Lovelace: Swiper card

Oh god that was a typo! I am gonna fix it now.
What do you mean by “not giving any effect”?

Are you able to swipe at least?

It is swipeable, but the graph is not shown… just an empty area.2019-02-26%2016_23_17-Home%20Assistant

in the screenshot you see i wiped a bit… on the left the area is empty… so not showing the mini-graph part…

Do you have any error in the console (dev tools)?
Is the mini.graph working if you take it out of the swipe?

no errors as far as i can see, and yes then it does work … thats why i don’t understand why it is not working within the swiper card.

That is actually really strange becaue I had it working for test, let me run some tets and I’ll get back to you.
Meanwhile quetion, is everything up2date?

Now, beside being HUGE because I missplaced the code, it is working perfectly to me

Make sure you have the mini-graph-card and the swipe-card up2date, it might be your issue :slight_smile:

Fixed the position and it is still working:

1 Like

Got it working now… Seems the issue was in the Resources part.
Previous versions of swiper only worked for me while using

• url: /local/custom-lovelace/swipe-card/swipe-card.js?v=1.0.0

after removing the v=1.0.0 it is working…Thnx for the help @SeLLeRoNe

That’s probably related to the cuatom_updater new way on checking versions :slight_smile:

Hey I have a problem where randomly it looks like the cards inside my swiper don’t work. None of the cards inside my swiper are custom cards (just entities or gauge cards). It honestly seems to happen 50% of the time and I haven’t been able to find a pattern. It happens on both chrome on mobile and ff on desktop. I have some pics of what happens on mobile. http://imgur.com/a/f57kfkS

If that happen on Chrome Desktop too, a good place to start would be use the Dev Tools and check for any error in the console (and to clean the cache)

1 Like

It does also not work on Chrome Desktop, but nothing is popping up in the Dev Tools console. I did though find out that any adjustment of the browser window fixes the problem momentarily. Though if I refresh the page it goes back to being incorrect. And it seems to always jump to the last card when it “fixes” itself.

Thats very strange, I guess you might need/want to open an Issue on the github repo so that the developer might help you fix it.

It might be a bug somewhere, very odd that the console doesn’t return any error tho

Hi,
how to use binary sensor with swiper card?

entities:
  - entity: binary_sensor.aeotec_zw100_multisensor_6_sensor
    name: pokój
  - entity: binary_sensor.hue_motion_1
    name: przedpokój
  - entity: binary_sensor.hue_motion_2
    name: kuchnia
  - entity: binary_sensor.hue_motion_3
    name: dominik
  - entity: binary_sensor.hue_motion_4
    name: oliwier
  - entity: binary_sensor.hue_motion_5
    name: łazienka
  - entity: binary_sensor.hue_motion_6
    name: wc
show_state: false
type: glance

Does this card work with input_text, input_boolean, input_datetimes, etc. I have some cards that show up and I can swipe, but cannot enter or select anything

First off, great card; this should be added to Lovelace as a standard card type.

Secondly, a pointer for those using touch devices (apologies if this has been covered or is obvious to most): I was having trouble on iOS when swiping between a weather card and a picture card such that the swipe would register as a click, and the image itself would pop up as per a link. A look at the Swiper options indicates that it tries to prevent this by default, but I discovered that one can add tap_action: none to the entities to solve the problem.

Finally, something I can’t solve. Swiper seems to default to the height of the tallest card, and shorter cards are stuck at the top. Anyone know how to center them? I tried adding all sorts of CSS formatting options using style: in the individual cards, but it seems to be ignored (maybe because I’m using stacks). Also, as seen, the top of the first card is cut off a little bit once you enable the scrollbar.

views:
  - title: Kiosk
    panel: true
    cards:
      - type: horizontal-stack
        cards:
          - type: vertical-stack
            cards:
              - type: 'custom:swipe-card'
                path: '/local/custom-lovelace/swipe-card'
                centeredSlides: true
                centerInsufficientSlides: true
                parameters:
                  spaceBetween: 8
                  scrollbar:
                    hide: false
                    draggable: true
                    snapOnRelease: true
                cards:
                  - weather: weather.openweathermap
                    mode: hourly
                    type: 'custom:weather-card-chart'
                    tap_action: none
                  - entity: camera.weather_map
                    type: picture-entity
                    tap_action: none
2 Likes

This is also the case when using scenes. Unfortunately the tap action is what I wanted for this. Removed the card for the time being.

My input_texts work after I right-click on them. It’s weird, but it works.

2 Likes

Hi, this really is a great card, I have 2 questions though:

1. Is it possible to wrap around the first and last card? Meaning you could continuously swipe and go from the last card back to the first?

2. Would it be possible to have this swipe action go automatically? As in it will slide to the next card in x seconds?

Thanks for this great card!

For the first question:
You can to change the wrapping in the downloaded .js file.