šŸŒ» Lovelace UI ā€¢ Minimalist

please share the config for this ui

This one seems to be the newer one (Unless I am mistaken): Welcome to the UI-Lovelace-Minimalist wiki! - UI Lovelace Minimalist

the missing popup was a copy/paste error :-\ I have it set to enable on the default page, and still just get that other pop up.

card_param: ā€œcardsā€
sort:
count: 4
filter:
include:
- domain: ā€œlightā€
options:
type: ā€œcustom:button-cardā€
template: ā€œcard_lightā€
variables:
ulm_card_light_enable_slider: true
ulm_card_light_enable_color: true
ulm_card_light_enable_popup: true
- type: ā€œcustom:button-cardā€
template: ā€œcard_titleā€

Thank you for pointing out the resources. I removed the HACS ones and removed Minimalist completely, deleted the corresponding config folders for HACS, and then rebooted and reinstalled Minimalist. Result is the same T_T

What am i doing wrong here

ui-lovelace.yaml

---
button_card_templates: !include_dir_merge_named "../../custom_components/ui_lovelace_minimalist/__ui_minimalist__/ulm_templates/"

title: "UI Lovelace Minimalist"
theme: "minimalist-mobile"
views:
  #--------------------------------------#
  # Tab : Home                           #
  #--------------------------------------#
  - title: Home
    path: home
    icon: "mdi:home"
    cards: !include ui-home.yaml

ui-home.yaml

- type: "custom:button-card"
  template: "card_welcome_scenes"
  #triggers_update: input_boolean.<Your_boolean>
  #entity: input_boolean.<Your_boolean>
  variables:
    ulm_weather: "weather.home"
    entity_1:
      entity_id: "input_boolean.hjemmemodus"
      icon: "mdi:home" #OPTIONAL
      name: "Home" #OPTIONAL
      color: "blue"

I get this error

Edit; testet alot of other cards, and those work fine, however im having major issues with Welcome Scenes Card :thinking:

Thank you for replying. I was using the wiki you linked to. When the two cards would not work I started trying everything I could. In the end I just backed up my yamlā€™s, deleted everything and started fresh. Both the welcome card and fan cards are working correctly.

Edit: It should also be noted that the Welcome Custom-card and Fan card Custom-card do require the minimalist-template folder with the button_card_template.yaml however the custom_card_saxel_fan/custom_card_paddy_welcome folders should be placed in the \config\ui_lovelace_minimalist\custom_cards folders and not the \config\minimalist-templates as noted in the wiki. At least this is what worked for me.

I see, these cards can still be installed like any other custom_card with the instructions from here Configuration - UI Lovelace Minimalist. The pages of the card itself are probably copy/pasted from the old wiki without changing the folder templates :wink:

when I set ā€˜minimalist-mobileā€™ on my mobile phone, the whole thing becomes full screen, I canā€™t go anywhere but the dashboard. how can I change the theme back in this situation?

@arifroni I added the welcome card. It has a settings button. From there the menu is back and you can open the profile settings to change the theme

Can you please publish or share the vacuum card? Looks fantastic! PM is fine as well. Thanks!

could you please share the code behind the card/button?

Has anyone developed a thermostat that will show a high and low set point? Did a quick search of this thread but wasnā€™t able to find much. Or a way to modify the current thermostat card? My current thermostat has both a high and low set point, but I can only seem to see the low set point when using the thermostat card. Would be beneficial to control both, but mainly interested in the high set point for now.

Thanks

Itā€™s the default card setup from the docs

1 Like

Hey all,
For those developing cards how do you go about desiging them (in regards to the layout/buttons/images/sliders ect not so much the logic behind it),
I have been editing it directly in the yaml and then reloading the home assistant page each time to view the changes. This is fine for testing logic and what not,but after about an hour of shifting divs colors ect it became tedious, is there a side by side IDE you all are using thats external to home assitant that can be used for testing?
I know you can do some minor changes in chrome dev tools but wondering if there is an alternative.
Im just starting with yaml but have alot of experience coding, just to give a background

Can we get varaibles in generic entity card? or elsewhere?
My sensor for waste collection shows number of days to collection in variables.

does a ā€œmenuā€ chip alredy exist?

Hi everybody,
Iā€™m trying to create a new dashboard using the Room card but I cannot find the way to get the templates to work.
Iā€™ve followed the guide step-by-step from the installation of the integration, I added the code below at the beginning of my dashboard.yaml but still I have the error message of missing Room card template.

# Button cards location button_card_templates: !include_dir_merge_named "custom_components/ui_lovelace_minimalist/__ui_minimalist__/ulm_templates/"
My folder structure is the one below:

My dashboard yaml files are inside /config/.storage/

Can you please help me to understand what Iā€™m doing the wrong way?
Thank you very much!

First thing you need to do is create a views folder under /config/ui_lovelace_minimalist. Should look something list this

Next you need to make the following changes to the ui-lovelace.yaml located under /config/ui_lovelace_minimalist/dashboard

---
button_card_templates: !include_dir_merge_named "../../custom_components/ui_lovelace_minimalist/__ui_minimalist__/ulm_templates/"

title: "UI Lovelace Minimalist"
theme: "minimalist-desktop"
background: "var(--background-image)"
views: !include_dir_merge_list "/config/ui_lovelace_minimalist/views/"

As you can see in the screenshot above I named my view yamls with 01_roomname.yaml, 02_roomname.yaml, etc etc. Not necessary but keeps things organized. Once all your yamlā€™s have been created you need to add the following to all of them. Just change the title and path to match the room they are for.

- title: "Home"
  theme: "minimalist-desktop"
  background: "var(--background-image)"

path: Home
  icon: "mdi:home"
  cards:
    - type: "vertical-stack"
      cards:

At this point you can start adding the cards you want to use. Just make sure you have the proper indent after cards:

Hope that helps!

1 Like

Hi, do you mind to share your Tesla View. Currently working on mine but iā€™m searching for some inspiration :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks, do you mind to share also the code for the big card? I still have my solar input on my own view in order to monitor the charging just with solar power. But this is a really good starting point