šŸŒ» Lovelace UI ā€¢ Minimalist

Love it, have put the temp and humidity label into mine, but something just off with the spacing, could use an extra space between the icon and number starting imo, any way to achieve that?

Does this still work for you? I have just tried implementing this but having no luck. Spat out an error initially but has now just disappeared.

Have you ended up figuring out how to get the side icons to work correctly? Iā€™ve made a few custom (colour) templates for media players, switches, etc and Iā€™ve tested them with the main entity for the room card and have had no issues with any of them, but for some reason I still cannot get them to work with those pesky side icons.

I feel like Iā€™m missing something somewhere.

Hereā€™s some example yaml:

- type: "custom:button-card"
              template:
                - card_room
                - custom_cards_media_playing
                - grey_no_state
              name: Kitchen
              entity: media_player.sonos_kitchen
              icon: mdi:knife
              tap_action:
                action: navigate
                navigation_path: "/ui-lovelace-minimalist/room-kitchen"
              variables:
                label_use_temperature: false
                label_use_brightness: false
                entity_1:
                  entity_id: media_player.sonos_kitchen
                  template:
                    - custom_cards_media_playing
                    - custom_cards_media_paused
                    - custom_cards_media_unavailable
                  tap_action:
                    action: call-service
                    service: media_player.media_play_pause
                    service_data: 
                      entity_id: media_player.sonos_kitchen

I mean, here you see the actual card lights up, but not the little icon :confused:

Screenshot 2022-04-19 at 16.06.22

Hello sorry for my bad explanation :slight_smile: Iā€™m not used to write on forums but I have been working with home assistant for more than one year already.

Yes I have aded in my configuration.yaml the browser_mod (if I use my laptop it opens the popup, but only in mobile doesntā€¦)

template: card_light
                entity: light.salon_tv
                variables:
                  ulm_card_light_enable_slider: true
                  ulm_card_light_enable_color: true
                  ulm_card_light_force_background_color: true
                  ulm_card_light_name: "LED TV"
                  ulm_card_light_icon: mdi:led-strip-variant
                  ulm_card_light_enable_collapse: true
                  ulm_card_light_enable_horizontal: false
                  ulm_card_light_enable_popup: true

@tben Thanks for this amazing framework. About 90% complete, just a few more tweaks for the layout. Running RA2 with about 60-70 lights, and a BOSE commercial CSP. Built a custom node.js client with MQTT to communicate with the BOSE and using input helpers to store the volume for the slider.

3 Likes

It is most likely a fronted caching issue on your mobile device. Try to reset the cache of the HA app.

Iā€™m trying to install the custom card for Elapsed time but it seems to be missing the template ā€œulm_custom_card_eraycetinay_elapsed_time_language_variablesā€, where can I find this?

UI/custom_cards/custom_card_eraycetinay_elapsed_time/languages at main Ā· UI-Lovelace-Minimalist/UI Ā· GitHub You can find it here :wink:

absolutely right! thanks so much for your valuable help!!! was the caching. I logged out from the app and back again and it worked smoothly. YAY!

1 Like

Yeah I have the same issue, I canā€™t get the side icons for my AC to show their on state, BUT my HVAC modes do not have an on state, only off, cool, dry, fan. So my guess that is why.

How did you get the humidity value to show?

Can you explain further? I have the same issue as my HVAC does not have ā€œonā€ so I need to do the same thing as you described but I am new to this and donā€™t really understand how to do this fix. Thanks!

Hi @dacorn. Someone posted it before. This is how I did it:

label: '[[[ return["šŸŒ”ļø"] + states["sensor.lounge_temperature"].state +"Ā°C  šŸ’§"+states["sensor.lounge_humidity"].state + "%"]]]'
3 Likes

Perfect thanks!

How did you manage to get the Temp and Humidity to space out nicely? Mine looks a bit tight.

Does it work with the lights? I cannot get them to work with anything that has an on/off state either.

Do you have any ideas on the subject mentioned a while ago?

What do I need to change for Lovelace UI-Minimalist to take up the entire length of my tablet screen?
Iā€™m stuck on a smartphone format.

Hello

Im having some problems regarding the installation of this theme.

Im using HACS so:

1. I installed bowser_mod
  2. I installed UI-Minimalist
  3. I added this:
browser_mod:

frontend:

themes: !include_dir_merge_named themes

To my configuration file
4) I restarted the Hassio (home assitant OS) and added the integration.

It was added to my menu on the left but when I enter I see a lot of red messages with: Custom element doesnā€™t exist, Custom element doesnā€™t exist, Custom element doesnā€™t existā€¦

I may be missing something but I dont know what exactly.
Thanks in advance!

You dont have the custom cards installed. Follow installation very carefully Installation - UI Lovelace Minimalist

Hello the community,

I searched but without success this simple information.
On different cards we can choose the icon color using Hex code but with the Room Card, I can only chose icon color using template. Template are on that format blue_on, red_off or green_no_state.

Does someone know the color list we can use on that Room Card ?

Hi, Iā€™ve decided to give Minimalist a try and create my own fancy dashboard (really loving its style btw!!). Unfortunately, I immediately stumbled on a problem. I am able to load the example dashboard that is created automatically after installation and everything in it seems to work as expected (so Iā€™m assuming the installation was successful). When I create a new dashboard, it looks like the card_welcome_scene card is not working, at least not when I follow the example in the documentation. I used the configuration below:

---
button_card_templates: !include_dir_merge_named "../../../custom_components/ui_lovelace_minimalist/__ui_minimalist__/ulm_templates/"

title: "Home"
theme: "minimalist-desktop"
background: "var(--background-image)"
views:
  - title: "Example View"
    path: 0
    icon: "mdi:flower"
    cards:
      - type: "vertical-stack"
        cards:
            template: "card_welcome_scenes"
            variables:
              ulm_weather: "weather.home"

However, when I add the configuration from the sample dashboard, which uses the custom auto-entities card, then it does work. Example below:

---
button_card_templates: !include_dir_merge_named "../../../custom_components/ui_lovelace_minimalist/__ui_minimalist__/ulm_templates/"

title: "Home"
theme: "minimalist-desktop"
background: "var(--background-image)"
views:
  - title: "Example View"
    path: 0
    icon: "mdi:flower"
    cards:
      - type: "vertical-stack"
        cards:
          - type: "custom:auto-entities"
            card:
              type: "grid"
              columns: 1
              square: false
            card_param: "cards"
            sort:
              count: 1
            filter:
              include:
                - domain: "weather"
                  options:
                    type: "custom:button-card"
                    template: "card_welcome_scenes"
                    variables:
                      ulm_weather: "this.entity_id"

By ā€œnot workingā€ I obviously mean that the card is not showing up in my newly created dashboard. Iā€™m also getting a JavaScript error originating from button-card.js:

Unhandled Promise Rejection: TypeError: e.setConfig is not a function. (In 'e.setConfig({type:"error",error:t.toString(),origConfig:this._config})', 'e.setConfig' is undefined)

Google wasnā€™t of much help (or my Google-skills failed me), at least, I didnā€™t find any similar problems or a solution. Perhaps, someone on here can help me?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: I was able to figure out what the problem was after checking out the card_welcome_scene template. It seems like you either have to provide a value for the entity field or provide entity_1 until entity_5, otherwise the card doesnā€™t show on the dashboard. It still doesnā€™t explain why the latter config did work, but Iā€™ll let that one go.