šŸŒ» Lovelace UI ā€¢ Minimalist

I did. Mine looks like this atm. IsnĀ“t that correct?

---
ulm_custom_actions:
  variables:
    ulm_card_tap_action: "toggle"
    ulm_card_hold_action: "popup"
    ulm_card_double_tap_action: "adaptive"
    ulm_icon_tap_action: "toggle"
    ulm_icon_hold_action: "popup"
    ulm_icon_double_tap_action: "adaptive"
    ulm_name_tap_action: "toggle"
    ulm_name_hold_action: "popup"
    ulm_name_double_tap_action: "popup"

That looks correct. Make sure you have reloaded UI minimalist and your dashboard + refreshing your cache to make it work after changing the parameters.

I did that a hundred times :smiley: I simply donĀ“t get why its not working. It stopped working on the companion app as well as on all various browser i tested it on

On which version are you of minimalist? As I can recall there were some problems with syncing the file.
You can check that by checking if this file (/config/custom_components/ui_lovelace_minimalist/__ui_minimalist__/ulm_templates/custom_actions/custom_actions.yaml) is the same as the one you have altered

yes its the exact same file.
Doing some research to this issue I found a thread on the browser-mod github page. Seems like IĀ“m not the only one experiencing the exact same problem. But uninstalling minimalist is not an option for me.

popup calls stop working. only works sometimes (right after loading the page) Ā· Issue #292 Ā· thomasloven/hass-browser_mod Ā· GitHub

@basbrus please help

If you open it in a browser on a PC do there some errors show up in the dev-console of the browser?

nope nothing. I am using same codes on my sonoff lights and everything is fine there. You think it has got anything to do with the brand?

Hey, I moved all my files to a new folder. But in the dashboards settings they still refer to a older path. Is there a way that i could change the path?
this is the new path with the folders templates and views
config\lovelace_minimalist\views
config\lovelace_minimalist\templates

this is the ui-lovelace.yaml. I also moved this from ui_lovelace_minimalist\dashboard\ui-lovelace.yaml to the new path config\ui-lovelace.yaml

The problem is that all my views are now not visible. I think i need to change the file path in the dashboard setting. Does anyone know how i could do it?

Hi!
After v1.0.1 update, zone name is not displayed on person cards. I try in all of this kind of cards and didnā€™t work. Any sugestion?
Txs!

V1.0.2 :rainbow_flag:

This release introduces mainly stability improvements and bug fixes that were introduced in v1.0.1.
The ability to customize names and icons is back for all cards that lost this feature with v1.0.1 (see Breaking Changes)
We also have improved the translation engine. It can now detect the currency set from within HA and doesnā€™t display undefined anymore when there is no translation available

Changes

:warning: Breaking Changes

1. The way we can set names, last changed and icons for cards like: card_generic, card_battery, card_input_boolean, card_binary_sensor is changed.
    You now need to use variables to set those:
See needed config changes
Old config
- type: 'custom:button-card'
  template: <card_name>
  entity: any.entity
  name: "Name"
  icon: "mdi:flower"
  show_last_changed: true

New Config

- type: 'custom:button-card'
  template: <card_name>
  entity: any.entity
  variables:
    ulm_<card_name>_name: "Name"
    ulm_<card_name>_icon: "mdi:flower"
    ulm_show_last_changed: true
  1. Card Graph needs an entity assigned to it to work with the new naming system. (This can be the same as defined in the variables)

2. Custom-card ā€œLockā€ needs now the prefix ulm_ with all assignable variables. This is done to create consistency with other cards, but also with the code of the card where variables were not equal to the documented ones. See the new documentation

:sparkles: Code enhancements

:bulb: New Custom Cards

:sparkles: Custom Card enhancements

:bug: Bug Fixes

:speech_balloon: Translations

:memo: Documentation

:heart: Thank you so much for helping out to keep this UI awesome

@Ristou, @basbruss, @dougmaitelli, @finder39, @github-actions, @jeffconrad18, @schumijo, @wokkeltje13 and Mathieu Tanguy

3 Likes

Are there problems with ā€˜Input Numberā€™?

Error:
ButtonCardJSTemplateError: TypeError: Cannot read properties of undefined (reading ā€˜ulm_translation_state_unitā€™) in ā€˜return variables.ulm_translation_state_unitā€™

- type: "custom:button-card"
                      template: card_input_number
                      entity: input_number.lampe_einschalten_helligkeit
                      variables:
                        ulm_card_input_number_name: "Automatisierung auslƶsen bei"

Yes, there was something not linking through well.
Itā€™s now fixed and available on the github: UI/custom_cards/custom_card_input_number/card_input_number.yaml at d4cbbf916024dc807b514401ee0d7f64cd18b243 Ā· UI-Lovelace-Minimalist/UI Ā· GitHub

Perfect, now it works. Thanks.

Been playing with the adaptive dashboard. Was able to get the light and mediaplayer popups to work but canā€™t get the room view popup to work. Iā€™m using the custom card room Custom Card Room - UI Lovelace Minimalist. My thinking is this card hasnā€™t been updated to work with this. Would that be why I canā€™t get it to work?

Thatā€™s correct. Only official cards and cards that support official templates are updated to work with it.

You can still make it work though by adding this code to the card:

double_tap_action:
    action: "call-service"
    service: "input_select.select_option"
    service_data:
      option: "[[[ return variables.ulm_input_select_option ]]]"
      entity_id: "[[[ return variables.ulm_input_select ]]]"

Hey, thanks for confirming! I added the code but still canā€™t seem to get it to work. Pretty sure I missed something but not sure what. My guess is I put the double_tap_action is the wrong place. Or maybe i went cross-eyed and missed something obvious :crazy_face:

Hello guys.

Iā€™m trying to understand how to use the ā€œAdaptive Dashā€ introduces on the 1.0.1 release.
I already knew how layout cards works due to the fact I used it time ago.

The point is that: I donā€™t understand how to manage some grid areas ā€œunusedā€ under mediaquery. In the example placed on github:

layout:
  # Tablet portrait
  grid-template-columns: "1fr 1fr 1fr 1fr 1fr 1fr"
  grid-template-areas: |
    "text text text weather weather weather"
    "welcome welcome welcome welcome welcome welcome"
    "title1 title1 title1 title1 title1 title1"
    "card1 card1 card2 card2 card3 card3"
    "title2 title2 title2 title2 title2 title2"
    "card4 card4 card5 card5 card6 card6"
  mediaquery:
    # Mobile
    "(max-width: 800px)":
      grid-template-columns: "1fr 1fr"
      grid-template-areas: |
        "welcome welcome"
        "person person"
        "title1 title1"
        "card1 card2"
        "card3 card4"
        "title2 title2"
        "card5 card6"
        "card7 card8"

As you can see, the fist line of areas (text and weather) doesnā€™t appear under mediaquery layout. Thatā€™s great, I donā€™t want to see those elements on the phone.

But those elements doesnā€™t simply disappear. They are placed randomly on the screen:

How can I solve this?
Thank you!

You can set a show parameter for the card to only show it when your screen is at least an x amount of pixels.
This is covered in the original docs of lay-out card and not in the minimalist docs.
to make it work for you you should change the grid placeholder to something like:

- view_layout:
      grid-area: weather
      show:
        mediaquery: "(min-width: 801px)"

This is what I use in my personal setup to only show the weather card on non-mobile devices.

Edit: Add link to lay-out documentation where this is covered: https://github.com/thomasloven/lovelace-layout-card#card-visibility

Thank you so much! I totally missed this information from the Layout Card doc!