Lovelace: Slider Button Card

Same device, same problem.

Looks like it’s because pointerdown/move/up are only supported in safari from iOS13+ (see here)

I’ll try to patch it and make a PR if I can make it work

That would be amazing if you could get it work! Way beyond my skill level :sweat_smile:

OK, I got it working. You can use my fork for now and I’ll see if the original author wants to accept a pull request.

(you can grab the compiled js file from here)

2 Likes

amazing! thank you. will give it a go and report back.

hmm, that didn’t seem to work, sadly. I replaced my slider-button-card.js file with the one you linked and rebooted HA, but still unable slide on the iPad Mini. works well on desktop/chrome.

I needed to invalidate my frontend cache (on the iPad app). Here, if you haven’t done that. After resetting, pull down to refresh and it should use the new code.

Also, delete the slider-button-card.js.gz, because HACS will try to serve that first if it exists. (I haven’t worked out yet how to trigger HA to re-compress it again now that I’m happy it’s working)

reset the frontend cache + deleted slider-button-card.js.gz but still no dice, i’m afraid :frowning:

could it be because i’m running an older version of HA Core (2021.5.5)? Haven’t been able to update to anything newer because it breaks kiosk_mode integration on iOS 12.5.4. I’m starting to sense a trend…

i’m also running the slider buttons inside a vertical_stack card, maybe that’s causing problems?

:point_up: For posterity, we got it working. Was just config issues

1 Like

Great card!
But i miss the feature like in custom:button card, called “custom_fields”
Is it possible to add something like that in the future? :slight_smile:

I really want to love this card, but… my Lovelace backgrounds are black. It appears if the color of a light is anything except white it works. But if the light color is white, the slider is all black (like my background) and is never visible when adjusting the brightness.

I’ve tried multiple settings but nothing will show the slider on a black background when white is the light color.

Any thoughts?

How can I change the language of the plugin? I have a russian interface, but plugin shows its nformation in english :frowning:

Has anyone had issues using the slider on iOS devices? On Android devices I can turn on/off devices with a flick of a finger but with iOS I have to swipe THEN tap in order for it to register and even then it just sets the brightness to 2% or 98% but never on or off.

Hi!

This plugin is great!

However, I want to use the slider as a progress bar for a sensor (progress for the dishwasher 0-100 %). It does not supports sensor, was thinking of making a template light or cover, but could not get it to work.

Can you add support for sensor?
Or do you have any better solution for this?

This card is meant to control devices. For displaying information (like sensors) I think you’re better off using this card: Lovelace: Bar Card

Yeah, for shore that would be the best choise. I believe it’s to much work to get it to look like this component. Would be nice to have it matching the rest of the light controllers and such :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi, I have a graphic “problem” with the card.
When I touch a toggle, the card is circled with a blue border.
Can this border be removed?

I´m trying to do a custom color for the slider that controlls a blind. Is it possible and do someone have the code for this?

1 Like

Ok since I´m not very good on coding I´ve done a lot of research to try to get this to work but I can´t solve it…
In the documentation there is examples of styles that can be used. I have, of course, got the examples that are there to work. But there is no example of how to change the color of the slider.
If I change the primary color in the theme that changes the color of the slider but I only want to change color in some of my slider button cards.
I have tried to use --primary-color in the card but that dosent work.

Is it realy possible that there arent any way to change the color of the slider?
One workaround could be to set a diffrent theme for the specific card but I can´t see that there are a way to do that either…

Has anyone figured out if it is possible to control the duet blinds from HunterDouglas? The ones you can open from top and bottom? Is it possible?