Lovelace UI (dashboards) assigned per user

I propose that groups be implemented. It would work similarly to how the option for “admin only” can be applied, except that option would be replaced with “Available/Visible to Group” and then you would select which groups could see that dashboard. I suppose having a dropdown with checkboxes for individual users would also work though. I’m a Windows admin so groups is what is familiar, hah.

In Configuration > Dashboards:

It exists on dashboard pages…a bit more work but the same result and I am guessing you are not maintaining this for a huge amount of users :slight_smile:

With this option I could end up with multiple dashboards in the side panel that no one else could see any cards on as it’s intended for admin only, yet the non-admins will still have to scroll past it as blank dashboards which would clutter up their view. What you suggested is not the same as the feature I requested.

3 Likes

Yep, I missed that when I briefly tested it…was expecting it to disappear if no pages are available for the user…it does not disappear

It also doesn’t work for the automatic dashboard, Energy dashboard, Logbook, etc.

2 Likes

Its a really good idea :slight_smile:

I’ll also love to see this implemented.

how is this not done yet?

1 Like

It seems like a no brainer, and very useful. If I create a kiosk for the front hallway, and a user named Kiosk, I want them in the Kiosk dashboard only.

Needing this as well…

If possible:

1. User group permission
  2. Sidebar visibility permission
  3. Default sidebar\dashboard permission