šŸŒ» Lovelace UI ā€¢ Minimalist

Grrrā€¦the longer I look, the more errors I findā€¦ :slight_smile: Sorry, my bad, but that will not work, neither with your custom version, nor with the original cardā€¦

This is wrong:

triggers_update:
  - [[[ variables.blub ]]]

This on the other hand should workā€¦

triggers_update:
  - [[[ return variables.blub ]]]

Would you mind trying this, otherwise Iā€™ll have to check the code from button-card, maybe the field ā€œtriggers_updateā€ isnā€™t templateable (is that even a word??). Please try with return and if that wonā€™t do, just set triggers_update to all, like so:

triggers_update: all

And please report back, we use triggers_update on a few places, so these would need to be addressed, too. :slight_smile: Thanks!

@Vintage89
Hmmm, that is a little unexpected. Before we start to inspect every file, Iā€™ll setup a new dashboard on my system and try to mimic your setup. Weā€™ll see what comes up there, but if that doesnā€™t help, we need to dig deeper in your installation, so keep your fingers crossed :rofl: :rofl:

Same problem here; only with a reload is a update of the chips possible.

Hello everyone, I have a question. I have created the following chip and card for weather. When I click on the 1st click chip I donā€™t get the more-info card, but on the 2nd click I do. Iā€™m using the weather provider of ā€œWeather.Homeā€ for both. Can anyone tell me what Iā€™m doing wrong? Thank you for all your help and time. Here is a picture of what Iā€™m talking about.

Hi @paddy0174 , thanks for the quick feedback!
For me only ā€œtriggers_update: allā€ helps.
The addition of the variables with preceding ā€œreturnā€ does not change anything.

Hehe! Iā€™ll be here scratching my brain and eyes :sweat_smile:

What is not working? Could be that HA doesnā€™t deploy this theme, if the browser or better the device running the browser isnā€™t powerful enoughā€¦ :slight_smile:

What device are you running with FKB? Can you try to call the page from the ā€œnormalā€ browser on that device and see if everything works there?

I have this ā€œthemeā€ running" on an Amazon FireHD8 (or7) with FKB (FullyKioskBrowser) with kiosk_mode and it works like it should. Switch from light to dark theme is running as well, nope, canā€™t say itā€™s not working. :slight_smile: So we need to look for something else that is causing this.

So this is what Iā€™ve got this far - loving it! Allthoug the memoji of my wife was not approoved :joy:

2 Likes

@DrHouseIOT
That is intentional, as the chip_temperature doesnā€™t have anything set for a click. :smiley: If you want to have the weather provider, youā€™d need to setup a tap_action for that chip. Like so:

type: 'custom:button-card'
template: chip_temperature
variables:
  ulm_chip_temperature_inside: sensor.my_temperature_sensor_inside
  ulm_chip_temperature_outside: sensor.my_temperature_sensor_outside
  ulm_chip_temperature_weather: weather.my_weather_provider
tap_action:
  action: more-info
  entity: "[[[ return variables.ulm_chip_temperature_weather; ]]]"

That should do the trick, please try and report back, if issues come up. :slight_smile:

@CM000n
`triggers_update` doesn't accept javascript templates Ā· Issue #35 Ā· UI-Lovelace-Minimalist/UI Ā· GitHub :rofl: :rofl:

@Vintage89
That looks great. I really love this clean look, @TBen is a genious. :slight_smile: And I love this Memojis! Have looked them up, but have no iPhone in the near family, thatā€™s new enough, and weā€™re an Android family. But these are soooo cute, I need to find something to get these pics. No need for motion or things like that, just the pics will do nicely. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the translation, will add it to the repo! :+1:

1 Like

@paddy0174 , WIPā€¦
best regards and thanks!

1 Like

I had a similar issue.
return variables.blub did not work; however triggers_update: all does work

How did you manage to get your text left aligned? Mine keeps going into the center :frowning:

Thatā€™s the same you see with your and @CM000ns layout. :slight_smile: In both of your cases its left-aligned and has a margin to the left of 24px.

If you want to change that, Iā€™d recommend to use a custom entry, we have a small guide in the wiki for such cases: see here

Just to show it as example. :wink: This is what your new template should look like:

matt2468_card_title:
  template: card_title
  styles:
    card:
      - margin-left: 10px

Depending on the mode you used for installation (yaml or UI), you need to copy and paste this into the raw-config-editor (UI), indented by two (2) spaces (every line two spaces indented).
Or in yaml-mode you need to paste this into a new file that you create in the folder config > minimalist-templates. Here you donā€™t need another indentation, take at as it is. :slight_smile:

In your view file you do exactly as you did with the ā€œoldā€ title, but now you call ā€œmatt2468_card_titleā€:

- type: custom:button-card
  template: matt2468_card_title

Have fun pocking around with the values. If you need more to change, just add it to the new template. All values from the new template override the values set by the theme. You could add an underline for example by adding text-decoration: underline like

styles:
    card:
      - margin-left: 10px
      - text-decoration: underline

Thanks Paddy :smiley: the only other thing im trying to work out now is how to get all of the actual cards to be on the left side of the screen instead of centered or maybe thats not possible :thinking:

Of course it is possible ;-). I myself use the lovelace-layout-card from thomasloven in the meantime.
With it it is possible to position single cards at almost any place and also to make different laylous, e.g. for desktop, tablet & smartphone.

If youā€™re interested, you can find my current lovelace-minmalist.yaml confguration here: homeassistant/lovelace-minimalist.yaml at main Ā· CM000n/homeassistant (github.com)

Could you share a screenshot of your layout?

Sure. But itā€™s realy nothing special.

On Desktop:

On Mobile:

4 Likes

Hi,
first of all great theme. I love it :slight_smile: Successfully installed it in yaml mode. What i didnā€™t figure out so far is changing the ā€œkey colorā€ from orange to e.g. blue. Is there an easy way to do this? I looked up the thread for different keywords but didnā€™t find the solution.

Thank you!

Best Regards
sorted

What do you mean by ā€œkey colorā€? Please explain a little more detailed, what exactly you want to be changed as the the ā€œthemeā€ shouldnā€™t have anything orange as its basic level, just white or dark grey (light or dark mode for the theme). If youā€™d have a screenshot, it sure wouldnā€™t harm a good answer. :rofl:

First of all: thank you for the quick reply.
Maybe it is only in the light slider template. If thatā€™s the case I was little bit fast with my question. I am currently doing some trial and error :slight_smile:

You mean the slider or the orange background behind the icon?

The color of the slider should be adjustable, but Iā€™m not sure what the deafult is. :slight_smile: Last time I worked on that card, I tried to get the actual color from the light to show upā€¦ Iā€™d need to look this up, sorry!

The icon background is intentional as well. All cards use kind of a color schema (see here in the wiki), where the off-state is the grey you see with your ā€œRolloā€, and the on state differentiates between light and other entities. Light is orange for on-state, a light blue is taken for ā€œstandardā€ entities (as you would see with the ā€œRolloā€ if open), green for outside and red for all things ā€œtempā€. :slight_smile:

Btw. did you only change the background or did you not activate the theme for this user? If the latter, you should activate the theme and only change the background-image afterwards (you could do so in the view file). There are some variables used, that are definied in the theme, otherwise the system (HA) chooses the default values, and they donā€™t fit good for this theme. :slight_smile: