šŸŒ» Lovelace UI ā€¢ Minimalist

after 2 restarts, itā€™s ok.
I donā€™t know why, but it seems to be solved now.

Were you able to figure this out? Iā€™m getting the same ā€œCustom element doesnā€™t exist: button-card.ā€ error.

Iā€™ve double checked my entities and cleared cache for the UI page.

I am trying to customise the Minimalist UI Light and Cover card to my usage in order to fit the space of the NS Panel Pro nicely. For it I have copied the code of the light card into a custom_card_light.yaml file.
I started to inspect the code.
Eventually I would like to go from here:
Orig
to here:
Mock-Up

First off I tried to identify the slider figuring out how it is introduced into the standard card.
I found it to be a custom:my-slider card listed under item2:
Checking the documentation of the slider card on GitHub I noticed that the my-slider does not support a vertical slider element. Instead, custom:my-slider-v2 would need to be used with vertical: true.
However simply replacing the custom:my-slider with custom:my-slider-v2 makes the slider vanish completly. What am I missing?

Follow on question would then be regarding repositioning the elements within the card. But probably I should take it step by step.

A further question I have already raised: How can I ammend the minimalist-mobile-tapbar theme to align the navigation pages to the center of the screen/bar?

1 Like

Is there a simple way to change cover color on card_room based on position (0-100)?
I can change color of lights and fan without ptoblem (color_on/off), but I am unable to find command for cover.

Make custom colors, with a value template. But use operators to definie value ranges.

And if you donā€™t like the implementation like me you can. Setup your custom templates In proper directories like me too instead of all dumped into custom_cards

1 Like

Is it possible to make animated cards somehow similarly to what the mushroom cards are doing?

Yes, the button-card allows overriding all of the styles. For example if you wanted the cog animation: image

Your yaml would look like:

- type: 'custom:button-card'
            template: chip_mdi_icon_state
            variables:
              ulm_chip_mdi_icon_state_icon: 'mdi:cog'
              ulm_chip_mdi_icon_state_entity: sensor.spinning_cog
            styles:
              icon:
                - animation:
                  - "spin 1.5s steps(5) infinite"

You can use any normal css animation in you styles override.

Thank you. Does it only work for the button card?

All ui-lovelace-minimalist cards are button cards, so it should work with any standard or custom card.

Oh right! Thank you. Itā€™s been a while since Iā€™ve messed with my config, so I did not remember that.

Hello,

Iā€™m trying to use Custom-card ā€œSunā€ but Iā€™m getting this error:

Has anyone encountered this error?
Did I miss a step for setting up this integration?

Context:

HA info

Sun integration installed

Sun card repositorie (via HACS)

proof of work:

Custom card from Minimalist UI (custom_card_httpedo13_sun)

Thank you!

Anyone has a good idea how to increase the legibility of the controls in the media player card?
One can spot the play, skip buttons etc, as their icons are white, but the volume control is somewhere there belowā€¦hidden in grey.

Yes I know I can turn off album art, but I would prefer having itā€¦in some way at least.

1 Like

Why does it delete my own dashboard. I worked on it for days.

Just installed minimalist and am excited to get started! Everything is looking good on the default dashboard, except the scenes card spacing is off.

Any ideas on why that might be? I imagine I missed a dependency or have something installed that interferes, but I canā€™t figure out what it is

Hello everyone. Iā€™m trying to set up my Adaptive Dashboard but I canā€™t seem to get the Pop-ups on the right side to work. Iā€™ve set up the input_select and used its options as the corresponding devices (under popup.yaml). I also set up the correct input_select and option as card variables on the view I want it to show, but when I double click the card, nothing shows upā€¦ Any ideas?

For a bit of customization I want to change a few color variables in the theme files, like I did in other themes before. Unfortunately after restarting my pi, the theme-files are set back to the original version. All of the changes are lost. Is this supposed to happen? If so, is there any way to change the accent-colors (like ā€œgoogle-redā€ etc.)? Or add new color?

1 Like

I have the same issue. Popups are working on long-press, but are really popups. I would like to see the popup in the right half of the screen.

//EDIT
I got it working. wrong indentionā€¦

I do have an other issue with the Light popup. Only the colorpicker is working. The brightness and color temp sliders donā€™t work. The slider on the light card itself is working as expected.

Okay, Iā€™m pulling my hair out on this one.

Simple question - how do I remove the default UI Lovelace Minimalist dashboard?

explorer_f69RAmqrgu

Itā€™s not causing any real harm, but it annoys me sitting there in the side bar and I kinda hate cruft on any system.

I tried deleting what I thought was the directory containing the offending yaml, but it cleverly got added back in after a restart.

I love my Minimalist dashboard a lot. The default one, not so much.

Copy over your custom dashboard code over to the default file. The integration checks if the default dashboard file is in the correct folder if not, it will re-add it. It does not read the contents.

Which exactly is the ā€œdefault fileā€?

Is it .../ui_lovlace_minimalist/dashboard/adaptive-dash/adaptive-ui.yaml ?

To be very clear, hereā€™s what my .../dashboard directory looks like right now:

WinSCP_D9J1HzlLn8