Lovelace UI badges. Possible?

Hi,
I am testing Lovelace UI and I’m wondering is it possible to use badges in cars and in views?
I checked the documentation, examples and some configuration found on github but didn’t find anything

1 Like

To my knowledge this is the closest you can get:

thanks @ludeeus for fast replay.
This is acceptable for listing entities. I liked the entity-filter feature and as I can see glance don’t have filter options.
It will be nice in future to have badges in views and cards.

Edit: I just checked that entity-filter has card option where I can use glance

1 Like

I agree with @masarliev I’d REALLY like to have badges in the new ui - it’s a very useful GUI element for certain items/sensors

yepp badges are really needed in lovelace, they look too good to give up in my opinion

First off, you can use as a glance card:

This will have entities appear and disappear on your UI when they reach a certain state.

I believe they are adding new functionality to glance cards in rev 0.74.0. Where you can customize what appears on the card. With those changes, you can make them look like badges but they will still only appear in the glance card.

EDIT: My first link may not be related to this thread, not sure why I linked it. It’s too early.

although not clean… you can fudge it with the use of a picture-element card. they have the ability to add state-badge elements…

- type: "picture-elements"
    image: "http://via.placeholder.com/300x1/ffffff/ffffff?text="
    title: Glance
    elements: 
      - type: state-badge
        entity: sensor.one
        style: 
          position: relative
      - type: state-badge
        entity: sensor.two
        style:
           position: relative
2 Likes

Badges are now standard and available for views: Lovelace view badge

Also, I tried with banner style with notification: shameless self-promotion :slight_smile:

1 Like

I feel all we need is for entity-filter to be able to be used in badges for views

- id: 999
   title: Panel
   badges:
     - light.kitchenpantry
     - type: entity-filter
       entities:
         - light.kitchenpantry
       state_filter:
         - on
       show_empty: false
   cards:
3 Likes

I wonder when will this become a thing

when what will be a thing? Badges are in lovelace now. Or are you referring to something else?

the entity-filter option @dubsix proposed

Don’t think it’s in the works. You can add it as a #feature-requests.