Lovelace: Travel Time Card

I get huge amounts of errors regarding waze not being able to find the coordinates of Amsterdam…

2019-04-15 23:19:44 ERROR (SyncWorker_18) [homeassistant.components.waze_travel_time.sensor] Error on retrieving data: Cannot get coords for Amsterdam, NL
2019-04-15 23:24:46 ERROR (SyncWorker_1) [homeassistant.components.waze_travel_time.sensor] Error on retrieving data: Cannot get coords for Amsterdam, NL
2019-04-15 23:34:47 ERROR (SyncWorker_15) [homeassistant.components.waze_travel_time.sensor] Error on retrieving data: Cannot get coords for Amsterdam, NL
2019-04-15 23:44:54 ERROR (SyncWorker_6) [homeassistant.components.waze_travel_time.sensor] Error on retrieving data: Cannot get coords for Amsterdam, NL

have this sensor:

- platform: waze_travel_time
    name: Waze Amsterdam-Roosendaal
    origin: Amsterdam, NL
    destination: Roosendaal, NL
    region: 'EU'

my other sensors are using device_trackers or zones, they work alright.
what could I be doing incorrectly? They did work before I think…

Unfortunately, the latest version of the waze sensor does not accept non-coordinates. You can talk with the developer about this at the WazeRouteCalculator repository here https://github.com/kovacsbalu/WazeRouteCalculator

yes, thanks! Ive added my issue on Europe address_to_coords issue · Issue #38 · kovacsbalu/WazeRouteCalculator · GitHub

otoh:

Just noticed that my Homeassistant instance 84.3 reads the Waze_travel_time coordinates perfectly fine…

it’s my HA 91.2 set-up causing the issues. So either the component in HA has changed something incorrectly or the full update caused things to go awol

added to the issue tracker on Waze GitHub: https://github.com/kovacsbalu/WazeRouteCalculator/issues/38#issuecomment-484671256

I am on 0.91.4 and this card is working for me.

is that also with names for origin and destination, and not using coordinates?

I use sensors for my origin/destinations

but what do these sensors render? gps coordinates, or location names. Its with the latter the Waze component has issues.
I have several using device_trackers (coordinates) and they show fine too.

Yeah you’re right they supply coordinates so disregard doesn’t work.

Hi, I got an issue after restart
Uncaught NotSupportedError: Failed to execute ‘define’ on ‘CustomElementRegistry’: the name “waze-card” has already been used with this registry

Installed HACS before.
There is only one entry in lovelace yaml

Sorry, got it.
forgot to delete the old installation under www.
Everything’s fine

Hi Guys

I am trying to get this card but looks like the project GitHub is not working … do you know if this project still active ?

https://github.com/ljmerza/waze-card

This one is about the same I think.
I use it for waze as well as here travel times.
Check it out:

thanks !!! Working fine now !

I’ve just discovered this card and set it up fine, but can you confirm or not whether when it opens the Waze app it creates the route for you automatically?

I’ve got it to open the app but it sits waiting for me to set a route up.

Well, since iOS 13, it now opens the Apple Maps app. Still routes correctly, so not sure what has changed. I don’t really use this to start navigation, so not really an issue for me.

I only set this up yesterday so was already on ios13, opens in Waze for me by specifying it as the map in the card. however I don’t get a route, just the app opening.

Taking the Map line out opens google maps for me, not apple maps, but it does set the route correctly.

I always use Waze so would be good if I could get the routing working.

ok so ive been using this for a while and i want to know if this is possible…
So im using this to select a destination for Waze:

- platform: template
  sensors:
     dest_address:
       value_template: >-
          {%- if is_state("input_select.destination", "LOCATION NAME HERE") -%}
            Long.LAT is here.
          {%- elif is_state("input_select.destination", "Another location here") -%}
            Long.LAt again
          {%- else -%}
           Select location
          {%- endif %}

is there a way to add a variable to this so i can select a new location on the fly:

- platform: waze_travel_time
  name: "Destination"
  origin: device_tracker.mylocation
  destination: sensor.dest_address(VARIABLE HERE)
  region: 'US'
  units: imperial
  vehicle_type: car

?

Hi,

is this still working? I installed via hacks and get no data - only 0 km and 0 travel time. I tryed zones and waze endities. It looks like that there is no start point. Can yomeone help me?

Thanks and regards
Frank

yeah it works. it has like a 5 min poll time, so it does show 0 at first.

pic of my randomness with graph card for… fun