↔️ Swipe Navigation

was working a few days ago but not working now.

Seems ok now… so weird… maybe the 50 cache clears fixed it…

it would be so cool if it was working on windows with touchscreen :slight_smile:

Release 1.2.5

• Adds multi-dashboard support
  • Adds option to disable auto skipping of hidden tabs skip_hidden: false

Can use hosted ?

In response to my question here I manually installed the latest version of your script and it works using IOS 13.(latest) and Safari on my iPhone. HA version 0.114.2. Thanks for this must have functionality!

I did find a cosmetic issue/bug when swiping to the 2nd view (first swipe). It looks like the view is vertically centered and so the lovelace title is not displayed, as are the top entities in the view. When continuing to the next view, it seems to be aligned at top again.

Of course you can swipe vertical to go to the top of the (2nd) view again, but i think it is a cosmetic bug that hopefully is easy to fix.

Can’t seem to replicate this issue, what is your config for swipe navigation and is there anything of note on that 2nd view?

I used the configure you mentioned above with the intention to tweak it afterwards. After my post it looked like it was not consequently just the 2nd view, but every even view. So I want to dig in a little further, before updating my experience.

The behavior is very odd.
When opening the page and you start swiping, it is alternately (1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th shows title, the even views don’t).

Swiping back, all pages show the title like you’d expect.

Swiping forward again, it is the same(ish) as the first time, but then the title partially hides behind the url bar.

What’s striking about the views that load without title is that they seem to zoom out (the title text is smaller when loading, but has the same size when you scroll to the top).

Try with any other animate: option or no animate option. Swipe is experimental and can act strange with some cards.

I changed it to fade and it works as expected. So it seems like something goes wrong with the rendering in the swipe animation.

Fade is fine with me, so for me personally the problem is fixed, but I am happy to test for you in case you decide to make some changes.

Thanks for your quick replies!

I missed the posts about the swipe being buggy. If I was aware of it, I’d first check a different animation. Speaking of which, the option none is missing in the readme, just FYI.

The reason for this post however is that the warp boolean doesn’t work when using multiple dashboards. It works on the default/standard dash, but not on the second.

“none” isn’t really an option, it’s just telling you that there is no default so you would just not include the animate option in your config.

Make sure that you are placing the config you want on both dashboards. Each dashboard acts on its own, so each one would need a swipe nav config that includes wrap: true if that is what you’re after.

Also wrap: true is the default so using your config above I would include this on both dashboards:

swipe_nav:
  skip_tabs: 5,6,7,8
  prevent_default: true
  swipe_amount: 30

Unless of course you already have all this and it’s still not wrapping, which in my tests isn’t the case.

My mistake, I indeed forgot to add the swipe_nav to the other dashboard. That makes perfect sense…
Let’s just say it’s my holiday brain that’s not fully functioning…

Hello,

I’m trying to make this fabulous component work but it doesn’t work for me :frowning:

I am using HA version 1.114.3
I am using google chrome and android app
I installed add-on by HACS

My dashboard configuration :

swipe_nav:
  prevent_default: true
  swipe_amount: 30
title: Home
views:

I refreshed the page, reloaded the customization restarted HA but still no swipe :frowning:

I also tried to add the resources even if it doesn’t seem necessary because I installed it with HACS but also without success.

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you

Hello,

Some news, after adding the resource it now works

Thank you

which resource?

/hacsfiles/lovelace-swipe-navigation/swipe-navigation.js

now the integration disapperaed from my HACS, is nowhere ???

This isn’t an integration, it’s under frontend and HACS should automatically add the resource for you. If it doesn’t you can try to reinstall it from HACS.