Lovelace: Simple thermostat card

When I press “check” it disappears, when i press it again it reappears

Same to me.

same happens with me

same here too

No issue here.

Can you verify the card is located in /www/github/nervetattoo ?
Also clean up any other simple-thermostat.js files if you have any in other locations.

Now I’ve removed the other folder under www with the simple-thermostat.js file, cleared the browser cache, but still same issue, clicking on Check the item appear and then disappear.

I have a GC-TBZ48. It creates two entities, one for cooling one for heat, but I really do not care (where I am I never heat).

However, the state of the climate.cooling (what I call the cooling entity) is always “cool” (that is also the attribute “operation_mode”). There is then an attribute “operating_state” which contains various modes such as “Idle”, “Cooling”, etc. Those modes would appear to be what should go into the mode section here, and would result in (or would allow) changes to the icon.

I can show it as an attribute, and that works fine.

Am I correct, as currently implemented there’s no way to use an attribute (or another entity) to be the mode?

Here’s what it looks like now. This is the “slate” theme, and notice it screws up the boxed operating mode. Not exactly the fault of this card, but FYI.

Linwood

simple

Wow, the diversity of climate device implementation details haven’t stopped surprising me :slight_smile: You are right that there is no way to do what you’re asking. It wouldn’t be hard to support but I end up wondering why on earth the component works this way. Does it work as expected for the pop-up dialog?

No, the operation is always showing “auto” or “cool” depending on how it is set, not whether it is actually running. The graph on the other hand works properly – it shows a distinction in idle and operating, s whatever is producing the graph is aware of these attributes.

Hello,

Thanks for this card. Are there any details available of how to build it from the source?

Thanks.

Hello,

Anyone running this card together with the Tado system? Any experience what is functional and what not?

/ Ralf

Hey @nervetattoo,

Loving these cards! I have Sensibo units and these cards work much nicer than the stock HA ones.

One issues with Sensibo (and I’ve seen it mentioned once or twice), is that setting the mode doesn’t also turn the device on.

Rather than modifying your code and have an update break it, I was wondering if there is a way to add a power toggle button of some description, please?

If you already have a way for me to do this that I’ve missed, please let me know :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Is there any way to support two entities for a Honeywell - TH8320ZW1000

My available entities are:

climate.honeywell_th8320zw1000_touchscreen_thermostat_heating_1
climate.honeywell_th8320zw1000_touchscreen_thermostat_cooling_1
climate.honeywell_th8320zw1000_touchscreen_thermostat_dry_air
climate.honeywell_th8320zw1000_touchscreen_thermostat_furnace
climate.honeywell_th8320zw1000_touchscreen_thermostat_temperature

My current config is

entity: climate.honeywell_th8320zw1000_touchscreen_thermostat_heating_1
name: Upstairs Thermostat,
step_size: 1
type: custom:simple-thermostat

Which is working a bit odd as its warming up now so now using cooling - if i adjust the temp it puts it down to 4c. If i change it to im good again until heating kicks in later in the year.

entity: climate.honeywell_th8320zw1000_touchscreen_thermostat_cooling_1
name: Upstairs Thermostat,
step_size: 1
type: custom:simple-thermostat

Not sure if simple thermostat can support multiple entities?

Hey,
I’ve been setting up some tados with this card, you have to configure the modes so they are equal to the tado ones:

modes:
  'Off':
    include: true
    name: 'Off'
    icon: 'mdi:power'
  Manual:
    include: false
  Timer:
    include: false
  Tado mode:
    name: MAN
    icon: 'mdi:hand-pointing-up'
  Smart schedule:
    name: AUTO
    icon: 'mdi:auto-fix'

also make sure that you adjust the step_size option to 0.1 or 1 (tado radiator valves don’t accept decimals)

In my case I only use “Smart schedule” as fully-automatic mode, “Tado mode” for manual mode and “Off” mode when I plant to stay away from for a long time. The other modes are hidden
That’s the result, very compact and nice.

Congratulations to the creator @nervetattoo !

1 Like

Congratulations @nervetattoo,
really a great job, thanks for sharing.
I would like to ask you to have the possibility to display an icon instead of the name in the entity section.
something like this:
sensors:

• entity: sensor.letto_fun_mode
    icon: ‘mdi:fan’

I have a little suggestion for this card - it would be great if we could not only add sensors to the card but other entities in general too. I for example would like to add a timer displaying the remaining time of my boost mode.

You need to have a working Node.js setup locally first.
Clone the repo and run npm install or yarn (depending on what you use) followed by either npm run build or yarn build and you should get a built file in simple-thermostat.js

Does the stock card also turn it on as you set the mode? If so that functionality can probably be ported. I don’t spend much free time on coding now that summer is coming so a PR on Github from someone would really be ace :wink: :wink:

I don’t really understand how two entities would work. Care to elaborate? You can use one of the conditional cards to use different configs for simple-thermostat based on whatever condition you want for choosing the entity, would that suffice?

That should be a simple enough enhancement. I created an issue on Github for me to remember it and I’ll see if I can add it in the next release whenever I spend some time on it again.

1 Like