šŸŒ» Lovelace UI ā€¢ Minimalist

has anyone ever played with the navigation bar of the is-tapbar-theme?

iĀ“m tyring to get something like this

Unbenannt

changing the icon to blue, and have a little bar above the icon for the active tap

Iā€™m wondering if Iā€™m the only one with this issue. I use the card_thermostat and the popup that gets loaded seems to mess something up. The slider of the thermostat card (which is just a default card from Home Assistant) is really funky to use. The slider keeps dragging if you click or tap it once until you magically tap somewhere else. If I load that same thermostat card in the normal view, without a popup, it works perfectly and stays on the position when you let go. Is anyone else facing this too?

Hello, i use the custom_card_person_chip, but iā€™d like to change the label (text) with icon.
Is it possible and if itā€™s, how can i do it ?

I already wrote here that I have empty popup. This morning I saw that ui minimalist update is available and updated it. Now when read your post, I checked again and whoala - my popup is not empty any more :stuck_out_tongue: , but slider behavior is same as yours :frowning_face:. When you click the slider and drag it to another position, it keeps following the mouse when you release click as well. It stops once when you click to some other place, and most of the time that temperature position will be applied (sometimes it miss temp apply completely). This is for desktop. I would add on top that behavior on touch screen is little different. Slider will stay in place as soon as you release your finger from touch screen, normally, it has no what to follow any more, but temperature will not be applied ever. Temperature will be applied only if you tap with finger on some position on slider and this have to be very precise tap. I believe that something is messed with drag and drop, i.e. drag isnā€™t released once when person release left mouse button, instead of that continues dragging.

Iā€™m having the same issue - did you find a solution?

You need also define the entity outside the variables. You can check for more info on the wiki

1 Like

No not really, but what is strange when iā€˜m in one of my other zones then the label is correct. But never in my Home Zone neither if iā€˜m out of my defined zones.

Are we both really the only ones with issues about the Zone naming inside the person card?

Hi, Iā€™m having trouble getting a popup to work with browser mod. When I tap on the card nothing happens at all. Iā€™m sure that the browser mod itself is working ok because the popup works on an alarm chip. Iā€™m using the latest version of UI Minimalist. Iā€™ve cleared my cache, tried not just a HA restart but also rebooted the host machine, and also tried from a device not previously used to access the dashboard. I canā€™t figure out what Iā€™m doing wrong on this.

Not working

- type: 'custom:button-card'
      template: card_generic_swap
      entity: sensor.usps_delivery_card
      variables:
        ulm_card_generic_swap_name: USPS
        ulm_card_generic_swap_icon: mdi:mail
      tap_action:
        action: fire-dom-event
        browser_mod:
          service: browser_mod.popup
          hide_header: false
          data:
            title: USPS Images
            content:
              type: picture-entity
              entity: camera.mail_usps_camera
              aspect_ratio: 50%
              name: Mail
              camera_view: live
              show_name: false
              show_state: false

Working:

- type: 'custom:button-card'
      template: chip_alarm
      entity: alarm_control_panel.home_alarm
      tap_action:
        action: fire-dom-event
        browser_mod:
          service: browser_mod.popup
          hide_header: true
          data:
            title: Alarm Panel
            content:
              type: alarm-panel
              entity: alarm_control_panel.home_alarm
              name: ' '
              states:
                - arm_home
                - arm_away

Sorry if Iā€™ve missed it somewhere. But did anyone manage to get the Ring Doorbell working with the custom_card_camera template?

Or using any other kind of template to get this to work?

Still not finished, but further then last time.

The target of this dashboard is primarily to inform about the state of the house and everything else which is important for us. Tried to reach everything I need within one click. If there is only a small amount of informations I used popups. Otherwise I made a new view.
A few ToDos are still open
:white_large_square: Popup background to the same color as dashboard
:white_large_square: Room-Popups
:white_large_square: Rework Energy-view
:white_large_square: Align House-Buttons to layout
:white_large_square: Give lawn-mower card some colors

On the left there are navigation buttons which navigate to a subview. On the welcome-card there are popups.
The lower right is called ā€œhouse-buttonsā€. The first two are for the washing-machine and the tumble-dryer and turn green when they are ready. After that there is a card for the trash. Which shows the next type of trash which will be collected. The icon and the color changes, depending on the type. the label shows how many days till collection.
There are still many bugs in it. If you find one, please tell me.

Please find the code on github GitHub - Se7enair/minimalist-dashboard

More pictures:

25 Likes

Thank you very much for your work. Itā€™s beautiful! Any chance you can add your scriipt to manage your popup in the welcome card?

Oh, I missed that. Added it to github minimalist-dashboard/scripts.yaml at main Ā· Se7enair/minimalist-dashboard (github.com)

2 Likes

Hi all, when I open my HA app it takes a brief moment to load the dashboard. Especially if I go to another UI lovelace minimalist dashboard page that has many cards, it loads from top to bottom, but not so fast. It is so slow that it is quiet annoying. Once the page is loaded and I go back to a previous loaded dashboard page in the same session, it is immediately there. Closing the app requires it to load again.

I was wondering if other people are also experiencing this? I recently upgraded from a RP2 to Odroid N2+, so I hoped that with the faster server loading would be faster, but it is notā€¦

I experience this on all devices and browsers.

This is how it looks like:
ezgif-5-2dc7bc113d

Hello,

Iā€™m new to Home Assistant and Minimalist UI, so at first I wanted to say hello and admit that youā€™re all doing hell of a job! Thank you.

And now, letā€™s get to the point.

I installed Minimalist UI with HACS in accordance with the instruction - I didnā€™t install any aditional HACS UI repositories, except browser_mod. But I had a little problem - the UI had problems with displaying on mobile (there was an error that button-card is missing), so I installed button-card repository on my own. And now everything shows nicely.

But thereā€™s another little problem. When I press buttons, I donā€™t see those nice animations filling cards.
There are square-shaped, gray animations (the ones that are a standard browser animation, I suppose) - an example shown in the attachment.
How could I resolve that problem?

minimalist_UI_problem

Regars
Jakub

Lovelace UI Minimalist newbie hereā€¦ Iā€™ve been following this video and when it comes to creating different views around the 15 minute mark Iā€™m stuck.

Correct me if Iā€™m mistaken but Iā€™m looking to have one main view (home.yaml) and then seperate views for each room (e.g. study.yaml). Where I suspect Iā€™m on the wrong track is specifying different views in ui-lovelace.yaml. When I do so, nothing appears when I attempt to load the dashboard.My ui-lovelace.yaml is configured as per below:

button_card_templates: !include_dir_merge_named "../../custom_components/ui_lovelace_minimalist/__ui_minimalist__/ulm_templates/"

title: "UI Lovelace Minimalist"
background: "var(--background-image)"
views:
- include views/home.yaml

Iā€™m hoping to use the view in home.yaml as my main dashboard view that would then take me to different views depending on the card. Or should I be treating ui-lovelace.yaml as my main dashboard?

What might I be doing wrong?

1 Like

Hi, short question. Is it a known bug that the popup slider is not working with iOS16 and Companion App? On Desktop the slider is working fine. Cheers

1 Like

Try adding ! before include.

1 Like

It could be a couple of things, but this missing animation, have you tried another system or different browser?

Iā€™ve seen this happen before and sometimes the browser turns off the hardware acceleration.

Or when OS settings are set to disable animations, some browsers are sensitive to that as well.

Or maybe wrong CSS properties?

It is not working for me either. It works fine on my wifeā€™s Android phone though.

That did the trick. Thanks :blush: