šŸŒ» Lovelace UI ā€¢ Minimalist

Thank you for the very detailed feedback. I really appreciate that :slight_smile:
I changed the background in the yaml file to test it. (as mentioned Iā€™m currently doing some trial and error. It does not really fit to this setup. I just wanted to know if I can change it in that way)
I will proceed reading in this thread and starting my test build.
Again, thank you :slight_smile:

Best regards
sorted

Thanks for the quick response Patrick. I am running FKB on a new Samsung Tab A7. See below the difference in screenshots.

Tab A7 with FKB:

Chrome:

Livingroom Light is your standard ā€˜card_light_sliderā€™, ā€˜Keukenā€™ is a custom-card I am working on

I removed all cache from FKB without luck.

Thanks!

Hmmm, doesnā€™t look rightā€¦ :expressionless: Just to be sure weā€™re on the same page, weā€™re talking about the yellowish background of the card, the slider color and the icon background?

What comes now is just guessing work :wink: I assume, some css definitions wonā€™t get handled by the browser. This would be my first guess, as the css code that is responsible for making these colours is coming from two separate things, one from this ā€œthemeā€, but the slider color is controlled by the slider-card. If two sources show the same ā€œwrongā€ behaviour, it is likely that it has something to do with the one common point, the browser.

Could you please check, if another browser on the same tablet shows the same behaviour? Or the HA companion app? If they show the wrong colors as well, we have nailed it down to the tablet, otherwise to FKB.

Letā€™s see where we get with this and then look further. :slight_smile:

Took a little longer, sorry, but I canā€™t pinpoint anything down. I rebuild the same setup as described in the post above, with no problems. The language variables get loaded, I can change them around by deleting one *.yaml file and adding another one back, the languages changeā€¦

That leaves me with the assumption, that something else is causing this. Not the best outcome, as debugging without reproducing an error is a tideous task (at least for you, as you need to try different things mostly with no outcome :rofl: ).

If thatā€™s ok for you, Iā€™d suggest we do some further debugging via Github, because this could end in a lot of writing back and forth. :rofl: At Github we could isolate that from the ā€œnormalā€ things here in this thread, and others would still be able to follow that process and join in to help.

As I said, if itā€™s ok for you, just open an issue at the main repository here, Iā€™ll jump in right away. :slight_smile: If not, itā€™s not a problem at all, just let me know and we do it here in this thread. :slight_smile:

@paddy0174 thank you for your help. It work as expected!!!

Thanks your config really helped me understand layout card, for some reason I couldnā€™t ever get it from the documentation :sweat_smile:

I did have one more question for some reason when I have a picture elements card in my yaml it takes up a lot of the space unless I put a whole bunch of gap cards - but then there are heaps of gaps :frowning: any tips?

- type: horizontal-stack
      cards: 
      - type: picture-entity
        entity: camera.doorbell
        aspect_ratio: 16:9
        camera_view: live
        image: http://192.192.192.192/p.jpeg
        show_name: false
        show_state: false
        hold_action:
          action: none
      - type: 'custom:button-card'
        template: chip_icon_state
        variables:
          ulm_chip_icon_state_icon: 'šŸ›”ļø'
          ulm_chip_icon_state_entity: alarm_control_panel.alarm_panel
      - type: custom:button-card
        template: edge
      - type: 'custom:button-card'
        template: chip_icon_state
        variables:
          ulm_chip_icon_state_icon: 'šŸ›”ļø'
          ulm_chip_icon_state_entity: alarm_control_panel.alarm_panel
      view_layout:
        grid-area: zone1

Hey, @clemalex
i love your mod of the cover card with the favorite position. Iā€™ve managed to implement it for my standard covers.
But as i am not speaking french and as I have no somfy covers I want to ask if it is possible to create a template based on the standard minimalistic cover card only with additional button for the favorite position?
I tried to but I successfully failed :smiley:
Would really appreciate that!

Best Regards
sorted

I do not understand the request. This is already the case in the cardā€¦ :thinking:

My UI is shaping up nicely thanks to this ā€œthemeā€, really love how customisable it is. Iā€™ve done two custom cards already, one with a calendar and one chip that changes symbol based on if someone is home, all away or night mode is on.

Two things I really would want to see is:

1, Conditional cards. Like for example when itā€™s starting to get late, show both a new title and a card with night mode boolean. Or if media player is playing, show that media player and itā€™s controls. I used DBuit Homekit-panel-card before and heā€™s got that working, maybe could get some inspiration on how to make it happen here to?

