šŸŒ» Lovelace UI ā€¢ Minimalist

That did the trick. Thanks :blush:

Itā€™s the same issue for me. but just with me, with my wife the Zone is identified correctly.
Iā€™m curious if you have the solution

The solution is already given šŸŒ» Lovelace UI ā€¢ Minimalist - #2735 by basbrus

I havenā€™t figured out why it happensā€¦havenā€™t looked into the advice given by @basbrus (thank you for taking the time), but a ā€œwork aroundā€ is to use the custom person chip. This is giving me the "home"status with no issues.

Has anyone created a scheduling card for Minimalist where you can change the schedule from the UI?

Something like: Scheduler card/custom component - #1700 by deanfourie

Thanks

1 Like

Hello Everyone,
Love this UI having trouble with something that seems it should be trivial. Iā€™m trying to adjust the font size of the card_light button card however the custom-button card styles font-size method isnā€™t working

- type: "custom:button-card"
        template: card_light          
        entity: group.living_room_lamps
        styles:
          name:
            - font-size: 8px
          label:
            - font-size: 8px
        variables:          
          ulm_card_light_name: Living Room Lamps         
          ulm_card_light_enable_color: true
          ulm_card_light_icon: mdi:lightbulb

Hi,
Since latest update of minimalist (v1.1.5-hotfix). state in person card is displayed as undefined instead of home or away. The state of the person however is correct, either home or away. Was anything changed in the template?

Any ideas?

1 Like

Hey all, this is a bit of a weird one, where are the templates for button cards defined? Iā€™m trying to use the esh_room with ā€œviolet_onā€ for the colour however button card canā€™t find the template. the files exists in the directory but I canā€™t seem to figure out where the available list of templates is defined. anyone had this issue?

excellent work!

1 Like

Need some help getting the chip back card to work with adaptive UI. Is there someone with an example?

Is there any way to do mouse overs / hovers for chip cards ?

Mine is in /opt/homeassistant/config/custom_components/ui_lovelace_minimalist/__ui_minimalist__/ulm_templates/card_templates/colors

Iā€™m having problems with the weather icon on Welcome Scenes Card.

Clicking on the weather icon pops up the following:

chrome_8tKTnpEF1J

The relevant code is:

ulm_weather: "weather.vancouver"

I wonder if this is something to specific to the Environment Canada weather provider.

Iā€™m kinda stalled with this one. Can someone suggest any further troubleshooting steps?

update:

Iā€™ve figured it out and submit a bug report! itā€™ll be fixed next release

Hi Guys,

Iā€™m loving this theme & the flexibility it gives me. Only one thing is bugging me since Iā€™ve started using it the last few weeks regarding the person-card (default minimalist one, not custom)

When me or my wife are at home, it shows me the label ā€œundefinedā€ (It shows the correct blue house icon, so it knows we are home.), same if we are away to a location unknow to HA.

But when we are at work (these zones are created in HA) it shows the correct zone nameā€¦

Shouldenā€™t it say ā€œhomeā€ (or zone name) when at home & away when somewhere else?

I just canā€™t figure out whats going wrongā€¦ Can you point me in the right direction?

This is my code:

- type: horizontal-stack
    cards:
        template: card_person
        variables:
          ulm_card_person_entity: person.simon
          ulm_card_person_use_entity_picture: true
          ulm_card_person_battery: sensor.simons_iphone_battery_level
          ulm_card_person_eta: sensor.waze_simon_to_home
        variables:
          ulm_card_person_entity: person.carolien
          ulm_card_person_battery: sensor.iphone_7_battery_level
          ulm_card_person_eta: sensor.waze_carolien_to_home

Thanks all!!

Hi @MonYvel

Please check the posts above you :wink:
There is already posted multiple times about the same problem and the solution is also mentioned a couple of times.

Itā€™s also displayed correctly as required on the wiki

Basically, youā€™re missing the entity outside the variables.
It should be like:

- type: horizontal-stack
    cards:
        entity: person.simon
        variables:
          ulm_card_person_entity: person.simon
          ulm_card_person_battery: sensor.simons_iphone_battery_level
          ulm_card_person_eta: sensor.waze_simon_to_home
        entity: person.carolien 
        variables:
          ulm_card_person_entity: person.carolien
          ulm_card_person_battery: sensor.iphone_7_battery_level
          ulm_card_person_eta: sensor.waze_carolien_to_home
2 Likes

Damn, Iā€™m an idiotā€¦ How could I overlook thisā€¦ :zipper_mouth_face:

Anyway. Thanks man!!

I will try to search better next timeā€¦ :face_with_monocle:

Have a nice evening!

2 Likes

I got something cool I have done that i figured i might share here for others.

I currently use chips to report states at the top of my dashboard, and stack them horizontally. Eventually tho it runs off the side and starts to be wider than a mobile device so it gets very ugly. I wanted a way to keep the chips in a single line and didnā€™t much like the idea of a line break and continuing the chips on a second line below. So I came up with this:
chrome_sASg2jVbsY

Itā€™s pretty simple really as it uses a swiper card to wrap the chips. You can of course use this with any card, but sometimes chips can get out of hand and you have a ton before you know it

- type: custom:swipe-card
          cards:
            ## Sensors ##
            - type: 'horizontal-stack'
              cards:
                - type: 'custom:button-card'
                  template: chip_back
                  variables:
                    ulm_chip_back_path: /ui-lovelace-minimalist/home
                  template: chip_icon_label

- type: 'horizontal-stack'
              cards:

Code is simple really, but its an idea i dont think iā€™ve seen others try out and works suprisingly well with UI Lovelace Minimalist. Putting the chips in a horizontal_stack allows me to make a set of chips and move them as a group. You can not put them in the stacks and it will still work, but you might have a chip at the end thats only partially visible if the chips/cards are not easily divisible into the width of the swiper card.

There are also many parameters to tweak and personalize the swiper card using parameters

8 Likes

Hi guys. Could anybody tell me what would be the proper way to enable Effects drop down on Light Popup card?

I already wrote here, there is a key/value pair in default popup_light_brightness.yaml at the line 388, per default set to false.

effects_list: false

(/config/custom_components/ui_lovelace_minimalist/__ui_minimalist__/ulm_templates/popup_templates/popups/popup_light_brightness.yaml)

If I set it to true, I have Effects drop down on Light Popup, but with every next minimalist update, this being overwritten.
Is there some approach that I could put popup_light_brightness.yaml somewhere to /config/ui_lovelace_minimalist, same way as we are doing with normal, ā€œnon-popupā€, custom cards?

Sorry cause Iā€™m pinging for something I already asked, usually I donā€™t like to doing that, but nobody answered long time, this topic is huge and really hadnā€™t success to find solution on my own. Thx.