🌻 Lovelace UI • Minimalist

Anyone know if it’s possible (easily, without rewriting the entire card template!) to change one of the Room card widget entities from displaying an icon, to a label? Basically have a switch that activates a heater with a countdown timer, and would like the widget to show time remaining in minutes (when active)

… or even maybe more fun, the background of the heater icon would behave like a percentage bar :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you very much for the inspiration. I’m still trying to follow many of your approaches.

I would love to know more about your washing machine/dryer entities and the function behind it as it would really like to copy it. Could you perhaps show us the config of the sensors?

Regards
Philipp

Could you share the code? I’m trying to create a popup but it doesn’t work.

Hi Nabil, for browser mod popups you need the following in your yaml.

tap_action:
                      action: fire-dom-event
                      browser_mod:
                          service: browser_mod.popup
                          data:
                            title: "Name of card"
                            content:
                                type: vertical-stack
                                cards:

You can also have a hold_action if you wanted as well.

Do you wan’t to share your code please? Stuck with some options and buttons…

Thank you for the reply.

I think it isn’t the browser problem, because I have the same issue on Chrome, Opera and even mobile app.

When it comes to the mobile app I also see “rectangles” surrounding buttons while tapping them.

Could you please tell me how can I check CSS properties? I haven’t change any of these.

Regards,
Jakub

Thanks, it’s working now!

Hi,

The next release will have a similar feature added to the popup cards where you can set the effect and color-palette. This also works for the mediaplayer as source selector

Some sneak-preview:

Desktop:

Mobile:

PS: If you want to have existing changes to official cards it’s best practice to copy the code over to your custom_cards directory, change the template name to something unique and use that to config your cards.

3 Likes

Thanks for these great news!

Btw, regarding this:

I already tried to copy default popup card to custom_cards directory, but I used default name for both - directory and the card, i.e. popup_light_brightness(.yaml) and this didn’t worked (of course). Now, from this point, I think I understand what you want to say, e.g. most probably I could copy default popup card to custom_cards directory, edit it as I wish, but need to rename it to something unique (not to leave it with default name), then probably from Light Card I should set long press (or double tap, etc.) to call that custom popup card via browser_mod.
Since I’m little lazy these days :sleeping:, and more because much better change is coming with next release, I will wait for update. ++Big thanks cause what I can see on screenshots, was made with WLED in mind :heart_eyes: :star_struck:

1 Like

It is relatively easy. A smartplug to measure the energy consumption and a door sensor.

automation

`################
# Waschmachine #
################

## Waschmaschine fertig ##
- alias: waschmaschine_fertig
  id: waschmaschine_fertig
  trigger:
    - below: 5
      entity_id: sensor.waschkueche_waschmaschine_power
      platform: numeric_state
      for:
        seconds: 30
  condition:
    condition: and
    conditions:
      - condition: state
        entity_id: input_select.waschmaschinenstatus
        state: Läuft
  action:
    - service: input_select.select_option
      data:
        option: Fertig

## Benachrichtigung ##
- alias: "waschmaschine_fertig_benachrichtigung"
  id: waschmaschine_fertig_benachrichtigung
  trigger:
    - platform: state
      to: Fertig
    - platform: time
      at: "07:00:01"
  condition: "{{ states('input_select.waschmaschinenstatus') == 'Fertig' }}"
  action:
    - repeat:
        while:
          - "{{ states('input_select.waschmaschinenstatus') == 'Fertig' }}"
          - "{{ 7 <= now().hour < 23  }}"
        sequence:
          - service: notify.alexa_media_esszimmer_alexa
            data:
              message: <audio src="soundbank://soundlibrary/musical/amzn_sfx_bell_timer_01"/><voice name='Vicki'><amazon:domain name='news'>Die Waschmaschine ist fertig.</amazon:domain></voice>
              data:
                type: tts
          - service: notify.alexa_media_bad_alexa
            data:
              message: <audio src="soundbank://soundlibrary/musical/amzn_sfx_bell_timer_01"/><voice name='Vicki'><amazon:domain name='news'>Die Waschmaschine ist fertig.</amazon:domain></voice>
              data:
                type: tts
          # - service: notify.wohnzimmer_firetv
          #   data:
          #     message: "Die Waschmaschine ist fertig"
          #     data:
          #       duration: 8
          - delay: "00:30:00"

## Waschmaschine in Betrieb ##
- alias: waschmaschine_laeuft
  id: waschmaschine_laeuft
  trigger:
    - above: 5
      entity_id: sensor.waschkueche_waschmaschine_power
      platform: numeric_state
  action:
      data:
        option: Läuft

## Waschmaschine leer ##
- alias: waschmaschine_leer
  id: waschmaschine_leer
  trigger:
    - platform: state
      entity_id: binary_sensor.waschkueche_waschmaschine_tuere_contact
      to: "on"
  condition:
    - condition: state
      state: Fertig
  action:
      data:
        option: Idle
`

input_select

name: Waschmaschinenstatus
options:
  - Idle
  - Läuft
  - Finishing
  - Fertig
initial: Idle
icon: mdi:washing-machine

it would be great if you can add a possibility to switch off the light after some time!
A timer function for the lights!

please consider it!
thanks for all your great work.
Madir

I installed the 2022.11.0b0 yesterday and since then my cards have been showing borders, I checked the CSS but couldn’t really find anything that could cause this let alone since an update. The only reference to a border I can find are those of the outside of the cards. Any suggestions what I need to change in the CSS?

2 Likes

Thanks for the mention.

Fix is just added to the upcoming release :smiley:

1 Like

V1.1.6 :rainbow_flag:

Changes

:bulb: Features

:sparkles: Code enhancements

:bug: Bug Fixes

:speech_balloon: Translations

:memo: Documentation

:heart: Thank you so much for helping out to keep this UI awesome

@TheLastFrame, @Yllelder, @basbruss, @delcara, @freddanastrom, @github-actions, @kepath, @mdb17, @schumijo and @shogun160

3 Likes

Big thanks for this. Just one question: On your screenshots, few posts before, there is also Color Palette list. I just updated minimalist ui, and I have Effects list in popup, but Color Palette is missing on my WLED instances. I can see there are popup_light_effect.yaml and popup_light_palette.yaml inside default installation directory, but Color Palette is not showing for me. Should I do something to enable it or where am I mistaking?

Just for note: I already have enabled Color Palette select entities (they were disabled in HA per default, as per documentation).

Many thanks.

The docs are now updated, how have to add the select entity into the variables part of the card.
https://ui-lovelace-minimalist.github.io/UI/usage/popups/popup_light/#card-compatibility

- type: "custom:button-card"
  template:
    - card_light
  entity: light.cuisine
  variables:
    ulm_card_light_enable_popup: true
    ulm_card_light_color_palette: select.wled_color_palette
1 Like

extra-border
am I the only one who has this problem after the system update? I mean that extra border.

1 Like

using the generic swap card i would like to change the background of the card based on the state. Can you help me with a sample code please?

hi @basbrus,
the new 1.1.6 release is compatible with the 2022.10.5 HA stable version?

thank you for your effort