Lovelace: Sun Card

Thank you for the effort! I reloaded the plugin and now the moon is working.

I just installed sun2 and the sun card but it complains that it can’t find the sun.sun and sensor.time_utc entities. Any ideas on what I’ve messed up?

I managed to solve this by adding the https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/time_date/ component and specifying ‘time_utc’ as a display option. For whatever reason, that also sorted out the sun.sun (which was already present in my configuration.yaml)

Would it be possible to show the actual elevation?

To be honest, currently I don’t see a place to put it. I try to keep the card as minimal as possible. I’ll think of that…

I just updated to 4.0 release but with this configuration:

- type: custom:sun-card
                name: Sole
                meridiem: false
                entities:
                  elevation: sun.sun
                  max_elevation: sun.sun
                  sunrise: sensor.sunrisetoday
                  sunset: sensor.sunsettoday
                  moon: sensor.moon

I don’t see any of the above sensors displayed in the card…
Something wrong?
BTW i switched back to 3.4…

Could you share a screenshot with editor opened? Any errors seen in console? How the state of sensor.sunrisetoday and sensor.sunsettoday look like?

I already checked the console and there is no error regarding the card, it shows only the release number.
About the sensor here it is:

Schermata 2020-02-14 alle 18.14.26

Looks like 3rd party time library failed to parse the state value. Please create a new bug on github.

Ok, done… I hope i did it right… (first time issue for me)

Have anyone seen this before:

It doesn’t show the sunset / Sunrise anymore and I think it happened after the latest update (of the sun2 card).

Current lovelace view:

cards:
  - name: Sun
    type: 'custom:sun-card'
type: vertical-stack

Yes. Latest version introduced some breaking change. Please configure entities for sunset and sunrise events in the card config.

Sorry, tried to look at breaking changed and also have that as a entity, but it didn’t show me :(.
Thanks for the quick reply!

Latest version working, but not the moon (the dark circle is the sun):

Any ideas?

Seems the same for me - Moon isn’t showing:

Another thing, what’s the difference between, elvation and max_elevation, when it comes to this view?

Max elevation is maximum value of elevation sun reaches this day. It’s for scale od the “graph”.

Yes make sense :blush:.

Do you also miss the Moon after the latest release?

@mishaaq, I just updated to the latest version, but I still don’t see the moon.
Should this have been resolved in this release?

The same for me, I cannot see it

I can’t reproduce it. Guys, would you create a bug on github with all potentially useful data like: version of HA, card version visible in console, state of the sensor, screenshot of the card, card config, browser…