šŸŒ» Lovelace UI ā€¢ Minimalist

These look awesome.

All from 7ahangā€™s

1 Like

This is what I was thinking of!!

Size is the same but you can make it like this
Style=card_square_slider_right

1 Like

Yeah. My thing is that I want to be able to have as many toggles in one view, for the Home assistant app on my phone. And if a toggle takes up too much space vertically the view ā€œgrowsā€ fast.
Therefore Iā€™m looking for ā€œthat specialā€ toggle to save me :slight_smile: :smiley:

Anyone can help finalize the Room Card? The only thing i canā€™t seem to fix is the background of the circles buttons on the right. Like you can see itā€™s not changing wen using one, two or three cards in a row. Also the circles are displaying fine on desktop in a 3 row grid but on mobile itā€™s different like you can see on the screenshot. @CM000n, do you think itā€™s better to just make a PR and we try fix it there or first see if anyone here can help fixing it?

If anyone thinks he can fix the issue send me a pm.

1 Like

Hi @anon36468094 I think itā€™s better to just create a PR. Then we can work on it in a more concentrated way. Here in the forum simply too many different topics go at the same time through each other.

1 Like

I realize my cards did not have the Minimalist theme / look since I could not seem to find these elements within Minimalist. I was hoping that someone would point the way that I may have missedā€¦

Now card_mod sounds promising for a quick fix. Never used it, so one more thing to learn. I was hoping basic panel elements such as these would already be in Minimalist. Iā€™ll take a look at card_mod and maybe place a case or two to see if someone might want to take up the challenge. Maybe Iā€™ll take a crack at it. I was hoping the basic button like the one I was using for the Alarm that shows the state in Icon and Text was already there and I missed it. That might be a good first attempt at trying to understand this Minimalist thing.

Thanksā€¦

Iā€™ll create a pull request tomorrow. :wink:

Is there a way to use a state (of an input_text) as the name of a card_input_boolean?

I have this in my old setup and am moving it to minimalist theme:

- type: custom:config-template-card
                entities:
                  - input_boolean.ac_timer_toggle_preset_3
                card:
                  type: button
                  tap_action:
                    action: toggle
                  entity: input_boolean.ac_timer_toggle_preset_3
                  name: ${states['input_text.ac_preset_3_name'].state}

ā€¦with card_input_boolean I have to manually set the name of the card, so I have:

- type: custom:button-card
                template: card_input_boolean
                entity: input_boolean.ac_timer_toggle_preset_3
                name: Cool night
                icon: mdi:snowflake

Iā€™d like to be able to use the input_text variable in the name of the button-card - if possible!

@basbrus

I would like to change background color on the card, but what ever i try with it fails.
Is it possible somehow?

The colored light card is now included in the beta-release of the minimalist theme as custom card. You can find it here: UI/custom_cards/custom_card_light_color at main Ā· UI-Lovelace-Minimalist/UI Ā· GitHub.
The readme will give you the needed information to install te card :slight_smile:
If you still have questions just let me know! Happy to help.

Edit:
If you are only using the darkmode you could try to change this in card_light_color.yaml

card_light_slider_color:
  template:
    - "ulm_language_variables"
  variables:
    ulm_card_light_slider_name: "[[[ return entity.attributes.friendly_name ]]]"
    ulm_card_light_icon:
  show_icon: false
  show_name: false
  show_label: false
  state:
    - operator: "template"
      value: "[[[ return entity.state == 'on' ]]]"
      styles:
        card:
          - background-color: >
              [[[
                if (states['sun.sun'].state == "below_horizon"){
                  var color = entity.attributes.rgb_color;
                  if (color){
                     return 'rgba(' + entity.attributes.rgb_color + ',0.1)'
                  }
                  else{
                    return 'rgba(var(--color-yellow),0.1)'
                  }
                }else if (states['sun.sun'].state == "above_horizon")
                  return 'rgba(var(--color-background-yellow),var(--opacity-bg))';
              ]]]

to:

card_light_slider_color:
  template:
    - "ulm_language_variables"
  variables:
    ulm_card_light_slider_name: "[[[ return entity.attributes.friendly_name ]]]"
    ulm_card_light_icon:
  show_icon: false
  show_name: false
  show_label: false
  state:
    - operator: "template"
      value: "[[[ return entity.state == 'on' ]]]"
      styles:
        card:
          - background-color: >
              [[[
                  var color = entity.attributes.rgb_color;
                  if (color != null){
                     return 'rgba(' + entity.attributes.rgb_color + ',0.1)';
                  }
                  else{
                    return 'rgba(var(--color-yellow),0.1)';
                  }
              ]]]
2 Likes

Thanks for this! Is there a way to use the ā€œgroup_byā€ for the data with this? I canā€™t seem to figure it out and wasnā€™t sure if it was even possible.

Hi everyone,
just want to say thank you for the great project.
Here is a little insight into my media player card.

3 Likes

Just a little update, in the meanwhile all my Custom Cards are ready for release (except some fixes for the Room Buttons Cardā€¦). Bavo will creating PRā€™s for it on Github so it can be pass the checks and can be released afterwards.

Special thanks to @tben, @basbrus, @CM000n, @bms and @SildeHoop and everyone else i forgot to mention.

Thermostat: Displays state + temp. The middle button below shows boiler temp.
Sonos: Displays source + volume level
Set-Top Box: Displays source
Chromecast: Displays state or defined source if available
PlayStation: Displays state or source (name of gameā€¦) if state is playing

Thermostat

Sonos

Set-Top Box

Chromecast

PlayStation

13 Likes

This looks wonderful @anon36468094 :slight_smile: Looking forward to it.

1 Like

realy nice work, need the thermostat card

Hello, are you planning to add your colored light card in horizontal slider version?

Is this the thermostat that is currently on GitHub? I looked into the source code and saw some light entity references, and some hardcoded strings, the code didnā€™t look ready at all

Made a new one from scratch so itā€™s a different one.