freeMode: true
    cards:
      - !include /config/lovelace/includes/include_chip_temperature.yaml
      - !include /config/lovelace/includes/include_chip_presence.yaml
      - !include /config/lovelace/includes/include_chip_energy.yaml
      - !include /config/lovelace/includes/include_chip_alarm_clock.yaml

and adapt the parameters to your liking

3 Likes

dont yet understand the history: back commandā€¦ hmm. how does the name: of the button cause the history to go back?? Or does it set the name, and by clicking the is goes back in history? that would be crafty :wink:

does work indeedā€¦ how cool :wink: thanks, and to Romrider of course, Iā€™ll post this in button-card, as answer on my own question for reference.

see Lovelace: Button card - #5757 by Mariusthvdb

Tnx, but feels like huge overkill just to wrap something :astonished:

the swiper card adds the swipe functionality to HA, so it does offer the extra UX. Its more than merely overkill, and kind of nice once you get used to its behavior.

you could probably also wrap them in a grid card, to auto fit and go to the next line. Its what I do with my dynamically created alert buttons

Iā€™ll give it a try, but didnā€™t you mention that the hold_action doesnā€™t work? Or did you solve it?

A better code to a history back button : Lovelace: Button card - #5765 by clemalex

@tben :upside_down_face:

I just saw the vide template.

But there is already a blank card in button-card :

this is not the most important but if you want to keep the template, you might have to add pointer-events property to none :

vide:
    styles:
      card:
        - background-color: rgba(0,0,0,0)
        - box-shadow: none
        - height: 0px
        - pointer-events: none   #<-- here

https://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_pr_pointer-events.asp

3 Likes

Just wanted to say I love this design! Havenā€™t used it myself but will be stealing elements of it for my own UI :slight_smile: Keep up the great work!!!

2 Likes

Hey Clemalex :wave:
I donā€™t think I used this card anymore. But thanks for the info, I would correct that :slight_smile:

Great work! This UI is amazing. I just created a button card for my climates.

11 Likes

hello could you share your card please? @djacid

Of course, but I need some time to clean my code, before share it

3 Likes

No problem thanks

Wow, this looks amazing! Any plans to build into a custom Lovelace strategy?

2 Likes

Imagine this UI right throughout HA :wink:

3 Likes

Looks like this was depreciated in UI Editor?

Agreed, this design should be looked at as a default, itā€™s just so clean!

2 Likes

Hi Todd :wave:
I havenā€™t explained it anywhere but itā€™s possible to use it with the UI editor if you copy / paste the content of button_card_templates.yaml into the config editor.
I write it down to add it to the github :+1:

Cheers mate, yeah thatā€™s how I was able to accomplish it as well, did take me a bit to stumble across the fact !include doesnā€™t work in UI editor. Yeah, may be worth mentioning in GitHub for others :wink:

On a side note, Iā€™m currently looking at what is involved with Lovelace Strategies to auto populate Lovelace views, would you mind if use your cards in it (if I can get it to work of course)?

1 Like

@tben

What do you think about creating an addon section in your button_card_templates for community chips and cards ?

I do some tests on my side and it seems to be easy to implement :wink:

• Replace include by this one in your ui-lovelace.yaml : button_card_templates: !include_dir_merge_named lovelace/button_card_templates

• Put your ā€œbutton_card_templates.yamlā€ in a specific folder and create an addon folder

Capture

Guys like @clemalex, @djacid or me could post our addons (button card templates) in this folder with a Readme file and community could download just what they want.

What do you think ?

2 Likes