units. I want to use the switches as an alternative to HA to turn HVAC units on/off and ideally adjust the set point.
Not sure how to do it. I assume that I need create a sensor for the on/off based on the KNX entity and then call that sensor from the Simple Thermostat Card. I don’t know what YAML commands to use call the sensor and have it turn the HVAC off. I also don’t know how to have the LED switch on the wall switch on/off if I use HA to turn the HVAC on/off. Any suggestions.