Configurations:

type: 'custom:travel-time-card'
entities:
  - entity: sensor.google_leo_home
  - entity: sensor.google_leo_work
  - entity: sensor.waze_leo_work
    zone: zone.leo_work
  - entity: sensor.waze_leo_home

Note: some travel time sensors such as Waze do not come with the destination address with it so you’ll need to specify it manually via the zone setting for an entity. You can also set a custom zone for any entity to override the destination address.

Options

Name Type Requirement Default Description
entities list Required List of entities to show (see entity config below)
title string Optional Github Change card title
show_header boolean Optional true Show or hide header
columns list Optional ['name', 'duration', 'distance', 'route'] Customize what columns are shown
map string Optional google Open to google or waze maps when a route is clicked (google or waze only)
distance_units string Optional `` Force conversion of distance units to metric or imperial if needed
Name Type Requirement Default Description
entity string Required The travel time entity id
zone string Optional Override the destination route with a zone or add one if none is given from entitiy

Enjoy my card? Help me out for a couple of :beers: or a :coffee:!

coffee

14 Likes

Up and running. Works great!

good job.:slight_smile:

Is there any way of getting info in the card if there is an accident reported on the specified route?

No sorry the data I get back is limited by the Waze API

1 Like

One thing I have noticed is that I am not seeing this card show up in the tracker card even though I have included the link in LL config that should add it to card updater

Just fixed. This is my first card so I wasn’t sure how to get that all working.

1 Like

Was it a fix to the Json file or something I need to download or change in config?

No, nothing you need to do on your end. I just needed to add a release tag to my repo so the updater can pick it up.

1 Like

Not sure why, but just got home and it is still not showing up in the tracker-card. I manually updated to 1.1.0, confirmed the link was correct in:

custom_updater:
  card_urls:
    - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/kuuji/button-card/master/tracker.json
    - https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ljmerza/waze-card/master/updater.json

Yet still not there.

Could you try restarting HA? Looks like the version control is tied to the custom_updater component and that has to be reloaded.

I have restarted and no change

ok haven’t forgotten about this. I’ll definitely figure it out and update everything

Hi, Is there any way for it to display in miles? Mine seems to be set to Km.

Thanks

works great thanks

1 Like

Hey yeah it should be based on your global home assistant settings.

Thank you, Can’t believe all the months I have has HA and had unit of measurement set to Metric :smiley:

Thanks for the card, I like it a lot.

After looking closer,

It displays mi now but the numbers it displays is still km? So, it shows 63.71mi but should show 40.1mi.

Ok I made an update to v1.1.1 and it should work. Let me know thanks!

Hello, thanks for the component. there is an error with the distance in metric units. the distance attribute is already in km in my case and does not need to be converted anymore. Also I don’t understand why I have to specify the zone. Thanks in advance