Lovelace: Simple thermostat card

Love the card, much nicer than the default gauge type card.

Quick question. I’m using the card for my Sensibo controller for my AC. At the moment, the card automatically uses the temperature reading from the Sensibo. I’d like to use a different sensor for the temperature that is displayed by the card (the sensor is placed in a better location than the Senisbo unit). Is this possible? I know I can do it with additional readings such as humidity, but how do I in effect, override the temperature?

My current card:

sensors:
  - entity: sensor.0x00158d000210a82f_humidity
    name: Humidity
type: 'custom:simple-thermostat'
entity: climate.living_room
modes:
  'off':
    icon: false
    name: Make it cold
  'on':
    icon: 'mdi:whitewalker'
    name: false
  cool: true
  heat:
    include: true
step_size: 1

If i just add:

- entity: sensor.0x00158d000210a82f_temperature
    name: Temperature

Then I have two temperature displayed on the card.

You can hide the default temperature with the hide config:

hide:
  temperature: true

Sensors are rendered after the built-in values so the order will differ compared to using the built in temperature, but you’ll have to survive that :slight_smile:

1 Like

I too am interested in finding the answer to this, mine displays the same (Ecobee) edit my card code below

modes:
  auto:
    include: false
  auxHeatOnly:
    include: false
name: false
sensors:
  - entity: sensor.temperature_158d000171f3b2
    name: 1st floor
  - entity: sensor.temperature_158d0001a366d4
    name: 2nd floor
  - entity: sensor.dark_sky_apparent_temperature
    name: Outside
step_size: 1
type: 'custom:simple-thermostat'

Hi, I must be doing something wrong. I changed the V=1, emptied the cache, restarted HA, restarted the iMac but nothing changed.

I also don’t see the simple-thermostat as part of the updater. Here are parts of lovelace and a copy of the updater card:

resources:

• url: /github/custom-cards/tracker-card.js?track=true
    type: module
  • url: /local/card-modder.js?v=222
    type: js
  • url: /local/card-tools.js?track=true
  • url: /local/color-picker.js?v333
  • url: /local/gauge-card.js?v=444
  • url: /local/mini-media-player-bundle.js?v=555
  • url: /local/simple-thermostat.js?v=777
  • url: /local/tracker-card.js?v=888

My thermostats (11 of them) are Heatmiserneo’s maybe that’s the problem with the simple thermostat??

I think you’ve done everything possible (new file, clear cache, change version number, restart HA). Not sure what else to check.

Are you using ui-lovelace.yaml or the graphical editor (or the raw editor) to configure the thermostat card?

ui-lovelace.yaml

Me too … which only makes this all the more mysterious because I’m seeing the new version of the card.

Do you normally access your Home Assistant server by its host name or by its IP address? Assuming the host name is haserver and its IP address is 192.168.100 do you use this:

http://haserver:8123

or this:

http://192.168.1.100:8123

Whichever one you normally use, try using the other one. This ensures the browser treats it like a new host. If you still see the old version of the card … I’m out of ideas! :frowning:

I also have never had Simple Thermostat show up in the Custom Updater Tracker Card. Tried everything you have and nothing seems to work.

Very peculiar. Have you tried installing it using recommended method for custom_updater:

resources:
  - url: /customcards/github/nervetattoo/simple-thermostat.js?track=true

This should most definitively work and bypass any local downloading in the first place. Please try and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks that worked and it now shows in the updater. Not by restarting HA but using services: custom_updater.update_all.

Still no buttons though!

I have

resources: 
  - url: /local/custom-lovelace/resources/simple-thermostat/simple-thermostat.js?track=true

in my ui-lovelace.yaml and I did as suggested above by @Trouble-51 by using the service instead of just clicking the button on the card, but as you can see below, still no love for your card in Custom Updater. :sob:

I have been unable to get this to work at all. I updated to ,90 today. I see this in the logs

local/custom-lovelace/simple-thermostat/simple-thermostat.js?v=1.3:16:91 Uncaught SyntaxError: Invalid regular expression: missing /

Nevermind, reading the instructions helped. Only custom lovelace I’ve ran into (so far) that required a download vs raw copy. But, download worked. :slight_smile:
Thanks for the work

I use the second one. Tried the other option but same result. :woozy_face:

Also seeing the same issue on 0.90 with the latest component.

In heat/cool mode it works fine. But in heat only or cool only it seems the problem occurs.

Looking at the javascript console I see:

code: "unknown_error"
message: "expected float for dictionary value @ data['target_temp_high']"
__proto__: Object

It also appears that the target_temp_high and _low do not get populated except in heat/cool mode.

Just to say that with the new climate Netatmo component in 0.90.x it’s working like a charm also with all the modes!!!

Thanks for this card!

Did you ever figure this out? Also do you have an ecobee? I have the same issue, and I have an ecobee.

I did a quick test, and if I set it to auto, I get two temps to adjust, but like you, I dont want to set to auto. I think it’s a bug, that if the thermostat has an auto option, it expects to be set to auto

1 Like

One thing strange related to Netatmo climate component and not to this card (I think) is this

Now the state can have this values:

auto,manual,eco,cool,heat,off

heat never appears as state!

Meaning that when, for example, is in auto mode and it’s idle it can be ok to have auto as state, but when it’s auto and it’s also heating, I would expect to have heat as value.

Instead, the attributes that says if the boiler is heating or not is the boiler_status (false or true)

And in this case, this card can’t do anything to show it…

Just released 0.21 that fixes a bug all of you with thermostats supporting dual mode and single mode based on the thermostats mode. It also includes a few other fixes.

1 Like

It’s working for me now, thanks for the quick fix

1 Like