2, A filler card so you could get one small entry instead of a long one. For example if I have an uneven amount of lights, instead of one of them cards becoming a long, full width one you could ad that card + a filler card so it getā€™s symmetrical with the other cards. (Hope you get what I mean here, it was harder to explain then what I realised). I tried making one but making an empty card like did not fill it so that did not work :smiley:

Calendar card

Home state chip
Screenshot 2021-11-16 at 13.18.52

2 Likes

On the left the original template. On the right side the template with your code from the post above.
Maybe I did some mistakes as I copied itā€¦
I would like to have the German version and the percentage. (and the colorization of the icon).

I just copied the whole code of your post into the templates without any adaptions. (i guess there could be the issue)

Sorryā€¦ and thank you! :slight_smile:

Great stuff! Mind sharing your calendar card? Are you using sonarr or plex or something?

1 Like

Absolutely! Itā€™s not done completely, I want to make it a little simpler but here it is in itā€™s first draft. If anyone look at this and know how to make it simpler, both the sensor and the card I would appreciate the feedback as Iā€™m not a coder. This is just a mashup with what Iā€™ve learned a long the way.

Card

Under the operator you can change the value where it changes from greyed out to blue ā€œactiveā€, itā€™s set to 7 now and under custom_fields you can set when the ! notification badge should show up, itā€™s set to 3.

Itā€™s really just a copy paste from other cards, so maybe one could do this better? Is there any way to like make the card handle all the calulations without the sensor below?

Sensor

This sensor uses the calendar integration. I have my iCloud calendar synced with HA via Caldav. The first template shows the next event name, in this example itā€™s a birthday calendar and I use a emoji in my calendar so I needed to remove that and the space between and also set a limit on how many letters to show.

Then there is two attributes in this sensor. First one days_text is in Swedish and if the events is today, tomorrow or the day after that it shows in text, if the event is more days away it says ā€œIn x daysā€. And this is used as the secondary label in the card.

Third attribute is simply how many days is left so I could use it in the card to tell when to turn it from grey to blue (active) and when to display the notification badge.

Edit: I donā€™t use sonar or Plex but if you could pull some data when a show is released you should be able to make it work with that as well.

1 Like

Itā€™s an old code with the old values for colors. The language is hard and should use the new ulm formatā€¦

I have no availability at the moment for Ha but I donā€™t think I forgot to point out a point to modifyā€¦

I have that on my plate, to include and update all cards from this thread, so they find their way into the repo. Either as a custom-card or as an addition into the main template file. So in your case @sorted, Iā€™d suggest to wait a bit, these cards will be available in the near future.

The problem with the code you copied is, it was written before we ordered the repo. That means there are old variables that arenā€™t filled with values, eg. the background from the icon or the language variables. These need to be updated.

Iā€™m on it :smiley: If you find some time, you know your help is always welcome, in the meantime Iā€™m just updating your cards and add them as custom-cards. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @paddy0174
Can I make a suggestion on one of the cards in this thread?

When clicking on the Light Name, in this case ā€œBellaā€, bring up the more-info pop-up.
Or the same action, but when clicking on the circular light icon on the left of the Light Name, in this case ā€œBellaā€.

Hi Patrick,

Yes the yellow background, the slider and the icon. I just tested it on the tablet with Chrome and I have the same issue so it might not be the browserā€¦ so I guess the tablet is the problem?? But how/why? And what can I do to solve it? How can the tablet block parts of the CSS?

Welcome back Andreas! :slight_smile: Youā€™re always welcome to make suggestions! :+1:

The idea Iā€™m right now working with, was to harmonize all cards (where possible), so all cards work with these actions:

• tap toggle entity
  • double tap special function(s) (if needed) only on some cards
  • long tap more-info dialog (long tap meaning press and hold a while)

Would that be an alternative for you? As we (in this case HA itself) now do a mobile first approach, it might be better with different actions (opposed to different clicking locations) on smaller screens, but Iā€™m open to all suggestions. I like the idea, that these tap actions are kind of harmonized, but thatā€™s just my inner Monk :rofl: Let me know what you (and others as well) think! :slight_smile:

Okay found it, i had created a user for my tablet and did not set this user to be using the mimimalist theme

1 Like

That sounds great :+1:t2::grinning::pray:t2::pray:t2:

Thank you once more. Looking forward to it :slight_smile: