Lovelace: Simple thermostat card

A sensor is just an entity really. Does the current functionality not work for what you want? Can you show the state and config for a timer you would like to include?

The Problem is that the if I use the timer in my config as “timer.renaining_time” it only displays whether the timer is active or idle, but not the time itself. The remaining time is not saved as an attribut of the timer, I only know that if I display the timer as an entity in a regular card it displays a countdown timer. Using a sensor that displays a time works in theory, but Sensors are only Updated once every Minute and I would like to include a countdown timer that also displays seconds.

So I added support in 0.23 for what I believe you are asking for: The ability to specify both an entity and an attribute in the sensors array.

- entity: timer.test
  attribute: remaining

Now renders the remaining attribute. However, for timers specifically their actual countdown time is not part of the attributes passed to a card. You can see the same if you open the entity popover from dev_states or somewhere else. I will not spend time hunting the source code for how I can deal with timers specifically right now as it almost feels like a bug that there exists a remaining attribute that is not being updated. Perhaps someone else can chime in with whats the deal with timers?

Timers are weird. When I use a normal entities card and display a timer like so

entities:
  - entity: timer.boost_timer
type: entities

The card will actually show me the remaining time of the timer, updating every second. When I add this to your card though, it will display the actual state of the timer (active/idle). The entity card must handle the timer somehow differently (btw, I think the remaining time is calculated on the fly [by calculating with the current time and the remaining time. Only when you pause the timer, remaining time get’s updated]). So yeah, I don’t know what the regular entitiy card does different with the timer entity, but there is works :-/

@foraster: can you post your complete config for a tado thermostate please?

Thanks in advance,
Ralf

Here you go, set include: false to hide the modes that you don’t want.

decimals: 1
entity: climate.atelier
hide:
  state: true
icon:
  'Off': 'mdi:radiator-off'
  Smart schedule: 'mdi:auto-fix'
  Tado mode: 'mdi:hand-pointing-up'
modes:
  Manual:
    include: false
  'Off':
    icon: 'mdi:power'
    include: true
    name: 'Off'
  Smart schedule:
    icon: 'mdi:auto-fix'
    name: AUTO
  Tado mode:
    icon: 'mdi:hand-pointing-up'
    name: MAN
  Timer:
    include: false
sensors:
  - entity: sensor.atelier_humidity
    name: Humidity
  - entity: sensor.atelier_heating
    name: Power
step_size: 1
type: 'custom:simple-thermostat'

Does this card still work with your custom e-thermostaat component?

For me it has been broken for quite a while. When I try to change the temp, it flips back to the former value. I’m on the latest versions of the component and this card.

There is a known issue (not known cause yet) that I’ve yet to dive into. I have some hunches but as I can’t reproduce it and it leaves no error messages its not easy to get fixed. The best would have been for someone who knows JS well enough that has one of the components that fail to try to debug it.
Patience and it will eventually be solved though.

1 Like

@nervetattoo Is it possible to remove the card icon, circled in green? I haven’t been able to do this :blush:
Or alternatively, use entity_picture instead of an icon? (In this case I’d use the Nest logo)

And did anyone find out how to change the colour of the button circled in purple?

It was supposed to work with icon: false, but as you discovered there was no way to do it. I’ve fixed that and cut a release with the fix

1 Like

Great, thanks a lot!

I am still having this problem. I have the latest version of everything and am set up as the documentation states. No duplicate versions of the .js file. Are others still having this issue?

I will remove the instructions about using custom_updater as that component is broken and becoming deprecated. Read its README and move over to HACS (which still has its own problems though). For now, just install it manually :confused:

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. I’d read about HACS earlier but wasn’t sure if it was better to stay with custom updater for a while…I don’t see much chatter on the forum about HACS, so I wasn’t sure if it was really ready for use. I’ll check it out.

Thanks for the simple thermostat card. I really like it and it works great!

I’m not sure how ready HACS is, you can judge by the outstanding issues on Github yourself :slight_smile: However, granted that custom_updater is on a path to become deprecated I would at least not invest much time around it!

1 Like

Integrated all my Tado thermostates with this card. Works great!
Thanks for the work!

/ Ralf

Love this card, thank you for your work

I have two questions

Can you hide the icon in the title?

With the styling with custom:card-modder, can you change the temperature colour only if the mode is set to heat for example ?

I realized that if I have turned off the Tado thermostat and then restart home assistant, after Tado is not turned on from HA, I do not know if it is because of HA or the custom card, who else does this happen? regards

Hi, I’ve seen the question at least twice, but not seen any answer.
@nervetattoo, could you please clarify this;

How do we change the icon- text and frame colors at the bottom using styles within the card?

@kurniawan77, did you ever find a permanent/configurable solution to this?